X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advanced System Care

I think this should been make early it doesn't make any sence to be called Advanced SystemCare it's grammar incorect it should be Advanced System Care with (space). Maybe someone will say that i'm grammar nazi. But i'm not i just wanted to point this out. ;)

Iobit invented a new Word 'systemcare',
    to make their software title different than other software titles, that are similar.
    'All's Fair in Love, War and Software-developement' :lol:

It was probably some Lawyer's idea.
    Last edited by Toppack; Apr. 23rd, 2012, 21:36.

Comment

Well, it was Advanced WindowsCare for a while and if I remember correctly, MS wanted Windows word not to be used in the name, and IObit asked it to users and Advanced SystemCare is chosen.

Two words used together without a space in between is to resemble the old software, I believe. :roll:

I really think that there is no input of a lawyer in the preference of the name Toppack.

If you have patience, you can search the threads/posts about the story in the archives of IObit Forum. :lol:

Cheers.
      enoskype

- Beauty lies in the eye of the beholder and belongs to the man who can appreciate it. -

Comment

Originally posted by enoskype View Post
        I really think that there is no input of a lawyer in the preference of the name Toppack.
        It just seemed like something Lawyers would Do. :-D

Comment

It is a product name not a spelling bee (check)!! :mrgreen:

Perhaps Coke should have been called cocaine cola???

Sincerely,
          -Mel
          Live long and prosper!

Comment

I don't have problem with name but with the space between "SystemCare" it should "System Care" because it doesn't make sence to be stick together :F

Comment

Hi 808caranus808,

IObit knows that grammatically space in bettween them would have been correct, but I believe it is done to attract the attention (like yourself) :lol: and spare it from the rest of the softwares using similar names.

Cheers.
              enoskype

- Beauty lies in the eye of the beholder and belongs to the man who can appreciate it. -

Comment

Hi enoskype
                Additionally if one see it as a name the spelling rules doesn't apply.
                Camel script (CamelScript) is widely used on the internet.
                Cheers
                solbjerg
                p.s. sneglefart (literally SnailSpeed) in Danish means snail's pace - the Danish language have a lot of words that are written as one word where it in correct English is written in two words. One can to some extent see the same difference between British English and American English.

Originally posted by enoskype View Post
                Hi 808caranus808,

IObit knows that grammatically space in bettween them would have been correct, but I believe it is done to attract the attention (like yourself) :lol: and spare it from the rest of the softwares using similar names.

Cheers.
                太阳山 (solbjerg)
                Ceterum censeo Usage of IObit Products esse legendum
                (Furthermore I think that Usage of IObit Products must be read)
                Itemized subjects Table of content
                In relation to defragmentation Think about defragmentation
                Clean Install concept Clean Install
                Introduction to the Forum Forum Guidelines

Comment

Working...
                X