Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Windows 10 CE2 won't start after NVIDIA driver update

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Windows 10 CE2 won't start after NVIDIA driver update

    Windows 10 Fall Creators Update

    Windows reboots soon after the dial spins round as Windows is loading.
    On the second reboot it shows the message "Preparing Automatic Repair" and reboots soon after.
    What happens next is a repeat of the last two.
    I have tried...
    Removing the card. (GTX1060). Using the onboard grphics instead.
    From the Recovery USB used System Restore to restore a restore point before the driver install and an earlier restore point. Both successfully restored, but Windows won't start.
    From the Recovery USB used Startup Repair. Gave an error stating Windows startup could not be repaired. The logfile says that a Failed driver installation maybe the cause.
    Enabled F8 to use Safe Mode. None of the options worked from this menu.

    I can do a reinstall, although I would prefer to actually fix this error if I can. Any suggestions would be welcome.

    Thanks in Advance.
    Last edited by sureshot; Nov. 2nd, 2017, 18:42.

  • #2
    Hi Sureshot,
    Please start your PC in Safe Mode and download http://www.cd4o.com/drivers/debug/DBInfoHelper.exe >> double click to run this tool on the problem PC >> click 'Save report to Desktop' >>find db_info_xxxx.zip on your desktop >> send us the zip file at dbfeedback@iobit.com. We will analyze the file and try our best to help.
    Thanks.
    IObit Support Team --
    If you're happy with our products, please tell your friends, families and colleagues about IObit and IObit products! We'd be very grateful!

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Cicely View Post
      Hi Sureshot,
      Please start your PC in Safe Mode and download http://www.cd4o.com/drivers/debug/DBInfoHelper.exe >> double click to run this tool on the problem PC >> click 'Save report to Desktop' >>find db_info_xxxx.zip on your desktop >> send us the zip file at dbfeedback@iobit.com. We will analyze the file and try our best to help.
      Thanks.
      Hi Cicely, thanks for your reply. As I stated in my original post, I have tried all available options from the Safe Mode menu and none of the work, so I am unable to run the "tool" from Windows. I have tried it from the Recovery USB Command Prompt and it doesn't work there. If required I can manually copy log files etc from Driver Booster and I should be able import the Registry Hives into an another computer if required for troubleshooting etc.

      I forgot to mention before that I also tried the Boot Logging option and the file ntbtlog.txt is not created.

      Thanks in Advance

      Click image for larger version

Name:	20171107_031141545_iOS.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	265.9 KB
ID:	16837
      Boot options I have available via F8
      Attached Files

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by sureshot View Post

        Hi Cicely, thanks for your reply. As I stated in my original post, I have tried all available options from the Safe Mode menu and none of the work, so I am unable to run the "tool" from Windows. I have tried it from the Recovery USB Command Prompt and it doesn't work there. If required I can manually copy log files etc from Driver Booster and I should be able import the Registry Hives into an another computer if required for troubleshooting etc.

        I forgot to mention before that I also tried the Boot Logging option and the file ntbtlog.txt is not created.

        Thanks in Advance

        [ATTACH=CONFIG]n222293[/ATTACH]
        Boot options I have available via F8
        Hi Sureshot,

        From the picture you sent to us, it seems that the safe mode is available. You may please try again to start your PC in safe mode (note: please choose the first option, not the other two options
        with networking nor with Command Prompt ), then please restore your system to the previous restore point before Driver Booster to see if it works.

        If you still can not start your PC in safe mode, we suggest you contact Microsoft Support team to see if they can help with
        ntbtlog.txt and boot in safe mode issues.

        If they also failed to help, we are sorry to say that you may please send it to repair shop to fix.

        Thanks for your work.
        IObit Support Team --
        If you're happy with our products, please tell your friends, families and colleagues about IObit and IObit products! We'd be very grateful!

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Cicely View Post

          Hi Sureshot,

          From the picture you sent to us, it seems that the safe mode is available. You may please try again to start your PC in safe mode (note: please choose the first option, not the other two options
          with networking nor with Command Prompt ), then please restore your system to the previous restore point before Driver Booster to see if it works.

          If you still can not start your PC in safe mode, we suggest you contact Microsoft Support team to see if they can help with
          ntbtlog.txt and boot in safe mode issues.

          If they also failed to help, we are sorry to say that you may please send it to repair shop to fix.

          Thanks for your work.

          IObit Support Team --
          If you're happy with our products, please tell your friends, families and colleagues about IObit and IObit products! We'd be very grateful!
          Hi Cicely and team,

          Thank you for your suggestions. You can always tell how good a company is from the aftercare and support they give when there is a problem.

          I not quite sure that you may have either read my original post or the subsequent post, yes none of the Safe Mode options or Restore Points work, in fact none of them work and all end with the computer rebooting.


          The reason I chose to contact your team and not Microsoft or a "repair shop", is that your software created this error.

          A "repair shop" would more than likely just reinstall Windows, something which I can do myself. Unless that is maybe, IObit are willing to pay for their time?

          Yes I could even go to NVIDIA as it was their driver which has ultimately clogged up my system, causing it not to boot.

          Who is ultimately at fault here? IObit, for their repackaged drivers. NVIDIA for the original driver, Microsoft for Windows or me for trusting Driver Booster Pro.


          I am not interested in casting blame, only a satisfactory result.

          I contacted your team mainly because you already have experience in repackaging drivers and would know which registry keys were affected etc so that I can remove them (via another PC).

          Please can you provide me with the details of the driver update so that I may attempt to recover this error?


          Thanks in Advance.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by sureshot View Post

            Hi Cicely and team,

            Thank you for your suggestions. You can always tell how good a company is from the aftercare and support they give when there is a problem.

            I not quite sure that you may have either read my original post or the subsequent post, yes none of the Safe Mode options or Restore Points work, in fact none of them work and all end with the computer rebooting.


            The reason I chose to contact your team and not Microsoft or a "repair shop", is that your software created this error.

            A "repair shop" would more than likely just reinstall Windows, something which I can do myself. Unless that is maybe, IObit are willing to pay for their time?

            Yes I could even go to NVIDIA as it was their driver which has ultimately clogged up my system, causing it not to boot.

            Who is ultimately at fault here? IObit, for their repackaged drivers. NVIDIA for the original driver, Microsoft for Windows or me for trusting Driver Booster Pro.


            I am not interested in casting blame, only a satisfactory result.

            I contacted your team mainly because you already have experience in repackaging drivers and would know which registry keys were affected etc so that I can remove them (via another PC).

            Please can you provide me with the details of the driver update so that I may attempt to recover this error?


            Thanks in Advance.
            Hi sureshot,
            Sorry for the late reply.
            I did read every of your posts. Just according to the picture, it seemed safe mode worked, so we just wanted to confirm with you. And you may know that, we always want to help to fix the problem. But we do need some necessary information to analyze which caused the problem, without it, we cannot know what the problem it is, that's why i kindly asked you to send us the report file if you can.
            Plus, if you cannot start PC even in safe mode, how would you perform any possible methods to solve the problem? What's why we suggested you send your PC to repair shop to fix. By saying " I can remove them (via another PC)", i don't know how it works. Anyway, i forwarded your updated information to our technicians to see if they know anything about it. They probably will reply me on Monday. I will keep you updated.
            Thanks for your kind understanding.
            IObit Support Team --
            If you're happy with our products, please tell your friends, families and colleagues about IObit and IObit products! We'd be very grateful!

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Cicely View Post

              Hi sureshot,
              Sorry for the late reply.
              I did read every of your posts. Just according to the picture, it seemed safe mode worked, so we just wanted to confirm with you. And you may know that, we always want to help to fix the problem. But we do need some necessary information to analyze which caused the problem, without it, we cannot know what the problem it is, that's why i kindly asked you to send us the report file if you can.
              Plus, if you cannot start PC even in safe mode, how would you perform any possible methods to solve the problem? What's why we suggested you send your PC to repair shop to fix. By saying " I can remove them (via another PC)", i don't know how it works. Anyway, i forwarded your updated information to our technicians to see if they know anything about it. They probably will reply me on Monday. I will keep you updated.
              Thanks for your kind understanding.
              Hi sureshot,

              Our technicians still suggest you send your pc to repair shop to fix it. Anyway, if you still want to try to fix it by yourself, our technician informed that you can try to remove Drivers to an Offline Windows Image with with Microsoft's own tool DISM, which is very complicated. You can follow the steps in the link below :

              https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh825070.aspx


              IObit Support Team --
              If you're happy with our products, please tell your friends, families and colleagues about IObit and IObit products! We'd be very grateful!

              Comment

              Working...
              X