IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Drv Booster 4 Pro - driver in general - WHY WHY WHY just do not get it.

RSandberg

So have had Drv Booster 3 Pro for some time now, Was updated just a month ago. Get an update alter to the new 4 version and database and it says I have 29 + drivers out of date. how can this BE?? I just updated the Bios 3 weeks ago. With that anything new that was on the Asus website for my motherboard. Are you saying Asus does not maintain their website. They did for the Bios? Sound was updated, network driver was. So is my machine seeing older drivers and loading them back on restart at some time after I did a driver booster update? Is that possible? I feel I am on top of this 110% of the time, but your software seems to always find 10+ driver out of date. I think this is not doing the job I paid for. Please can someone explain this.

So have had Drv Booster 3 Pro for some time now, Was updated just a month ago. Get an update alter to the new 4 version and database and it says I have 29 + drivers out of date. how can this BE?? I just updated the Bios 3 weeks ago. With that anything new that was on the Asus website for my motherboard. Are you saying Asus does not maintain their website. They did for the Bios? Sound was updated, network driver was. So is my machine seeing older drivers and loading them back on restart at some time after I did a driver booster update? Is that possible? I feel I am on top of this 110% of the time, but your software seems to always find 10+ driver out of date. I think this is not doing the job I paid for. Please can someone explain this.

Hi Rsandberg,

Welcome to join IObit forum.

You may note that driver updates can be provided by a few hardware manufacturers. Rest assured that all our updates are from the legal source.

Even though the updates are from official recourse and tested before being added into our database, they cannot be guaranteed to be error-free. It's up to you to update them or not. But if anything wrong happens, just let us know and we'll fix it for you shortly.

Have a nice day.

Thanks for the responds Cicely. But that does not answer my real question. To ask my question again is a different way.

Is there a possibility that my machine is reverting back to old drivers at some time? (after an update of Win 10)

or

Are old drivers deleted for good after DRV BOOSTER 3 or 4 updates them?

I just can not understand that if I updated driver 1 year ago, then again 6 months ago and few more drivers needed an update and then again 56 more drivers needed an update just as DRV BOOSTER 4 came out, that is way too much driver updating. Somehow old drivers are getting back into the OS load after they have been updated before. Does that make sense?

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks for the responds Cicely. But that does not answer my real question. To ask my question again is a different way.

Is there a possibility that my machine is reverting back to old drivers at some time? (after an update of Win 10)

or

Are old drivers deleted for good after DRV BOOSTER 3 or 4 updates them?

I just can not understand that if I updated driver 1 year ago, then again 6 months ago and few more drivers needed an update and then again 56 more drivers needed an update just as DRV BOOSTER 4 came out, that is way too much driver updating. Somehow old drivers are getting back into the OS load after they have been updated before. Does that make sense?

Really sorry for the late reply.

You may know that it's possible for your computer revert back to the old driver after window 10 update, because the windows update will reinstall the general drivers.

Since you have performed windows update, it's quite normal for Driver Booster found more driver updates. Plus, you may please note that we are not driver manufacturers and the drivers we provide come from hardware manufacturers, our updates depend on theirs.

Thanks for your understanding.

• 2 months later...

THis program always messes up my computers. My home PC always gets the wrong network drivers and I just did my laptop and it gave me newer drivers that Intel had and messed up my display on my monitors. I had to go to intel's website to get the correct video drivers and redo everything. Very unreliable program and if you want correct drivers on your computer then use the manufacturers update tools and not spam embedded programs like this that can corrupt your machines. I paid for this app and I uninstalled it and will never use it again

• 3 weeks later...
THis program always messes up my computers. My home PC always gets the wrong network drivers and I just did my laptop and it gave me newer drivers that Intel had and messed up my display on my monitors. I had to go to intel's website to get the correct video drivers and redo everything. Very unreliable program and if you want correct drivers on your computer then use the manufacturers update tools and not spam embedded programs like this that can corrupt your machines. I paid for this app and I uninstalled it and will never use it again

Hi Telex,

Kindly please note IObit is always committed to offer better performance for user's computer. It's true sometimes problems happens with Driver Booster, but you should know that it is impossible for our testing team to test every single driver update in every single PC situation because driver updates quantity is colossal and PC situations are various, and even though the updates are from official recourse and tested before being added into our database, they cannot be guaranteed to be error-free.

And if anything wrong happens, just let us know and we'll fix it for you shortly.

Archived