IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Temperature tool disappeared

Hi, I was using gamebooster v3.4 and the temperature tool was there, and suddenly disappeared... Tried a clean install, and nothing... Now installed v3.5 beta, and keep having the same problem =/

Can anyone help me?

Thx in advance

EDIT: When i try to configure the processes that will close on Boosting, the "Hide Temperature" icon appears (although no temperature is actually shown...)

• 2 weeks later...

Game Booster Temp Bar disappeared

I have the same problem. I installed GB, 3 days later temp bar, gone. It says hide temps but there is nothing there. I did a COMPLETE uninstall and waalaa! bar is back. 3 days later it is gone again. I really depend on that bar. What is the issue with it?:?::roll:

I have the same problem. I installed GB, 3 days later temp bar, gone. It says hide temps but there is nothing there. I did a COMPLETE uninstall and waalaa! bar is back. 3 days later it is gone again. I really depend on that bar. What is the issue with it?:?::roll:

Did that to, it never worked really from 2nd day for me.

im having the same issue. was nice finaly knowing what my temps were running at. then poof gone. couldnt get em back with 3.4. tried getting the 3.5 beta the little hide show buttons are there but no temps. how do i get em back?

Hi all,

Did you guys exit Game Booster before you turn off your computers?

If your Game Booster terminated by force, like force shut down a computer while Game Booster is still running in the background, you may have this problem.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi all,

If your Game Booster terminated by force, like force shut down a computer while Game Booster is still running in the background, you may have this problem.

Also of note GameBooster can exit abnormally on its own. For example the other day I clicked the [x] on GameBooster. And the very next message was that GameBooster had quit. Ultimately when one clicks [x] that is the expected result. Just not abnormally. Now it no longer shows the temp tools. And while you note people may have this issue if this happens. I think those who posted, and myself, would like to know how to correct this. As a uninstall does not work. Uninstalled/Installed 3.4 even the beta. All persisting to keeping these tools hidden. Would love to know the actual file(s) to delete. That will enable these tools again. Thank you.

*EDIT*

GB should have a menu option to clear all its stored data. That way if any issues happen, or this. One click, restored, done.

Hi all...

Did you hit the red (x) [close window] at the top right of windows before exiting (stopping) gamebooster through the gamebooster GUI? If so then I think that is what Cicely is talking about... but not sure (a guess).

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper

Hi all...

Did you hit the red (x) [close window] at the top right of windows before exiting (stopping) gamebooster through the gamebooster GUI? If so then I think that is what Cicely is talking about... but not sure (a guess).

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper

GB was not running currently at the time. Outside just having the application open. It was currently not boosting any game. Exiting a program that is doing nothing [x]. Should not hang it from showing the tools. Anyways this is what it did for me. So only need the information that will correct the issue. Aka what file(s) need to be deleted to fix the issue.

Tried :

Uninstalling/Installing 3.4

Uninstalling/Installing 3.5

Tried using a general uninstall program

State :

Still stuck at not wanting to show the temp tools

So for whatever reason there has to be a file or files. That are not being uninstalled. And being told which files control this behavior, so we can delete. Should fix it like new =)

If its needed the system I'm running is Win 7 64.

The funny bit is : The absolute only issue this caused was disabling the temp tools. Sometimes a program crash can not be avoided. Same sadly for systems. And for a program to react like its on eggshells without a built-in restore. Is a bit annoying to say the least. Not saying its a bad program. Absolutely love it, truthfully. Just one little *poof* and the temp tool option went up in flames (like eggshells).

My question is what is so binding with the temp tools when GB is in boost mode? Over when its not boosting (idle)? Given that the two states for temp tools, should be similar. Unless GB hooks into the devices themselves to adjusting fan speeds/freqs/etc for adjustment to temps? Sorry just thinking of some stuff .. that I am unaware it ever did ...

In simple terms if I place a red apple on my counter. Then later place it on my table. The only change the red apple has seen, is the location. It is still a red apple. Thus, I was figuring the display of temperature tools, to also be of the same. And if simply on a abnormal exit it loses its location, and the red apple falls to the floor. And there is no definition for the floor, the red apple is then lost. -Maybe a silly analogy heh- Yet, however silly it may be, seems what has occurred in the coding. When that's fixed should call it a apple on floor fix =). Kidding!

Thank you Dan11.

Your clarification is appreciated! I think Cicely will probably respond.

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

You are most welcome. And I am a persistent type. The uninstall programs for both versions I do not feel delete everything. Reason for this assumption : Temp tools persist in not showing across uninstalls/installs. I did use a generalized uninstall program. And it was unable to remove whatever was causing the issue. However! Temporary fix for users having issues with uninstall not fixing. Until IObit itself can put in something better of a fix.

1) Download IOBit's own Uninstaller

2) Run it

3) Select Game Booster 3 for deletion

4) Select Powerful scan

5) Select the files it left over

6) Delete them

7) Install Game Booster 3 like normal

You should now have your temp tools back. It worked for myself. And should work for those having uninstaller issues.

Oh just thought of this. This temp fix should be stickied in a new thread by a mod. Just for any further issues a user may have. So they know of a fix that works without digging =) -Initially I had to dig. I'm a patient type. Though not many will scan over each thread if its many pages back. Luckily, this wasn't too far down the list to find.-

For those not caring to use another type of uninstaller. Just delete the folder "C:\ProgramData\IObit\Game Booster 3" which is left behind after a uninstall.

no need to reinstall game booster

i had this problem just now.. googled and landed here on first click, read the comment tht remove the game booster folder in programdata, instead of just removing it, i inspected tht folder and found a file "gamebooster.ini", just scroll down in tht file and u wil find this

[Temp]

ShowTemp=0

ForInstall=1

Logged=1

change ShowTemp value to "1" i.e

ShowTemp=1

and u will get the temperature monitor back

cheers from Pakistan ;-)

http://forums.iobit.com/images/icons/icon14.gif thanks!

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s. the other solution is also great

i had this problem just now.. googled and landed here on first click, read the comment tht remove the game booster folder in programdata, instead of just removing it, i inspected tht folder and found a file "gamebooster.ini", just scroll down in tht file and u wil find this

[Temp]

ShowTemp=0

ForInstall=1

Logged=1

change ShowTemp value to "1" i.e

ShowTemp=1

and u will get the temperature monitor back

cheers from Pakistan ;-)

Hi all,

Hey there 8-), my Temperature notifications ran fine for over a month,then 3 days ago I noticed they were gone!

I did a uninstall/reinstall,which I thought was a clean one,but it turns out I still had a file for the 3.5 beta,I thought the built-in installer was supposed to get rid of all components and leave nothing! Is this why the damn thing still won't work?(and)once I delete that file will it work (a clean installation)

then???

I did not force a shut down either,so it must have done it on it's own as you stated!:sad:

• 1 month later...
You are most welcome. And I am a persistent type. The uninstall programs for both versions I do not feel delete everything. Reason for this assumption : Temp tools persist in not showing across uninstalls/installs. I did use a generalized uninstall program. And it was unable to remove whatever was causing the issue. However! Temporary fix for users having issues with uninstall not fixing. Until IObit itself can put in something better of a fix.

1) Download IOBit's own Uninstaller

2) Run it

3) Select Game Booster 3 for deletion

4) Select Powerful scan

5) Select the files it left over

6) Delete them

7) Install Game Booster 3 like normal

You should now have your temp tools back. It worked for myself. And should work for those having uninstaller issues.

Oh just thought of this. This temp fix should be stickied in a new thread by a mod. Just for any further issues a user may have. So they know of a fix that works without digging =) -Initially I had to dig. I'm a patient type. Though not many will scan over each thread if its many pages back. Luckily, this wasn't too far down the list to find.-

For those not caring to use another type of uninstaller. Just delete the folder "C:\ProgramData\IObit\Game Booster 3" which is left behind after a uninstall.

Dude thanks! It worked

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I'm Red (New member). :mrgreen:

Can I ask what the common CPU/Hard-disk temperature is for an acer aspire 3680?

I always see it (Temp. bar on my GB) go up to +100 degrees Fahrenheit! But when I check (By touching the main body) its cool.

Really the only thing hot is usually the exhaust (but it usually cools off in minutes and I'm pretty sure its NEVER around 109 degrees!)

Any feedback will be very appreciated.

Hi Red... welcome to the Iobit Forums!

Can I ask what the common CPU/Hard-disk temperature is for an acer aspire 3680?

I always see it (Temp. bar on my GB) go up to +100 degrees Fahrenheit! But when I check (By touching the main body) its cool.

Please see this webpage.

50 Celsius = 122 Farenheit.

This is a perfectly acceptable temperature during high usage of system resources. If you see the temperature approaching 130 degress Farenheit... then you have need to be concerned. Make sure that you are using your machine on a firm hard surface so that the ports aren't obstructed. It is also good to periodically visually inspect the ports and clean them if there is any lint or dust buildup.

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

p.s. Fahrenheit-xF°=(x-32)*5/9=xC°

100°F = 37,78°C → a fine working temparature for a computer :-)

About the same as your body if you work fairly hard manually :-)

The CPU is just a small chip located on the motherboard under a cooling sink and a fan. That is the heart/mind of the computer. The cabinet has at least one more fan cooling the cabinet and the harddisks.

Cheers solbjerg

Hi Redhollowlives

My girlfriend had a Toshiba laptop that she used in her summerhouse.

One day she needed to go to Copenhagen to buy something and just closed the lid on the laptop without closing it down properly - in order for no one to see that a laptop was sitting on the table while she was away she covered it with a blanket.

The trip to Copenhagen took longer than anticipated and she arrived back 2 days later. The CPU was then fried - but we managed to save the contents of the harddisks to the new Samsung laptop she purchased.

Even though it is called a laptop you shouldn't place it in your lap for extended periods of time - to save both your legs and your computer from harmful influence from the heat generated. :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

Thank you :mrgreen:

Those numbers had me worried. My last motherboard was completely fried/melted (According to the man who fixed it), so I'm being more careful with my laptop.

Great application Btw

Archived