IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

ASC Pro 5 & Microsoft Security Essentials Compatibility

oberz3

Hello,

This is my first post in this forum, so please bear with me! :grin:

I have been using both ASC Pro 5 and Microsoft Security Essentials together for a while now, and both are doing a great job! Unfortunately, I am beginning to notice a pattern when I run ASC in that as soon as it's finished, my MSE shows "potentially unprotected". It showed as "protected" before running ASC.

I have already gone into the ASC Settings and unchecked the MS Antimalware in the Privacy Sweeps, but there must be something else it's catching that I don't have the ability to stop ahead of time.

If you know of a solution to this, please let me know! I've already been through this with Microsoft, and they've given me every possible correction I could make that would lessen the chances that MSE would show as "potentially unprotected", but because ASC is not their product, they had no suggestions on how to work with it - they just suggested I uninstall it permanently (I don't really want to do that!).

Thanks in advance for your help!

We use ASC-5 and MSE on five computers and I have not noticed this happening.

But we don't run all the ASC utilities all the time,

only the ones that we feel are needed,

so it could be one that we do not normally run that is causing that.

(don't forget that ASC is a collection of Many different programs)

My suggestion would be to run only one of the ASC utilities at a time,

to determine which may be causing it.

Hello!

Thanks for the reply! I just went through the latest backup log in ASC and found 2 deleted registry entries for the Microsoft Antimalware program (MSE)!!! I now need to find out how to get those 2 entries in the Ignore List.

Do you know how this is done?

Hi again,

I can bring up the log in Notepad, but then I get lost. Even if I highlight the entry I want ignored, I do not have the option to "Ignore" when right-clicking the mouse. I know I'm doing something wrong here. Can you tell me exactly where I should be looking and what I need to do?

Thank you so much for you help!

I'm referring to selecting it from the scan results page in ASC,

not from any other program such as notepad.

I do not think there is a way to put it in Ignore list,

except from within ASC scan results.

I still think you First need to determine which ASC utility is doing it.

My guess it's 'Deep registry fix' or 'System optimization'.

We never run 'Deep registry fix'.

8-)

Ok, here's what I'm looking at - when I go into Settings, then Logs & Backup. I go to the scan dated today, and when I double-click on that scan, a separate window opens. It says, ASCLog-2012-02-23 (08-00-39) - Notepad. I've copied it for you to see and I've BOLDED the entries that are causing MSE to register "potentially unprotected".

Advanced SystemCare Log

====================================

Application Version: 5.1.0.196

Database Version: Reference=53692

Scan Mode:AutoClean

x64 Bit:Yes

Windows 7

2012-02-23(08-00-39)

====================================

[Privacy Fix]: 4 problems fixed

------Details------

Deleted C:\Windows\Internet Logs\ZALog.txt

Deleted C:\Users\Ober\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\CustomDestinations\1fb6e86d638e5bbe.customDestinations-ms

Deleted C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Microsoft antimalware\support\MPDetection-02232012-075738.log

Deleted C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Microsoft antimalware\support\MPLog-02232012-075738.log

Right-clicking on them from the Notepad window does nothing. Should I just delete the log in ASC?

By the way, I never run "Deep Registry Fix" either. I'll see what's happening in System Optimization.

Hi oberz

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9540&stc=1&d=1330033925

If you use any applications that you do not want cleaned you should select settings that will not do so.

In the case of MSE you have probably selected to clean the history records of that application, and it will therefore not have a record of when you last made a scan or possibly also not have a record of when the update of the threat file was last downloaded.

So I your case you just have to choose the settings I have shown in the screenshot as not ticked both in quick and deep cleaning.

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi again,

I can bring up the log in Notepad, but then I get lost. Even if I highlight the entry I want ignored, I do not have the option to "Ignore" when right-clicking the mouse. I know I'm doing something wrong here. Can you tell me exactly where I should be looking and what I need to do?

Thank you so much for you help!

Hi oberz

Have you closed down the program - also automatic functions and then restarted the program for your new settings to take effect?

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi Solbjerg,

I've already unchecked both of the MS Antimalware items and it STILL shows as deleted in the log.

Thanks anyway for the suggestion!

Yes, I have. Once I made sure all MS Antimalware boxes were unchecked in all areas, I closed the program and restarted the computer. Upon restarting the computer, MSE went back to it's green, "protected" state, but with the next ASC scan, the same things happened and my MSE showed "potentially unprotected" again.:-?

Hi oberz

Two things come to my mind - one - a toggling of the settings in both places - a new restart - and second - a chkdsk before trying out the program again.

That is if you are sure that you haven't left any automatic function in the program to run.

If any of this doesn't help you could try a clean uninstal and a clean install to make sure that no "old" settings are left on your computer.

Then remember after having installed again to deselect the cleaning of MSE

Cheers

solbjerg

Yes, I have. Once I made sure all MS Antimalware boxes were unchecked in all areas, I closed the program and restarted the computer. Upon restarting the computer, MSE went back to it's green, "protected" state, but with the next ASC scan, the same things happened and my MSE showed "potentially unprotected" again.:-?

Well, I've completely uninstalled and re-installed both Microsoft Security Essentials and Advanced SystemCare Pro v.5, and both seem to be working well with each other.

I've made sure that in ASC the boxes were unchecked for MS Antimalware in both the Quick Care and Deep Care Privacy Sweeps and all automatic services are OFF.

Thank you so much for all your help! I hope I won't have to see MSE go "potentially unproted" again! :wink:

Good to see you got your problem fixed, MSE isn't bad. If you ever wanted to look for an alternative you could look at AVG Free or Kaspersky, both are very good.

Well, I don't know if I'd use the word, "Fixed" just yet, but I'm hoping it is!!!:lol:

I've tried AVG Free with our last computer and liked it very much! I only decided to try MSE with our new computer because the sales guy could not recommend it highly enough! I figured if it didn't work out, I could always go back to AVG!

Thanks for your reply!

Hi oberz

Thank you for the feedback, glad to hear it helped.

I was beginning to wonder if your firewall had adopted the settings, but probably it was either leftovers in the program folder or leftovers in document&settings that hadn't "noticed" the change in your settings - could also be setting in the registry that hadn't changed.

In services.msc in Run you can check the settings for MSE and select them to run automatically.

When installing a new version - even if it is done over the top - I recommend going through the settings again prior to running the program, to be sure that the settings are as you want them to be.

Cheers

solbjerg

Well, I've completely uninstalled and re-installed both Microsoft Security Essentials and Advanced SystemCare Pro v.5, and both seem to be working well with each other.

I've made sure that in ASC the boxes were unchecked for MS Antimalware in both the Quick Care and Deep Care Privacy Sweeps and all automatic services are OFF.

Thank you so much for all your help! I hope I won't have to see MSE go "potentially unproted" again! :wink:

• 8 months later...
I have to ask why both are needed since both profess to be pretty complete solutions?

Hi jjlad, welcome to IObit Forum! :grin:

ASC6 Pro does not include ANTIVIRUS, so if you want virus protection you should use both ASC6 and MSE.

On the other hand, ASC with Antivirus 2013, or ASC Ultimate (which uses the same license code) includes full fletched antivirus engine of BitDefender.

If you want to use any of the aformentioned ASC which have antivirus function, you should not use any other antivirus product such as MSE.

Another product of IObit, IObit Malware Fighter (IMF) is a very good anti-malware companion to any antivirus software including any ASC with antivirus.

Cheers.

Archived