IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Can't access internet when using VPN after running ASC

Flaxe

Hi, just as the title says: When I'm connected to my VPN, I don't got any Internet access at all - not just web browsing. But it works fine when NOT connected to the VPN.

I installed ASC v5 a couple of days ago and used almost every tool that exists. I ran Deep Care, Turbo Boost and a coupe of tools from the Toolbox. I take a look at every option before I clicked next but something did still go wrong apparently.

The next day I noticed that I couldn't access Internet when I was connected to the VPN, so I tried to use the Rescue tools etc - but it still doesn't work.

This image shows what error Chrome gives me: http://i.imgur.com/V97uP.png

I got my laptop beside me and everything works excellent on there, so there was something that happened with my computer after running ASC.

I hope you guys got a fix for this, thanks!

Edit: I'm using OpenVPN, not PPTP or similar.

Process of elimination...Try a different browser to see if the problem is limited to only Chrome.

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and Prosper!

I have tested with Firefox and IE-9 also. I use FF as my default browser but I just took a Screenshot of Chrome because it was the browser I had in English language so that you should understand what it stood :)

It's not only the webbrowser that doesn't work. It doesn't work to connect to our VOIP Server, any online game or anything that requires Internet.

I have also tried to re-install OpenVPN in case the problem was in the network adapter (TAP-Win32 Adapter V9) but it still doesn't work.

Thanks.

EDIT: I hadn't used the "Restore to Windows Default" or w/e it says, thought it was something else first - like that you should reinstall Windows, haha :)

But after I used that restore function and restarted the computer, everything works! So, no help is anymore needed :) Thanks!

• 4 years later...

Archived