IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

FPS not showing on Skyrim /Steam version)!!! [SOLVED]

It's like the thread title indicates.

All other Steam games (Valve) like L4D2, CSS etc they all show FPS. All other games I own also display the FPS correctly (BC2, BF3 etc). Only Skyrim does not show!

I love what GB does and I have been recommending it to all my friends and will continue to do so even if this problem persists. It does the job we gamers need. Besides, it's one of the best free tools out there.

I'd like someone to help me in this matter.

Thank you very much in advance.:wink:

Hi Xotana,

Please untick Switch to gaming mode when steam game is launched and launch the game skyrim from your Steam directly to see whether the program is launched correctly.

If you can launch the game via Steam, please send us the game shortcut so that we can look into it.

I did as instructed. Unticked the "Switch to gaming mode...." and FPS not displaying.

Besides the game shortcut that shows under GAMES (has no option to see shortcut) and no FPS

I can also run the game with this one, which also doens't show FPS. Shortcut created from Steam Skryrim root folder:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\TESV.exe"

No FPS

Steam also offers the chance to create a shortcut to the game from skyrim properties inside steam control panel but is shows like this:

URL (not the regular target path) steam://rungameid/72850

It also does not show FPS

Launching the game using these 3 different ways displays no FPS at all

Thank you once agin.

Hi Xotana,

As the game can not be displayed correctly even when you do not use Game Booster and launch it from Steam directly, we can go to the result that Game Booster is working. The problem may be related to the game skyrim itself.

Thing is that I'm not able to add a shortcut to the GameBooster tab. I go to skyrim root on Steam and select the TESV.exe but it will not show up non the Gamebooster tab!

My cousin has regular PC version (only required Steam activation) and his FPS and screenshots are displaying and working properly!

Fraps works fine with Steam but I would prefer to use GameBooster!

Can't get what you mean by this "As the game can not be displayed correctly even when you do not use Game Booster and launch it from Steam directly"

GameBooster works alright (there is no boubt of that) it just doesn't show FPS and it doesn't take screenshots.

Since Fraps (free version) can do the job, GameBooster should be able to do the same!!! Right?

As said, on regular PC edition it works flawless.

Strangely enough, I am having this same issue. Yet the FPS works when I use GB to boost Fallout 3 and New Vegas using the script loaders as well as the normal Steam loaders.

My version of Skyrim is Steam purchased and I play it mainly with the SKSE loader.

However, I am able to boost the game by adding any of the shortcuts created by steam or skse_loader.

Negative, I have each of my steam games running through the gamebox in gamebooster, and each of them is working and showing the fps.

Of course, like I mentioned in my prior statement, I run Skyrim using the SKSE_Loader. That might explain it, even though I use a similar script loader to start up Fallout 3, New Vegas as well as ES4: Oblivion....And each of them work just fine with the FPS portion of gamebooster.

actually, now that I think about it. I also run Steam, and the games that I play through it, outside of the suggested install folders.

Instead of having it install to Program Files or Program Files (x86), I install it directly to its own folder.

C:\Steam

Not that I should have any problem with that as all the other games I play using gamebooster would go through the same folders to play them....

If that made any sense at all.

To early for me right now. LOL

Sorry, guys.:oops: I mixed up this thread with another thread. Both are Skyrim related issues.

So the problem here is that: The FPS will not show if users use third party platform, like steam, SKSE loader to play Skyrim. But it displays correctly if users play Skyrim with the regular PC version.

I have forwarded this problem to our programmers now. They will look into it and I will post the feedback or solution once I got from them.

It's ok Cicely, I appreciate all the help. So BG is capable of showing FPS of all Steam native games but not 3rd party Steam games, is that correct??

Just trying to understand the issue.

@Acorvidade

How did you manage to add the shortcuts to you Game Booster box????

I tried that but after clicking TESV.exe nothing is added!!!! Also tried with the SkyrimLauncher.exe but with no success.

OK, this is weird.....All of a sudden I start getting FPS info....and I haven't changed any settings at all from my last post.

??

Not that i'm going to be kicking a gift horse in the mouth. :)

This is really weird. :shock: Did you still play Skyrim by using SKSE loader Acorvidae?

GameBooster does show FPS on Skyrim via Steam, my apologies IObit!!!

As the title says, the culprit of FPS not showing on my Steam Skyrim was a d3d9.dll from the ENB series that I had forgot in Skyrim's folder (ENB - visual enhancement for Skyrim). Everything is working perfect now - FPS, screenshots and recording. Flawless.

Having said that, I sincerely apologise for having started this thread --»

Edit: Threads merged for clarity

and I also apologise to IObit for wasting their time trying to solve something they had nothing to do with.

I 'm the only one to blame here!!!:oops:

As the title says, the culprit of FPS not showing on my Steam Skyrim was a d3d9.dll from the ENB series that I had forgot in Skyrim's folder (ENB - visual enhancement for Skyrim). Everything is working perfect now - FPS, screenshots and recording. Flawless.

Having said that, I sincerely apologise for having started this thread --»

http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?t=13096

and I also apologise to IObit for wasting their time trying to solve something they had nothing to do with.

I 'm the only one to blame here!!!:oops:

Hi Xotana,

Thanks for this thread! :mrgreen:

Archived