IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Nag screen

john3347

I have ASC 3.7 on some and 3.8 on other computers (free versions in all instances). I receive a nag screen at every system reboot nagging me to update (which actually means to upgrade to ASC - first was 4 - and is now to version 5. I don't want version 4 or version 5, I want version 3, and I don't want to have to close both the reminder and the confirmation every time I boot my computers. I do not want version 5. I want to know how to disable the nagging reminder. Please help me, I am ready to totally uninstall ASC if I cannot get rid of the nag screen that has been nagging me for a year or two now. Thank you in advance.

Update

I have ASC 3.7 on some and 3.8 on other computers (free versions in all instances). I receive a nag screen at every system reboot nagging me to update (which actually means to upgrade to ASC - first was 4 - and is now to version 5.....

There has always been a free version of Advanced SystemCare, you are not being forced to upgrade to the Pro version.

....I don't want version 4 or version 5, I want version 3, and I don't want to have to close both the reminder and the confirmation every time I boot my computers. I do not want version 5. I want to know how to disable the nagging reminder. Please help me, I am ready to totally uninstall ASC if I cannot get rid of the nag screen that has been nagging me for a year or two now. Thank you in advance.

Software updates contain bug fixes and improvements, every software company will always want you to update so you are using the best version of their software.

IMHO, what you are seeing is not a nag screen, it is a reminder that there is a newer and better version of the software available.

I don't know why you would prefer to use version 3 instead of version 5 but I can only advise you to update

All the best, woz of oz

Nag Screen

I realize that I am being argumentative by dragging this issue another step, but when I am forced to view an unwanted "reminder" and close it , then forced to close an "are you sure" nag, it positively is a nag screen. I KNOW I am using an older, but stable version that does more than I need done and the newer versions only add more un-needed (by me) functions and the typical instability and confusion that adding more unused features universally introduces with a software application revision.

I sampled version 4 and it was a significant piece of junk but I was able to still download version 3.8 at that time. That was what I did. Now version 5 is available and although it seems to be more stable and easier to use than version 4, I find it has nothing for me that version 3 doesn't do and do better. The solution to my issue is to get rid of the infuriating nag screens (both of them) that appear every time I have to reboot a computer. I KNOW there is a later version available and I don't need frequent reminders. I have also downloaded installed the newer version (both V-4.x and V-5.x) and version 3 does more for me and does it better.

Is there any way to disable the nag screen or should I just delete Advanced System Care from all of my computers?

Hi john3347,

I understand you are still using the version 3.7 or 3.8 which are really outdated and you will hardly find any help in the Forum about those versions.

You have already said that you don't want to use ASC 4 or ASC5, but you have not mentioned ASC6 which is in it's last stage before release version and extremely stable and available for downloading from the link at Advanced SystemCare 6 Beta 2.0 is released. thread.

ASC 6 has much more to offer than ASC 3.8 and I strongly advice to try that version before you decide to uninstall those old versions.

We are ready here to help on any ununderstandable part of the new program.

Make a note that, when installing ASC6 Beta 2.0, it may ask you to uninstall older versions.

Anyway, you can re-install v. 3.8 if you don't want to continue with ASC6.

I sincerely hope you stay with ASC and keep coming back to IObit Forum.

I wish I could help you with the screens you want to get rid off, but unfortunately I don't have v.3 in any of the PCs/notebooks that I am looking after.

All the best and cheers.

Hi john3347.

[EDIT] by Mel: Nevermind this post... it would appear you can only alter this setting if you have a PRO license... otherwise it is set to check for updates when the program starts by default.... oh well I tried!:-) I guess you get what you pay for.:shock:

I have downloaded version 3.8 to offer assistance.:-)

Please go to the "other" button at the top right of the ASC GUI and then "settings".

Go to the "update" section of your settings.

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=10403&d=1347115496

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

It is interesting that I don't get the "Nag" screen as described. I get nothing from ASC 3.8 at boot and this is what I get when I manually start version 3.8:

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=10404&d=1347116761

I have version 5 installed as well... I wonder if its mere presence on my machine eliminates the prompt to upgrade to the newer version??? I am not prepared to remove version 5 to test this theory. Perhaps john3347 if you download and install version 5 (even if you don't use it) this will eliminate the screen? If you don't mind the presence of two versions of ASC on your machine... you could try to install version 5 with no desktop shortcuts and see if its existance eliminates the pop-up??

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

Archived