IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Is it possible to do a Silent Install for the application itself?

Simpuhl

I can manage to get it to install without any interaction with (tested in a .bat file)

START /WAIT driver_booster_setup.exe /silent

but it still shows a splash screen and then automatically opens up and checks for driver updates. Is it possible to suppress the installation fully and not open after install is complete?

I don't think that there's an option for a silent install yet. Maybe we could suggest this onto the previous versions though. 1.gif

/verysilent works fine. I just was trying to figure out how to make it not open the program once its done installing.

I have also looked everywhere for such a command switch but with no luck.

There are just too many variables, such as the structure of the exe file, whether it may be a .msi file in a .exe wrapper.

It is disappointing that Iobit have not replied to your query, as they have the relevant info.

The only response I got from the setup people

"Only if the setup author added the skipifsilent flag to the [Run] entry.

If /verysilent isn't stopping it then you're out of luck unless you can

ask them to fix the setup.

--

Deanna Earley (dee@earlsoft.co.uk, dee@doesnotcompute.co.uk)

(Replies direct to my email address will be printed, shredded then fed

to the rats. Please reply to the group.)"

Archived