IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

ASC 5 Pro and Avast Free Conflict

Mfinnie

ASC 5 Pro and Avast Free Conflict  

3 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I really like to use Advanced System Care, as it has tons of features that are great and convienient, but it may be having conflict with Avast, which is probably causing some of my PC performance issues.

When my family's PC had to be worked on last (We can't get a new PC yet, my parent's paid for my older Brother and Sister to get new college laptops), some guy at the computer repair shop installed a program called Avast Free Antivirus.

Avast has several "Real-Time Shields" which are on using CPU power, even if you uncheck to search the pc. The program constantly searches every area of the PC (even control panel), all new or edited files/programs/folders/ect for malware. It has only found 3 infected files in the past year. It drains CPU i suspect, and it is very un-usefull.

My ASC 5 Pro, on the other hand, is really effective and convient. Should i remove Avast Free? It doesn't help me, and i've heard multiple Anti-Virus/Malware Help Programs working at the same time cause performance issues.

Hi Mfinnie

There have been instances in the past where Avast saw some file in ASC as "dangerous" - probably the IObit file/cookie that checked your identity.

In your case - where you are not happy with Avast - I would choose to uninstall Avast and instead choose MSE (Microsoft Security Essentials) as your anti-virus program. (it is free)

If you do not want to uninstall Avast - you can alternatively configure Avast to "whitelist" the IObit programs.

Cheers

solbjerg

I really like to use Advanced System Care, as it has tons of features that are great and convienient, but it may be having conflict with Avast, which is probably causing some of my PC performance issues.

When my family's PC had to be worked on last (We can't get a new PC yet, my parent's paid for my older Brother and Sister to get new college laptops), some guy at the computer repair shop installed a program called Avast Free Antivirus.

Avast has several "Real-Time Shields" which are on using CPU power, even if you uncheck to search the pc. The program constantly searches every area of the PC (even control panel), all new or edited files/programs/folders/ect for malware. It has only found 3 infected files in the past year. It drains CPU i suspect, and it is very un-usefull.

My ASC 5 Pro, on the other hand, is really effective and convient. Should i remove Avast Free? It doesn't help me, and i've heard multiple Anti-Virus/Malware Help Programs working at the same time cause performance issues.

I have Avast 7 Internet Security and Advanced SystemCare 5.2 PRO and all is working well NO CONFLICT :lol:

No such problems as yours

Ditto here,I have ASC 5.2 Pro and Avast 7 Free running on a Windows 64bit platform and have had absolutely no problems.They work very well with each other.I also have Threatfire.Malwarebytes, and MSSE....no worries!Even on a Wireless Router (T-P Link)! :mrgreen:

-Cowboy

I have Avast 7 Internet Security and Advanced SystemCare 5.2 PRO and all is working well NO CONFLICT :lol:

No such problems as yours

yah i am using both.. ang its ok... the bad side of that ... got trojan and my microsoft security is updated same as avast.. yet when i am scanning misrosofy security my loppy hungs up..****.. i just force boot in ang restart... got infected by usb even got activated usb security... got trojan logs allowed.:mrgreen: cant find ways to fix it :lol: yet im using acer aspire win7 ultimate..

Funny that!

PuceroI have the Acer Aspire 5750G but with 8Megs of Ram running Windows 7 Home Premium and don't have anything happen like you have...maybe it's because I have more memory?....I run Pro Lasso as well which sets Process priorities.I really don't know what happened to you but what Firewall,Malware proggies, etc do you run? I have both WinPatrol and Threatfire as well as MSSE running real time as well...Anything else you can tell us? :?

The only suggestion I have at this point is to run Malwarebytes (free) in SAFE MODE.

-Cowboy

yah i am using both.. ang its ok... the bad side of that ... got trojan and my microsoft security is updated same as avast.. yet when i am scanning misrosofy security my loppy hungs up..****.. i just force boot in ang restart... got infected by usb even got activated usb security... got trojan logs allowed.:mrgreen: cant find ways to fix it :lol: yet im using acer aspire win7 ultimate..

Hi PUSERO, welcome to IObit Forum!

It seems that you are using more than 1 main AV software which is not advisable by security experts, though we shouldn't count using spyware together with a main AV program.

If you are suspicious that you have malware/virus in your system, I would suggest you to open a thread in Spyware-Malware Removal Help! section following the procedure in Guidelines for requesting malware removal assistance thread and wait for a malware fighter member to respond.

FYI, other members can not reply in that section.

BTW, current Advanced SystemCare 5 is neither an Anti-Virus nor a spyware program but IObit Malware Fighter (IMF) is a good spyware program complementing AV software, and have USB protection in PRO version.

Cheers.

Archived