IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Uninstalled because of annoying recent pop ups..

Larke

Liked this program just fine until you force fed my PC with pop-up ads for your products on sale. Not even browser related. Just pop-ups like a Windows notification :x . Pop-ups that occurred even when the program WAS NOT active. I still have iObit Uninstaller installed and will uninstall that immediately if the pop-ups you are force feeding my PC still happen.

Completely unacceptable and I feel so strongly against this that I thought you should know!

Liked this program just fine until you force fed my PC with pop-up ads for your products on sale. Not even browser related. Just pop-ups like a Windows notification :x . Pop-ups that occurred even when the program WAS NOT active. I still have iObit Uninstaller installed and will uninstall that immediately if the pop-ups you are force feeding my PC still happen.

Completely unacceptable and I feel so strongly against this that I thought you should know!

Hi Larke,

Welcome to join us at the Forum.

Sorry for the being disturbed by the Christmas ads. We are collecting all users' feedback and will forward the feedback and complaint to our Marketing team and ask them to take some improvements.

Thanks for this valuable feedback.

Happy New Year!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 1 month later...

Yeah, come on!  I've been using this software for years, it started with one product and morphed into many.  Why do you have a pop up REMOVER and give us unwanted popups that interrupt EVERYTHING even when your software isn't running?  I do not need to be interrupted for advertisements.  If I cannot easily fix this I will be uninstalling this software.  I do not need adware from my adware remover.  Ridiculous.

• 1 month later...

Just uninstalled Driver Booster for the same reason: I had a popup advertising your VPN and alerting me that my IP was exposed (which is a bit funny, because I was already connected through a VPN). Everybody hates popups, you are doing a disservice to your brand by using such poor UI practice. It makes your software look bad and suspicious. Just to let you know. Goodbye!

Edited by Noisy Bird

• 4 months later...

I agree totally in fact I have been considering finding another program but I like IOBIT.  I have been a user for many years - I think since 2013 or before.  Please do something about the pop ups!!!!  Second, I got the ultimate program and have learned that it is not the ultimate.  I guess that my definition of Ultimate is different from yours.   I find that to do everything I need a new program to do all.  Also I'm not sure of the difference with Ultimate and Pro and cannot seem to get a strait answer.  Can anyone help?  I like the program and want to keep it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Uninstalled all iobit programs and guess what... Still getting the pop up ads, even without iobit installed. Now I have to dig through help forums and my file structure to try and get rid of the malware that iobit has become.

Would be better to have users opt-in to ads if they want them. They should not have to opt-out of the pop up ads.  You may want to include an opt-out of ads for the ones that purchase pro versions of the software. The ones who have the free version would have to have the ads but they should be done the right way.

9 minutes ago, Redsfan said:

Would be better to have users opt-in to ads if they want them. They should not have to opt-out of the pop up ads.  You may want to include an opt-out of ads for the ones that purchase pro versions of the software. The ones who have the free version would have to have the ads but they should be done the right way.

I think you meant...Opt-In...."for the ones that purchase pro versions of the software."

• 1 year later...