IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Gamebooster + SWTOR

Anyone know what the default services that are being turned off by GB that is causing this to not work? I have not adjusted any settings yet, it is all default. It is not displaying the realms to log into and not allowing me to get in game. Once GB is disabled it works just fine again.

Game booster and SWTOR

Hi I'm having issues where I try to run gamebooster with swtor and when i click play game booster doesn't launch the game it just says "switching back into normal mode" and then nothing happens.... I looked in the configure settings to see if anything was there to prevent it from opening but nothing looks like it is directly stopping swtor or bioware...help?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

??? Seriously Dude????

How are you running GameBooster together with SWTOR?

1. Don't use GameBox mode

2. Make sure that you don't disable the DNS Client Service, server selection depends on it

Why would you even say that..... Game booster is supposed to work using launch and boost... and if it doesn't work ....like it isn't currently.... the developers need to be informed maybe some one has intell on how to fix it don't just tell people not to ask or Run w/o boost and launch because boost and launch closes more background tasks than just "switch to game mode".....

Why would you even say that..... Game booster is supposed to work using launch and boost... and if it doesn't work ....like it isn't currently.... the developers need to be informed maybe some one has intell on how to fix it don't just tell people not to ask or Run w/o boost and launch because boost and launch closes more background tasks than just "switch to game mode".....

Why I would say that?

No other game that I know of requires that the DNS Service runs, SWTOR does thou, disabling it will prevent server selection.

Where did I tell people to run without boost?

I say that you should not use the GameBox mode since the game uses 2 instances of the executable, if the developers of GB can do something about it, I dunno, but at least I tell you that you should simply just use GB's regular boost to make it work.

I use GB in boost mode, and it works perfectly fine with SWTOR.

I don't think it's a server thing as much as it has to do with Steam of some sort. I've read in an older thread that someone with Skyrim was having trouble as well because it would revert back to normal mode after the game was launched. This is happening to me as well, but with Rise of Immortals and not SWTOR. Hopefully this can be fixed.

Archived