IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Usb ports not working after drivers update

Ken Dunn

Recently Driver Booster updated drivers on my computer without asking me. And now my rear usb ports not recognizing my external hard drive. I`ve tried to roll back all drivers manually, but it did not work. Probably i`m noit able to find all the drivers that were updated. I have tried a system restore, but it fails. What do i do now? see system info in a file attached.

Did you try doing this method earlier? if not you mention that you tried it manually by going to device manager? by the way do you see any icon with a question mark and also with caution sign?

if you want to download the drivers, try to look for your motherboard name and after that download it on the manufacturers website. vbsmile.png

Hi Ken

I am assuming you used the Driver Booster roolback feature. If so, then I recommend instead going to Start/control pane/system/hardware/device manager

Then scroll down the list until you see Universal Serial Bus Cotrollers. Expand this and you will see all your Usb;s listed. If there is an issue with one you may see it highlighted or see a question mark next to it.

If you right click on the suspect one and select Properties another window will open. There you can select Driver. This will give details of the driver and also the option to Rollback the driver.

If this does not resolve the issue, at least it will give you the details of the driver and you can go the the correct site to get the correct driver.

However, if you have already given your pc to a "Techie" your chances of of success are diminishing, as most Techies rarely go to such efforts and usually

take the easy road of reformattig or reinstalling.

Recently Driver Booster updated drivers on my computer without asking me. And now my rear usb ports not recognizing my external hard drive. I`ve tried to roll back all drivers manually, but it did not work. Probably i`m noit able to find all the drivers that were updated. I have tried a system restore, but it fails. What do i do now? see system info in a file attached.

@Ken Dunn,

Sorry for the inconvenience.

According to your report file, we found you only used Driver Booster to update Intel® 8 Series/C220 Series SMBus Controller - 8C22, which normally will not cause the USB problem. Anyway, you can go to Device Manager >> find and right click Intel® 8 Series/C220 Series SMBus Controller - 8C22>> choose Uninstall >> Reboot PC. See if everything is normal or not. (Note: During the uninstall process, please make sure to tick 'Delete the Driver software for this device'.)

If the problem remains, it shows that the problem was not caused by Driver Booster, we suggest you contact GIGABYTE H81M-S2H or Microsoft Support to see if they can help.

Thanks for your work.

• 3 months later...

I also had an issue with the usb 3.0 port in the back of the PC house (not the front side). I cannot use there my external 320 GB hard drive, but other ports are working and can see it. I tried to re-install the original drivers from the Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3 motherboard website, but it did not help. Tried to find other solutions, but I am out of ideas. Now I attached the required zip file. I hope you can say something to solve this problem. Thank you!

I also had an issue with the usb 3.0 port in the back of the PC house (not the front side). I cannot use there my external 320 GB hard drive, but other ports are working and can see it. I tried to re-install the original drivers from the Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3 motherboard website, but it did not help. Tried to find other solutions, but I am out of ideas. Now I attached the required zip file. I hope you can say something to solve this problem. Thank you!

Hi Suntoucha,

Please load Driver Booster >> Scan >> click UpToUpdate tab >> search the device(s) below >> right click it>> select Roll Back

Intel® USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller

Reboot PC and see if everything is OK now.

If problem remains, download http://www.cd4o.com/drivers/debug/DBInfoHelper.exe, >> double click to run this tool >> click 'Save report to Desktop' >> find db_info_xxx_i.zip on your desktop >> send us the latest zip file at dbfeedback@iobit.com.

Thank you.

Archived