IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Advanced SystemCare5 + Word + Outlook = BROKE

WessWackos

I thought it would be a good idea to install Advanced SystemCare5 on my computer. After running it, I can no longer send emails through Outlook. I am getting an error on top of that saying that Word doesn't exist or is no longer connected to Outlook.

PLEASE tell me there is a fix for this.

Hi WessWackos, welcome to IObit Forum! :grin:

If you are using Pro edition, you are entitled to get help 24/7 directly from IObit, on the orher hand most of the people here are users like yourself who are trying to help other users.

There are some IObit members in the forum from time to time, but please take into consideration the time difference with the location origin of IObit. Watch for signing in of Cicely.

The first thing to do is to use the Rescue function in ASC5 and if it doesn't work try Windows' System Restore.

Have a look at THIS POST by Cicely, it is the closest incident to yours.

It is a good practice to see all the Details: windows by clicking on Show details of each section after Scan in ASC5, and choose to Ignore the changes you don't want to be applied when Repair is used.

Cheers.

Iobit customer service people don't get too Involved with this website,

They will help with problems that many users are having though.

I just don't remember anyone else reporting problems related to Word and Outlook?

And I can't figure out which of the ASC utilities could effect those, Sorry.

We no longer use either of those programs, so I have no way of testing them with ASC.

Hi WessWackos!

Welcome to Iobit forum!:-D

You may end up having to repair your OS using the original Vista disk... doing a repair and not a re-format.

I highly recommend users employ a system imaging software such as Macrium Reflect free. It is here -> http://majorgeeks.com/Macrium_Reflect_FREE_Edition_d6034.html , but will not help you solve your current dilemma. :-(

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

Hi WessWackos,

Our engineers have developed a solution about this issue, please use the way below to fix this bug.:smile:

1) Please use the rescue function of ASC to get the program work again.

Open ASC 5>> click the button "Rescue" >>choose one restore point (note: please set restore point to the time before the problem occurred)>>click "undo"button

2) Please download the ASC Fix.rar from the link below and extract it to get ASC Fix folder.

http://www.wikisend.com/download/635822/ASC%20Fix.rar

3) Please use the downloaded ASC.exe and Reg.dbd to replace the original ASC.exe and Reg.dbd in the program files of ASC.

Usual Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\IObit\Advanced SystemCare 5

4) Lastly, please run ASC Deep Care as before, then help us check whether this issue can be reproduced or not.

Please let us know the result, if it still can not solve this issue, we will continue to work on it.;-)

Cicely,

I appreciate the help on this! First, I do not know how to SET the restore point. Can that be done manually? If so, where? When I click the create restore point the software says it created it but I don't see where it is saved or how to change a date backwards.

I already tried to restore to Windows Default and it says it did it.

Rescue Center

Cicely,

I appreciate the help on this! First, I do not know how to SET the restore point. Can that be done manually? If so, where? When I click the create restore point the software says it created it but I don't see where it is saved or how to change a date backwards.

I already tried to restore to Windows Default and it says it did it.

Advanced SystemCare automatically creates a Backup in the Rescue Center before making changes.

• Click on Rescue (top os ASC screen)

• Choose the date when the changes were made and click on that Backup to select it

• Click on View Details if you would like to see what changes were made

• Click on Undo Changes to restore the items that were changed on that date

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9126&stc=1&d=1324402255

All the best, woz of oz

Outlook not sending or rec

I've had the same problem with Outlook 2003.

Usually the detect and repair function of Outlook would fix the problem.

Today, my Outlook connector has vanished. I'm not positive it is due to ACS.

I will try the suggested fixes in this forum.

More the most part, I have had great luck with ACS, so much that I bought the PRO version and recommed the programs to anyone having trouble with their computer.

Still no luck with Outlook Connector.

As seen elsewhere, I have been unable to use Word either.

I unistalled ACS

Got outlook working again

Got windows live mail working - you have to unistall alot of the C++ updates and re-update

Installed ACS again (5.0 pro)

Unchecked all the boxes to scan Microsoft office etc

Did the quick scan

Back to the same problem - Not send and rec in outlook

Windows live mail would not start.

Closed ACS

Did outlook repair

Did Live repair

Both working again

Will try the unchecking reg scan box found in another post,

Other wise good bye ACS

Archived