IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Shortcut Fixer - [Solved]

grant.ben08

Hi grant.ben08,

Sorry for the inconvenience.:-(

Is your Advanced SystemCare the latest version 5.2.0?

If so, when Shortcut Fixer hangs up, please take a screenshot of the issue and send it to us so that we can look into it.

Guide for Taking Screen Shots:

http://graphicssoft.about.com/cs/general/ht/winscreenshot.htm

If not, please download V5.2.0 from http://majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=5927 and install it to see how it works.

Thanks for your help.

Hi grant.ben

Which folder does it stop by, please?

Cheers

solbjerg

When running shortcut fixer from the toolbox it never finishes. It always hangs up on the same folder. It has done this through a couple of updates and even through upgrading to the Pro edition. Does anybody have any suggestions?

• 8 months later...

Hi Savedbygrace and grant.ben

I have no problem with it.

The only thing I can think of is leftovers from previous version, so I would suggest a clean uninstall followed by a clean install (link to guide in my signature)

Cheers

solbjerg

I'm using the latest version of ASC 6 and I'm having this problem as well

Hi Savedbygrace and grant.ben

I have no problem with it.

The only thing I can think of is leftovers from previous version, so I would suggest a clean uninstall followed by a clean install (link to guide in my signature)

Cheers

solbjerg

I have the "pro" version from a free giveaway, if I do a clean uninstall followed by a clean install will I lose that?

Hi Savedbygrace

I tried the Toolbox Short cut fixer - by me it took 3 minutes and it found 4 items - two of those was from 2 links to my G: drive which was a reference to an usb-stick I had utilized earlier - the other 2 were from my documents.

I then tried the short cut fixer in the expert mode Care - only running that application - this took a few seconds and it found 2 items - the afore mentioned document links.

Therefore it looks like the application from the toolbox is checking for obsolete short cuts in a more thorough manner than the application in Care.

I would only use the one in the Toolbox if I had some problems with my shortcuts that the care version could not handle, I think.

p.s. I only checked my C:\ drive

Cheers

solbjerg

Actually, I rebooted my cpu and tried it again and it worked, but it still went extremely slow as if something wasn't quite right, but nevertheless, it worked so I'm good to go ;-)

Hi Savedbygrace

I tried the Toolbox Short cut fixer - by me it took 3 minutes and it found 4 items - two of those was from 2 links to my G: drive which was a reference to an usb-stick I had utilized earlier - the other 2 were from my documents.

I then tried the short cut fixer in the expert mode Care - only running that application - this took a few seconds and it found 2 items - the afore mentioned document links.

Therefore it looks like the application from the toolbox is checking for obsolete short cuts in a more thorough manner than the application in Care.

I would only use the one in the Toolbox if I had some problems with my shortcuts that the care version could not handle, I think.

p.s. I only checked my C:\ drive

Cheers

solbjerg

Yes, I noticed this as well. When I use it from the expert mode care it only takes a matter of seconds and it works perfectly fine, but when I use it from the toolbox it comes to a crawl, waaaay longer than 3 minutes for me and I only check the C: drive as well, and sometimes it will just get stuck and wont complete, but it worked the last time I used it so maybe it will continue to in the future.

Archived