IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Do I need to keep both programs?

I am a retired computer network engineer, used to maintaining large systems and will post an evaluation of this new Beta in a couple of days. So far in the main I like what I see, but have a quick question. Does the new Advanced System Care with Antivirus cover all the computers needs? Or should I keep I0 Bit Malware Fighter on my computer as well?

I am a retired computer network engineer, used to maintaining large systems and will post an evaluation of this new Beta in a couple of days. So far in the main I like what I see, but have a quick question. Does the new Advanced System Care with Antivirus cover all the computers needs? Or should I keep I0 Bit Malware Fighter on my computer as well?

IObit said that Advanced SystemCare with Antivirus 2012 uses "Award winning" Bitdefender's engine and IObit Malware fighter engine so i would say you don't need IMF if you have ASC with antivirus :lol:

Is Malware Fighter engine included???

Iobit could do with being clearer.

At present they have Advanced SystemCare (which apparently cleans malware itself) yet they still try to sell you Malware Fighter as a separate license. Now they are adding ASC with Anti-Virus and still no clarity as to why we need a separate Malware Fighter.

This is all getting rather bitty, may be that why they're called iobit? Which bits and in and which bits are out or are you supposed to guess??? :oops::oops::oops:

IMHO, IMF engine existed even in plain ASC for the malware scan/removal. IMF was/is using a Database file updated 2 times a week which was/is not the same as used by ASC with IObit's Cloud technology.

Engine defines the used algorithm in a way, but not the content and scope.

So, I personally use both ASC w/AV and IMF PRO together.

Cheers.

Do we need a separate Malware Fighter???

I appreciate the response, although it does rather confirm the concern people have raised. The user expects any malware or anti-virus tool for that matter, to be fully up to date i.e. for it to do what it does.

Users don't expect to have to require to delve into a comparison of the carefully worded 'content and scope' of separate versions. At the end of the day the users trust Iobit and buy their product because they want to avoid hassle with malware and viruses.

To be fair, this is the exact goodwill that Iobit trades on. If it were not so then Iobit would happily state across the front of their utilities, this utility may be days out of date and it's scope won't stop A, B or C in any case - but we will sell you a separate license to cover those. :shock:

I think where all this is going, is that users want a single well integrated utility for which they buy one license and it does the job. This is what all of the big name anti-virus firms have done.

If a user specifically does NOT need all the features (i.e. tuning, anti-virus, anti-malware etc.) included then they should be able to switch those 'off' or better still not install them in the first place. That way the product can be really comprehensive, without the need for it to become unduly bloated.

The user can install and leave it to do the job they bought it for.

Hi ffireblade

To my knowledge the program is still in beta testing release?

I also voted for separate program i.e. IObit antivirus as one program and then the others, but apparently most people want an all-in-one solution.

Cheers

solbjerg

I appreciate the response, although it does rather confirm the concern people have raised. The user expects any malware or anti-virus tool for that matter, to be fully up to date i.e. for it to do what it does.

Users don't expect to have to require to delve into a comparison of the carefully worded 'content and scope' of separate versions. At the end of the day the users trust Iobit and buy their product because they want to avoid hassle with malware and viruses.

To be fair, this is the exact goodwill that Iobit trades on. If it were not so then Iobit would happily state across the front of their utilities, this utility may be days out of date and it's scope won't stop A, B or C in any case - but we will sell you a separate license to cover those. :shock:

I think where all this is going, is that users want a single well integrated utility for which they buy one license and it does the job. This is what all of the big name anti-virus firms have done.

If a user specifically does NOT need all the features (i.e. tuning, anti-virus, anti-malware etc.) included then they should be able to switch those 'off' or better still not install them in the first place. That way the product can be really comprehensive, without the need for it to become unduly bloated.

The user can install and leave it to do the job they bought it for.

I also voted for the stand alone A/V for several reasons including marketing. I believe it is not possible for one producer to provide solutions for everyone everywhere... none ever has. The all-in-one will allways have weakness, no matter how good it is. Just look at world history!

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

Two seperate programs

Okay I understand all that has been posted here. also that Advanced SystemCare with Antivirus is a Beta, but that does not mean that I0 bit, cannot make a simple statement as to whether Advanced SystemCare with Antivirus does or does not need Malware Fighter Pro working alongside it for total protection.

Instead they say remove all other Antivirus programs, but are very cagey about stating whether Malware Fighter Pro constitutes an Antivirus program as far as Advanced SystemCare is concerned.

This is important because if I use Advanced SystemCare with Antivirus along side Malware fighter Pro, how do I or they Know which program is actually doing the Job. That is unless they want me to set both programs to manual and check one against another.

Come on I0 Bit if you want us to run a Beta lets have some clear instructions here!

Instead they say remove all other Antivirus programs, but are very cagey about stating whether Malware Fighter Pro constitutes an Antivirus program as far as Advanced SystemCare is concerned.

Hi Aevar 239,

Someone from IObit should respond to your first request, but concerning your above quote, IObit has many times stated, suggested, advised that IMF PRO is not an antivirus program and it should be used accompanying an Antivirus program.

As far as Advanced SystemCare is concerned IMF PRO does not constitute an Antivirus program.

Cheers.

Come on I0 Bit if you want us to run a Beta lets have some clear instructions here!

I agree, but that has always been a problem, with most security programs.

In most cases, developers just make blanket statements, to avoid possible conflects and problems.

It's also difficult to even get accurate lists if what types they are blocking.

Since most security programs do Not block all types of malware,

I still feel that two programs, running at the same time, is a safe way to operate.

If some malware program will Not allow that, then I do Not use it.

Since there are so Many types of malware, one program usually can Not block everything, all the time.

Of course, if the program is not Updated regularly ( about weekly) also, then it is Useless.

Hi

The terminology concerning virus and malware is a bit of a muddle.

IObit Malware Fighter and fx. Antimalwarebytes are NOT anti-virus programs.

Some antivirus programs protects against a broad range of other malware too, at the same time as it protects against viruses.

If the term virus should be used as we do medically it should only be those malware that send out the infection to the rest of the computer or network or by mail (spreading the infection) that should be called viruses, but I feel that many of the more dangerous malware should be in the virus category too. Certainly antivirus programs should protect against the other forms of dangerous malware too.

All antivirus programs advocates that only 1 antivirus program should be run at the same time.

Cheers

solbjerg

Here's a list of some of the more common Malware types:

Viruses

Trojans

Rootkit

phishing

Worms

botnets

hijackers

key-loggers

spyware

Bootkit

I've found it takes at least 2 security prgrams, since none of them seem to block all of those types of malware, all the time.

I still have not read anywhere as to how many of those are covered by IObit's new version ???

I will need to know that and how often each of those will be definition-updated, before I install it on any of our systems.

Okay I understand all that has been posted here. also that Advanced SystemCare with Antivirus is a Beta, but that does not mean that I0 bit, cannot make a simple statement as to whether Advanced SystemCare with Antivirus does or does not need Malware Fighter Pro working alongside it for total protection.

This is important because if I use Advanced SystemCare with Antivirus along side Malware fighter Pro, how do I or they Know which program is actually doing the Job. That is unless they want me to set both programs to manual and check one against another.

Hi Aevar,

Sorry for my late reply.

Actually, enoskype explained very clearly in post4 in this thread.

Advanced SystemCare with Antivirus uses IObit Malware Fighter Engine, but the content and the scope covered by the two programs' database are different. IObit Malware Fighter is still a complement of Anti-virus programs. So it also works for Advanced SystemCare with Antivirus.

• 5 years later...

Archived