IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Windows 10 BSOD

Just got a new system and wanted to update all my drivers. ASCMedia was one. The files downloaded and upon install and reboot my system froze and nothing would bring it back to life. Had to do a clean install. Should I just let Windows update my drivers and leave the old ones alone. I am afraid to try Driver Booster again.

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry to hear that. As of now I am using the driver booster V4 and I got no problems. May I ask your operating system that you are using? are you using windows 10? It might be there is some compatibility issues regarding about the old version about the windows 10 anniversary update. vbsmile.png

• 2 months later...
  • 3 years later...

On Windows 10, a Blue Screen of Death (BSoD) — also known as "blue screen," "stop error," or "system crash" — will always happen after a critical error occurs, which the system is not able to handle and resolve automatically.

When upgrading to a new version of Windows 10, you may see blue screen errors, which can happen for many reasons. It could be a result of a compatibility problem with an old program or security software. Or it could be because of corrupted files in the current installation or damaged installation media — to name a few.

Usually, when an error occurs, the setup will revert the changes to the previous installation without reason.

In the case that you are dealing with errors during the installation of Windows 10, uninstalling non-essential apps, clearing out corrupt downloads, disconnecting non-essential peripherals, or even performing a clean install of the OS may resolve the issue.

Uninstall incompatible app

To uninstall an app that may be conflicting with the installation of windows 10, use these steps:

Open Settings.

Click on Apps.

Click on Apps & features.

Select the app that may be causing issues and click the Uninstall button.

Click the Uninstall button again.

Redownload installation files

Sometimes, if you're using Windows Update to upgrade the system, you may see a Blue Screen of Death when one or multiple installation files have been damaged during the download process. In this case, you can use the Settings app to clear the previous files allowing Windows Update to redownload the files.

To allow Windows Update to redownload the upgrade files, use these steps:

Open Settings.

Click on System.

Click on Storage.

Under the local disk section, click the Temporary files item.

Clear the preselected options.

Check the Temporary Windows installation files option.

Click the Remove files button.

After you complete the steps, open the Windows Update settings and try to upgrade one more time.

I hope this will be helpful to resolve your issue!

Lewis Bert