IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Help! HP Black screen and circles for hours

Nina

Today the helpdesk of GameHouse advised me to download Driver Booster. I installed v4.5 and DB found 11 issues to solve. Outdated drivers. First few drivers went well. Just a restart and another restart and 7 problems were fixed. At this moment the 8th driver (don't know which one) makes my HP laptop doesn't start up. All I see is arrow and circles dots going around. No start. Is this a common problem or normal it takes such a long time? I can't use or enter my laptop now. Restart doesn't work either. All I see is HP logo showing up and then the arrow + circles. Should I just be patient and let it run for many hours more? Or is there another thing I can do?

Hi Nina

Welcome to the forum. Unfortunately, this issue is not uncommon. It appears an incompatible driver is attempting to load.

Please look in the Driver Booster Forum section and you will see many related posts and solutions.

In the meantime, you should boot your pc in Safe Mode, Launch System Restore -(If you have Advanced Systemcare installed you can access system restore in the Rescue Centre)- and restore your pc to a time before you updated the drivers. This should revert the drivers back to the originals.

If you then wish to update your drivers you should so so one at a time and reboot after each update. Then if you hit the same issue you will know which driver is causing the problem and can ignore that update.

Thanks for thinking with me. I had to create new bootfiles (HP trick with button combination). System Restore was gone, all repairfunctions gone too. Safe mode didn't start up either. I'll never use Drive Booster again. It has one goal: destroying your computer, collect personal data. So to me it's malware. Fortunately my laptop was still recognising an USB port. Recovery software on an USB stick. So at this moment I'm trying to recover my laptop this way. Don't use Power Booster people. It's crap!

Even if system restore is not working. you can still use the Driver Rollback feature n windows to revert to previous drivers.

It will be a lot easier to get your system back to normal using that method.

Also. it is very worrying that Safe Mode does not work, as that is a Bios function and could not be caused by a driver update

Exactly! Didn't have any BIOS problems until I downloaded Driver Booster 4.5. So there are two options: DB 4.5 itself is messing up harddisk Bios files or the 'recent driver software' DB 4.5 found for your computer or laptop is malware / virus. Can't use Driver Rollback function because Windows is not starting.

The only thing that was working were some rootfiles last night. The kind of screen you can only enter by pressing Escape key several times or F8, F9, F10 imidiately after start up. No Windows or mouse arrow but only up and down keys and escape button + enter to go to next pages. HP files on USB stick and laptop still recognising USB port made it possible to make new partition and start up laptop back to HP factory settings. I do believe HP was the giant hero last night. So I have Windows 8 running now. Big relieve. With HP factory settings and this old version of Windows running again Im able to download import other software and update everything to 2017. But might take a few days. 111 updates available now lol So glad everything is working again. No Driver Booster more for me in future. Thanks for thinking with me.

• 2 weeks later...
The only thing that was working were some rootfiles last night. The kind of screen you can only enter by pressing Escape key several times or F8, F9, F10 imidiately after start up. No Windows or mouse arrow but only up and down keys and escape button + enter to go to next pages. HP files on USB stick and laptop still recognising USB port made it possible to make new partition and start up laptop back to HP factory settings. I do believe HP was the giant hero last night. So I have Windows 8 running now. Big relieve. With HP factory settings and this old version of Windows running again Im able to download import other software and update everything to 2017. But might take a few days. 111 updates available now lol So glad everything is working again. No Driver Booster more for me in future. Thanks for thinking with me.

Hi Nina,

Really sorry for the inconvenience. You may please kindly know that the driver update provided by Driver Booster works properly on most of users computers. And it is impossible for our testing team to test every single driver update in every single PC situation because driver updates quantity is colossal and PC situations are various, and even though the updates are from official recourse and tested before being added into our database, they cannot be guaranteed to be error-free. So sometimes the problem happens.

Anyway, thanks for giving it a try.

Archived