IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Advanced System Care 5: rtl120.bpl [SOLVED]

Danpoet

I upgraded to ASC 5, and shortly thereafter, lost the ability to eject hardware devices, such as flash drives. I also noticed that my printers had disappeared in system devices. I rolled back my WIndows 7 system 6 times until the system was back to normal.

However, I received an error about the ASCtray.exe, and rtl120.bpl.

I tried uninstall, but was it was not responsive to uninstalling ASC 5. I researched the problem, and downloaded Bitremover to uninstall ASC.

I re-installed ASC 5, and ran Quick Fix on my system.

This seemed to work, so I did Deep Care next. It fixed everything except a disk error, so I rebooted, and it ran Scandisk.

Upon bootup, I got the same ASCtray.exe error, and said it was missing rtl120.btl.

Hi Cicely!

Thanks for responding and looking into this! This is a different thread!!:mrgreen:

In this thread, the member Danpoet is not the same as member Dingo(from the other thread)! Danpoet cannot post a bug report as the error does not stem from Gamebooster. In this case the error stems from ASC.

Just to confirm this... @ Danpoet... are you using Gamebooster? It is not listed in the computer details of your member profile.

Upon bootup, I got the same ASCtray.exe error, and said it was missing rtl120.btl.
Can you perhaps post a screenshot of this for Cicely as you cannot post the bug report?

-Mel

Hi Danpoet,

1) Please take a screenshot of the error message and send it to us, we will look into it.:!:

Guide for Taking Screenshots:

http://graphicssoft.about.com/cs/general/ht/winscreenshot.htm

2) Please close ASC, then help us check whether there is a bug report in the installation directory of Advanced SystemCare, if yes, please send it to us.;-)

Usual path: C:\Program Files\IObit\Advanced SystemCare 5 or C:\Program Files (x86)\IObit\Advanced SystemCare 5

Thanks in advance!

Hi Cicely!

I think Enoskype has solved this in his previous post.

As Danpoet has not been back yet to view these posts (at the time of this post), we will have to wait and see if it (Enoskype's post) is the solution. Meanwhile I have offered it (Enoskype's possible solution) on the other thread that I linked to in my previous post.:smile:

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

Failed extraction attempt

I tried to extract the .bpl file as an administrator. The ASC program would not let me. However, i did notice that during the attempt the original file, and the replacement file had the exact same file size, creation date, etc., and were apparently identical.

Before this attempt I had also tried msconfig in an attempt to keep ASC from starting, because whenever I tried to replace it, the program said it was in use.

I found two different versions of ASC ASCTray in startup , one for 5 and one for 4. I disabled both versions, rebooted, and the program said it was still running when I tried to extract the file.

Hi Danpoet!

I tried to extract the .bpl file as an administrator. The ASC program would not let me. However, i did notice that during the attempt the original file, and the replacement file had the exact same file size, creation date, etc., and were apparently identical.

Before this attempt I had also tried msconfig in an attempt to keep ASC from starting, because whenever I tried to replace it, the program said it was in use.

I found two different versions of ASC ASCTray in startup , one for 5 and one for 4. I disabled both versions, rebooted, and the program said it was still running when I tried to extract the file.

When you rebooted the ASC service automatically restarted even if you had disabled it.

Do you have an ASC program file for version four still on your machine? Sometimes it may be found in a different location. You can do a system search to find ASC folders. Delete any ASC folder for version 4 (assuming you have version 4 uninstalled). Then disable ASC service and see if you can extract (without re-boot).

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

[Edit: Post back with results... I have another idea that may work if this one doesn't!:smile:]

Hi scrd01!

The cause of your rtl120.bpl error was different than this one. rtl120.bpl is a CodeGear runtime library. In this case the file seems to be completely missing and arises by what I think is a corrupt installation of version 4 over 5, compounded possibly by the usage of System Restore multiple times.

Thanks for your feedback Roy! I am still learning this stuff too!:mrgreen:

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

Hi Danpoet!

Thank you for reporting back that the problem is solved!:grin: Glad we found the solution!

When you rebooted the ASC service automatically restarted even if you had disabled it.

Do you have an ASC program file for version four still on your machine? Sometimes it may be found in a different location. You can do a system search to find ASC folders. Delete any ASC folder for version 4 (assuming you have version 4 uninstalled). Then disable ASC service and see if you can extract (without re-boot).

@ scrd01, Hi Roy, it appears the rtl120.bpl was still present in this case as well but a remnant of version 4 was interfering.

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

• 5 years later...

Archived