IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Registry Fix question

dumbasarock

I conducted a registry fix and had several items show up as needing to be corrected. However the information along with these items says the following:

The following registry entries are invalid or unneeded. Tip: Damage Level indicates the possible harm done to your computer when you delete the registry keys ticked. Please check these items ranked as High before deleting them.

Several of the items listed were also ranked with a damage level of high. So I am told to check these items before deleting them.

1. How do I check them?

2. What am I looking for when I check them?

3. How can I tell if they will do harm to my computer if I check them?

Welcome

Welcome to the forum :smile:

Tip: Damage Level indicates the possible harm done to your computer when you delete the registry keys ticked. Please check these items ranked as High before deleting them.

If the box to the left of the item is Ticked the item will be deleted, a High Risk item should not be deleted unless you know it is safe to delete it.

If you don't know it is safe to delete you should un-tick the item.

To find out if it is safe to delete an item I can only suggest you search the web to find out what it realates to.

Check can be ambiguous because the box to the left of the item is known as both a Tick Box (as I call it) and is also known as a Check Box.

In this case Check means "Examine so as to determine accuracy, quality, or condition" and "Be careful or certain to do something; make certain of something"

All the best, woz of oz

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Ag3nt Anthrax,

Please clean install Advanced SystemCare.

Guide for clean install:

1) Close and exit your current version. Check the icon in system tray, right click it and choose "Exit".

2) Uninstall ASC. (Start>Programs>Advanced SystemCare5>Uninstall Advanced SystemCare)

3) Delete all Advanced SystemCare5 installation files and directories

Usual path: C:\Program Files\IObit\Advanced SystemCare 5

%appdata%\IObit\Advanced SystemCare v5

4) Please install ASC again and validate it.

If it still doesn't work, please feel free to contact us.:smile:

Archived