IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

How do I get rid of Performance Rating icon on desktop?

When I turn on the computer, this icon is on the desktop (see attached image).

It gives the performance rating of the computer.

This is unnecessary and distracting. If I want that information, I know where to find it. But I don't see anywhere in the Settings a way to disable that icon from appearing.

QUESTION: How do I stop that icon from appearing?

Aside from this annoyance, I am quite pleased with ASC+AV.

Hi Bruce

It seems that you have the Server 2008 as OS

I would go into the settings (Menu line - More/ Settings) and choose not to activate the Performance rating (under general settings) then I would either restart the computer or right click the performance icon and choose Exit.

Cheers

solbjerg

When I turn on the computer, this icon is on the desktop (see attached image).

It gives the performance rating of the computer.

This is unnecessary and distracting. If I want that information, I know where to find it. But I don't see anywhere in the Settings a way to disable that icon from appearing.

QUESTION: How do I stop that icon from appearing?

Aside from this annoyance, I am quite pleased with ASC+AV.

Hello Bruce... welcome to the Iobit forums!

OS + Computer Details:OS: Windows Server 2008 R2

Security software:

- Iobit ASC+AV Pro 2013

- Windows firewall

- WinPatrol 2012

In your limited information I suspect an improbability. Can you please elaborate... please include the softwares as well??

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

There is an option for activating or disabling Performance Monitor in the Settings-->>General Settings.

1) Enoskype, You gave the most helpful answer. That's exactly the setting to change. Thank-you!

2) However, before I changed the setting, I also noticed that, now that my performance rating is an "A," it seems like that icon stays on the screen for less than a minute, and then disappears by itself. I could live with that.

When it was a "B," it seemed to be much more persistent. That was annoying.

Hi Bruce Fraser!

1) Enoskype, You gave the most helpful answer. That's exactly the setting to change. Thank-you!

2) However, before I changed the setting, I also noticed that, now that my performance rating is an "A," it seems like that icon stays on the screen for less than a minute, and then disappears by itself. I could live with that.

When it was a "B," it seemed to be much more persistent. That was annoying.

I find the performance monitor to be completely superflous and irrelevant, suggesting unnecessary operations, and encouraging potentially harmful behaviors (obsessive cleaning of things... we have all been in somebodys house that was obsessive in that way, and felt quite uncomfortable)(not to mention annoyed). This is only my opinion of course!:wink:

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

Archived