IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Send Your Feedback for Driver Booster

itobe

Driver Booster V1.4 is Available.

Helps users update their computer drivers to the latest.

Driver Booster is a brand new driver updating tool. It protects your PC from hardware failures, conflicts, and resolves system crash problems caused by outdated drivers. All old drivers can be detected by simply clicking on the “Scan” button, and then you just need to click “Update All” button to refresh these outdated drivers. Compared with other driver updating tools, IObit Driver Booster can improve your PC performance for gaming as well.

1. Send your Feedback

- E-mail us your suggestions or comments directly: support10@iobit.com

- Join discussion on our forums.

When you report a bug, please provide us with the following information too to get quick response from IObit.

1). Download the tool from http://www.cd4o.com/drivers/debug/InfoHelper.exe

Then double click to run this tool and click “Save report to Desktop”. So you will get zipped file DriverBooster_Log_Files.zip on your desktop. Please send us the zip file.

2). Send us the screenshots of the error message, scan result or any information to help specify the problem.

Guide for Taking Screen Shots: http://graphicssoft.about.com/cs/general/ht/winscreenshot.htm

2. Share Driver Booster with your families, friends, and colleagues

- Share on Facebook

- Share on Twitter

- Share on Google+

3. Download Now

Download from MajorGeeks

What's New in V 1.4:

+ Expanded the Database to Support More Devices

+ Brand New Database with Driver Installation Size Reduced

+ Support Windows XP Permanently with Latest Drivers Installed to Minimize Security Risks

+ Optimized Driver Installation Engine to Fix the Package Extrication Failure Problem

+ Enhanced the Success Rate of Driver Installation

+ Added the Automatically Detect Proxy Feature

+ Minor GUI Improvements

+ Fixed Minor Bugs

+ Added Language for Slovak

4. Screenshots

Please download the attachments for details.

5. Features

* Automatic Detection of Outdated Drivers

* Silently install drivers in background

* Specialized Driver Tweaking for Top Gaming Performance

* Simple and Easy to Understand Interface

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beta Tester

Running 3 desktops with different versions of Windows is tiresome at best when drivers that work with hardware configuration are required. Trying to find the right driver for each is a real mission. Aside from the ubiquitous Driver Update PAY software that really does not work too well, finding drivers is a mission, sometimes of futility.

Should your DriverBooster work as advertised, then I am willing to buy it, but only after thorough testing.

I have been a beta tester for Mozilla since 1990 and numerous other applications for the past 30+ years.

Hi everbody,

Although IObit is going to make this program shareware, which means it should be near perfect, I would like to bring some points to the attention before the program is released that users should consider. (not meaning testers.)

- Update the found drivers one by one, so if any problem occurs, it will be much easier to remedy the glitch, otherwise, the solution is to return to the previous drivers one by one to find out the problematic one.

- It is not true that always the new driver will be better for everybody (every PC configuration). This is specially true for laptops.

- Specially to be careful, if the suggested driver by the concerned web page is a different make.

- The CPU usage of the drivers should be watched too.

I have made the mistake of updating about 19 drivers in Win 7 at once. All the drivers were the latest, perfect, but well.... The idle CPU usage went up to 60% from 4%. A perfect failure. :-P

Just a reminder. :smile:

Cheers.

rollback

Fortunately there is a built-in rollback facility within Windows, as Enoskype pointed out ,

ControlPanel>DeviceManager>device(monitor/mouse/etc)Rightclick/driver/rollbackDriver

BUT if you use non-standard retailers drivers problems could occur.

Thats why i made my previous post

Standard Belkin USB N wifi, installed using disk,(but showing as 802.11n lan driver in device manger/network adapters, after updating)

however they and many other companies are

a) notorioulsy slow at updating them

b) rely on WindowsUpdate to update generic versions

c) Actually use drivers from major component manufactuers for the product.

In my case the driver is actually written by Railink, so i updated from the primary source.

BE aware that if you go down this route, you MUST continue to use it

and not the standard MS driverupdater, it will roll it back to the latest standard driver, Belkin in my case.

Not sure how the definitions database will treat this?.

looking foward to this

Roy

Hi everbody,

I have made the mistake of updating about 19 drivers in Win 7 at once. All the drivers were the latest, perfect, but well.... The idle CPU usage went up to 60% from 4%. A perfect failure. :-P

Just a reminder. :smile:

Cheers.

enoskype,

Check this out.

http://www.ax64.com/

http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=339999

It a very new and inexpensive backup and snapshot utility that will revert your whole system (or single files) if something goes wrong.

It is amazing software and nothing else like it.

If I did what you did above, I would just revert, then go back to installing one driver at a time.

Beta testing

i tested it and had to point out a few things:

"note" some problems could be caused by my computer, i need people to confirm the following problems so i know it's not just me.

- It does not detect all drivers. (i know i have 3 updates and the tool only detects 1 of them.)

- Creating restore point is taking too long (already going on for 10 minutes - disabling creating restore point makes it work)

- i can't cancel any ongoing actions like creating restore points or downloading a driver. (have to close the program with the taskmanager)

- the driver updates are somehow very slow (makes 30 seconds lasting installations last for 4+ minutes)

- drivers dont install, (it takes ages to "install' them and then the computer has te reboot following in a rescan wich shows the same driver again.)

let's see how this will work out :).

i also got a few suggestions:

- a portable version, (1 version which only contains the program, and 1 version which contains drivers like a driverpacks for offline driver installation. just like Driver Solution).

- Driver management. (view and save the drivers you installed for use when reinstalling the OS or have to update/install drivers for a computer or notebook with the same hardware).

- if it is going to be a paid program and it would have a portable version, import the licence on the USB so its activated/pro even if you use it on a other computer. ( unlike ASC Portable which always checks for a licence on every computer and goes back to the free version if you dont have one).

i know Iobit makes great programs and im sure this will become one of the best driver updaters on the market!

just installed- ran for 1st time

installation ran without a hitch, I had thought all my drivers were up to date, but it found an intel update for my network adapter. if the program is going to be shareware after the best test period is over, I have an idea for a feature that will most likely increase the value for potential end users. some users like to test beta drivers and some do not. would be nice to have an option in the program settings whether to look for the latest beta drivers, or only certified drivers, especially with say, NVidia geoforce drivers, which update quite frequently. also, will the program seek out bios updates as well??????

Hi killermanx0,

Thanks very much for your detailed test result. :razz:

To look into these issues carefully, please refer to the comments inserted below:

- It does not detect all drivers. (i know i have 3 updates and the tool only detects 1 of them.)

If possible, please take a screenshot of the scan results of Driver Booster and your other application. There is also this situation: Several devices may need the same driver. So you may read you have several outdated devices, but you only need to download only one driver to get updated drivers.

- Creating restore point is taking too long (already going on for 10 minutes - disabling creating restore point makes it work)

This is mainly determined by how many files your system has. There is not much space for us to optimize this.

- i can't cancel any ongoing actions like creating restore points or downloading a driver. (have to close the program with the taskmanager)

- the driver updates are somehow very slow (makes 30 seconds lasting installations last for 4+ minutes)

You can not cancel creating restore point as this is the default design of Windows System Restore. But you can cancel the downloading of a driver, you just need to click the Stop button on Driver Booster.

- drivers dont install, (it takes ages to "install' them and then the computer has te reboot following in a rescan wich shows the same driver again.)

To look into this issue, please find and zip logs in %APPDATA%\IObit\Driver Booster\Logs and send us the zipped file. You can send it to support@iobit.com with providing this thread link.

- a portable version, (1 version which only contains the program, and 1 version which contains drivers like a driverpacks for offline driver installation. just like Driver Solution).

- Driver management. (view and save the drivers you installed for use when reinstalling the OS or have to update/install drivers for a computer or notebook with the same hardware).

Regarding the above two suggestions, in the settings, you have option to set the driver packs stored directory and decide whether to remove those already installed driver installers. So you can find these driver packs there.

- if it is going to be a paid program and it would have a portable version, import the licence on the USB so its activated/pro even if you use it on a other computer. ( unlike ASC Portable which always checks for a licence on every computer and goes back to the free version if you dont have one).

We are sorry that this suggestion may be not accepted as we have registration limitation for the license code. The portable can only have FREE edition's features.

Any feedback or suggestion for Driver Booster are welcomed!

Cheers!

Feedback to IObit for the driver database! [sOLVED by updated Driver Booster Beta 1.0]

OK,

Here is the result of an update attempt by Driver Booster Beta 1.0 in Windows 8 Pro, HP Pavilion dv 5123ea.

DB beta1.0 suggests a W8 incompatible Broadcom Bluetooth driver for updating an ancient Bluetooth driver, indicates as installed after updating, and after reboot, finds that an ancient driver should be updated by the same W8 incompatible Broadcom Bluetooth Driver.

The downloaded setup file is: novatel_bluetooth_win7_win8_32_6.2.0.2600.exe (25130 KB)

Not a complaint, but an information. :lol:

Cheers.

Hello Guys,

I installed Driver Booster, 2 days ago.

My suggestion to improve program. -

1. I think the hottest, please include ability to find and restore missing DLLs like,

D3dx9_43.dll, kernel32.dll, comcat.dll and 'missing ordinal' in DLLs for Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8

2. Include video tutorials within the help document. This would be useful for novice users

3. Please give information about actual installed driver (version, date, etc.) i new driver to sure I install newer not older version. (Full list all drivers installed in the Windows.

4. After Scan, please show all installed drivers(up to date GREEN, and older, etc)

Make software portable so I can use on multiple computers to capture drivers before uninstall\reinstall of Operating System.

5. Please Offer an option for the download folder in the 'save as' tool or else create a folder in 'My Documents' to download to.

6. I would like you to sat that this only backs up drivers instead alluding to updating drivers also ;)

7. That will be great, if Driver Vooster will inform customers that if their equipment is working well, DONT FIX IT, or read what the updated driver will actually do for your hardware and decide if it will actually be an improvement. for Instance, on a video card (display adapter) driver, if it

8. Add ability to predownload drivers before upgrading/replacing operating system.

I have found bug, but about it in the future.

Tried it on XP Home, SCAN runs for hours, never completes or shows drivers list. The last thing I use my PC for is "gaming" as if that's the purpose of a PC, especially an old 768MB RAM 1.8GHz celeron desktop.

Hi IanDSamson,

Please end Driver Booster process via Task Manager.

Then please perform a scan to try again to see whether you still have this freeze problem.

By the way, we are trying to reproduce this issue on our test machine now. Hope our engineers will be lucky to find something.

OK,

Here is the result of an update attempt by Driver Booster Beta 1.0 in Windows 8 Pro, HP Pavilion dv 5123ea.

DB beta1.0 suggests a W8 incompatible Broadcom Bluetooth driver for updating an ancient Bluetooth driver, indicates as installed after updating, and after reboot, finds that an ancient driver should be updated by the same W8 incompatible Broadcom Bluetooth Driver.

The downloaded setup file is: novatel_bluetooth_win7_win8_32_6.2.0.2600.exe (25130 KB)

Not a complaint, but an information. :lol:

Cheers.

Dear Enis,

Thanks for your information. We should improve Driver Booster's whitelist.

I have already forwarded this issue to our programmers and they are addressing this issue now.

But considering the huge amount of drivers and devices, this will be a huge work too. Maybe the product team need to hire more engineers?:wink:

According to your description, the driver wasn't installed in the first try. So you will not encounter the incompatible problem.

EDIT: Yes, but please see the DriverBooster1.jpg image (4th one) in the concerned post. :wink:

Hmmm... AMD Catalyst 13.1 ancient?

[ATTACH]11814[/ATTACH]

Dear Hevesi János,

We need your assistance to help us look into this issue.

Please download the demo from http://testdemo.iobit.com/608/CapVerion.exe

Please double click CapVerion.exe to run it (There will be no window opened. Once you click it, it finish the running) and you will find log.txt generated under C:/

Please send the log.txt to us, you know my email address support@iobit.com. :mrgreen:

Thanks.

Hello Guys,

I installed Driver Booster, 2 days ago.

My suggestion to improve program. -

1. I think the hottest, please include ability to find and restore missing DLLs like,

D3dx9_43.dll, kernel32.dll, comcat.dll and 'missing ordinal' in DLLs for Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8

2. Include video tutorials within the help document. This would be useful for novice users

3. Please give information about actual installed driver (version, date, etc.) i new driver to sure I install newer not older version. (Full list all drivers installed in the Windows.

4. After Scan, please show all installed drivers(up to date GREEN, and older, etc)

Make software portable so I can use on multiple computers to capture drivers before uninstall\reinstall of Operating System.

5. Please Offer an option for the download folder in the 'save as' tool or else create a folder in 'My Documents' to download to.

6. I would like you to sat that this only backs up drivers instead alluding to updating drivers also ;)

7. That will be great, if Driver Vooster will inform customers that if their equipment is working well, DONT FIX IT, or read what the updated driver will actually do for your hardware and decide if it will actually be an improvement. for Instance, on a video card (display adapter) driver, if it

8. Add ability to predownload drivers before upgrading/replacing operating system.

I have found bug, but about it in the future.

Dear Mikołaj,

Thanks very much for your suggestions.

I have written them down and will ask the product manager to consider them seriously.

Should you have any more feedback or suggestion, please post here again.

Cheers. :mrgreen:

404 not found :(

Dear Hevesi János,

We need your assistance to help us look into this issue.

Please download the demo from http://testdemo.iobit.com/608/CapVerion.exe

Please double click CapVerion.exe to run it (There will be no window opened. Once you click it, it finish the running) and you will find log.txt generated under C:/

Please send the log.txt to us, you know my email address support@iobit.com. :mrgreen:

Thanks.

Problem of Broadcom Bluetooth driver mentioned in post # 16 is solved.

Hi All,

Incompatible Driver I have mentioned in post #16 is not found as an update in the newly released slight updated version of Driver Booster Beta 1.0 of which the download link can be found in IObit Driver Booster Beta 1.0 is released! (minor-Updated June 08, 2013) thread.

Cheers.