IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

DelayLoad.exe

Xcom46

This EXE only seems too show up in windows 7 I am useing Xp again and its not in my Processes list.So way does it only show in windows 7 and not Xp.I don't know i don't get it.Unless its there for 7 and not Xp

When I saw that 'delayload.exe' was using memory and I did not know what it did,

I renamed it to 'delayload.old', which stopped it from loading and I have not seen any problems, in running ASC, after doing that.

I not sure what it does but evidently it is Not really needed with W-7.

It may have something to do with Auto-load at Bootup, but I never do any Auto-loads or scheduled Auto-runs,

I only run ASC manually.

• 2 months later...

When will it be fixed?

My computer does not auto load ASC or any program on start up unlike others who have had the same problem. But, just like all the others all of a sudden my computer starts hanging up and not opening programs like IE like it once did after start up. Once I finally got the process manager to come up I see the first running process listed is "delayload.exe".

I have ASC Version 5 with "delayload.exe" showing to be updated on March 12, 2012. One post I saw said that an update that was due to come out sometime in March 2012 would address the issue. It did but, not in a positive way for all of us.

Why is this exe file required as part of ASC?

How do I fix it>

Archived