IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Driver updates trashed my system

GoFigure

I have been a long time customer of driver booster until yesterday. It notified me that I had 9 updates when I booted up yesterday morning so I let it install them. After the install I could not connect to my router, my desktop was non functioning, when I opened windows explorer it froze when trying to copy a file from one hard drive to another, when I tried to restart the system hung and had to be turned off, and when I rebooted the same things occurred. Fortunately I have two programs that saved me. First is TrueImage 2015 which makes a daily backup of my boot drive so I was able to restore it to the Oct 1 nightly backup and Second, Revo Uninstaller Pro which allowed me to COMPLETELY remove Driver Booster, never to be installed again. I never forgive software that corrupts my system because it is obviously not well written and doesn't have adequate safeguards. Previously I had a problem with it installing a driver for my hardware but the hardware it was installing for doesn't exist in my system, but I was able to fix that on my own also and I considered that a meaningless glitch, but this event far surpasses a glitch.

Hi GoFigure

i had the same problem! And i saved my life wuth acronis too!

Later i have updated every driver alone and checked if its ok.

The problem was, that the update of my atheros wireless network adapter only was for windows 10. That has confused all.

After i put in in the ignorelist, all other drivers can updated together ands all ok.

Try it too

Archived