IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Smart Defrag 2 Pro same as Smart Defrag v2.8?

smak118

I own Advanced SystemCare 6 PRO and few days later, I got an email to upgrade Smart Defrag to PRO version which I did.

Few weeks ago, the SD2 Pro program crashed and the program seemed to have been removed by the system. Anyway, all I have on my system now is Smart Defrag v2.8. Is SD2 Pro been replaced by v2.8, correct?

Hi smak118, welcome to IObit Forum! :-D

Smart Defrag Pro and Smart Defrag v2.8 are not the same, pro has couple of more options such as defragmenting fragmented registry in the boot time and another defragmentation algorithm as fast smart defrag.

The latest Smart Defrag v2 is Smart Defrag 2.9 of today and downloadable from the link in Smart Defrag 2.9 (2.9.0.1225) is released! thread.

You can also download Smart Defrag Pro from the link in Smart Defrag Pro (2.8.0.1213) is also released through ASC's internal update! thread.

In your case, an update by ASC Pro may have installed the Free Smart Defrag by mistake.

I think IObit should look at that glitch, as I have experienced similar on one of the laptops I have dealt with.

Cheers.

Hi smak118 and enoskype,

smak118, what enoskype told you is correct. Please take the steps as he described to install Smart Defrag Pro.

@ enoskype, For the issue " an update by ASC Pro may have installed the Free Smart Defrag by mistake.", users can only download Smart defrag free though ASC. They can get the link to download Smart Defrag Pro after they purchased SD Pro.

Thanks enoskype's timely reply.

Hi Cicely, thank you.

I wanted to point out that the users of Smart Defrag Pro (who has the license for Pro version (2.8.0.1213)), should be aware that when they update the Smart Defrag (2.8.1) through ASC (Or, 2.9 from Smart Defrag 2.9 (2.9.0.1225) is released! thread), they get the free version, so they have to install Smart Defrag Pro again if they want to continue with the Pro.

Infact, ASC shouldn't update Free Smart Defrag automatically on top of Pro version of Smart Defrag. It should warn the users for the change.

Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi enoskype and smak118,

Thanks for your continual reply.

@ enoskype, Smart Defrag Pro users will not receive the update notification for SD 2.8.1 or SD2.9 to avoid the issue that you mentioned. The Pro users will receive the special update according to users feedbacks not as the free ones.

Thanks for supporting IObit.:grin:

Archived