IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

ASC PRO 6 vs ASC with Anti Virus

sxr

Hi,

I'm weighing up getting ASC PRO 6 or ASC with Anti Virus.

Is there a comparison table available as I hear one will unistall the other, so can't have BOTH!

If not, which is preferable given I want the best all round system & still have acess to a decent Anti Virus programme?

Thanks!

ASC Ultimate!

Hi sxr, welcome to IObit Forum! :grin:

ASC6 PRO is the new version of ASC5 PRO.

ASC with Antivirus 2013 is ASC5 with Bitdefender antivirus engine combined with it.

I certainly believe it is a decent Antivirus program. October rankings shows that BitDefender is #1 (AvastWEBforum).

ASC Ultimate is the new version of ASC with Antivirus 2013, ASC6 together with BitDefender's decent antivirus engine.

ASC Ultimate is available as Beta at the moment with full functions, of which the Final will be released very soon.

You can install and use only ONE (1) ASC (be it ASC6 or ASC with antivirus 2013) at a time.

There is a compatibility mode of ASC with Antivirus 2013 (or ASC Ultimate) where you can use other Antivirus programs. Real-time protection of ASC with Antivirus (or ASC Ultimate) will not work but you can Scan and Quarantine (or Delete). In Normal mode, you have to use only ASC with Antivirus 2013 (or ASC Ultimate).

There is a price difference in ASC 6 PRO and ASC with Antivirus 2013, but if you have a license for ASC with Antivirus 2013, it will be valid for ASC Ultimate.

If you have a license of ASC5 or ASC6, the price you have to pay for upgrading to ASC with Antivirus 2013 (or ASC Ultimate) is less than the price difference if you buy them seperately.

Suggestion? I would go directly to ASC Ultimate and won't use another antivirus software. On top of that, IObit Malware Fighter (IMF) Pro, the anti-malware-spyware companion to antivirus softwares from IObit would be my choice.

But I am not you. :lol::lol::mrgreen:

Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...

Confusing product mix

I have a license for ASC5.

At the present time I an using ASC5 w/AV free + MF free.

What is the best protection for the price: ASC6U(includes BitDdefender) + MF or ASE(ASC6+MF) + an external AV (for example MS security essentials)?

And can I really use my ASC5 license as an upgrade path toward the purchase price of either ?

BTW, I still use XP on an 8 year old computer (1300 Mhz w/1G RAM). Cost is always an issue.

Hi neutrino,

Since the cost is an issue for you, the cheapest way is to use :

1 ) ASC6 (you have a license for ASC5 and it will work for ASC6 if it is not a giveaway)

2 ) IMF Free (Pro preferable).

3 ) MS Security Essentials. (Free)

So, the only cost will be to upgrade IMF Free to IMF Pro.

Cheers.

"ASC6 (you have a license for ASC5 and it will work for ASC6 if it is not a giveaway)

2 ) IMF Free (Pro preferable)."

Thank you. Two more questions, if I might. IIUC, ASE is ASC6 +IMF PRO. Can I use my ASC5 license to upgrade to ASE?

Also, My current ASC5 license expires in two months. When would the renewal charge kick in if I use my old ASC5 license to upgrade?

Can I use my ASC5 license to upgrade to ASE?

Please ask this question to Cicely by PM (Private Message) or send an e-mail to Cicely at support@iobit.com .

Also, My current ASC5 license expires in two months. When would the renewal charge kick in if I use my old ASC5 license to upgrade?

Renewal charge will kick in one year after upgrade. Two months will be added if you use your old ASC5 license to upgrade.

AGAIN, please ask Cicely giving all the possible details of the question, as I may have misunderstood you.

Cheers.

Archived