IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Razer Game Booster 3.5.2

Got mine this morning. Had to go to work so I couldn't do much more than launch and look at it.

My first impression was it seemed a bit clumsy compared the IOBIT 3.5 beta. Sometimes first impressions can can do that though.

I was surprised the small difference in the version number as this program looks completely different from the IOBIT version. I thought that version numbers out 2 decimal points represented bug fixes but this is much more than that.

The install requires a Synapse account to be setup which seems to be a utility/driver for Razer's gaming peripherals.

Once I play with this, I will report back.

Thank you masterblaster!!

Got mine this morning.
I notice in your thread there is no mention of beta.

this program looks completely different from the IOBIT version
and this
but this is much more than that
It appears razer is doing their own development.
The install requires a Synapse account to be setup which seems to be a utility/driver for Razer's gaming peripherals.
This is the best communication here concerning this... Again thanks masterblaster!

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

Two things I noticed right away.

1) In the past I like to run GB3 independant from a game. That is activate GB3, then run a game, then exit the game, then exit GB3.

The new version doesn't allow that. You must run a game to activate GB :sad:

I never used to launch games from GB3 as I use Steam.

2) When you right click on the GB icon in the Taskbar, there is only 1 open there now, not 2. The only option is to revert GB. When you do, it shuts down. That's either wrong or something needs to change. I like the option of opening full screen. IOBITs version you could either revert/shutdown GB or open it to desktop. I don't like how they changed this.

3) Games can't be added. I have a few games that didn't automatically show up in their launch screen. Something isn't working correctly as GB will not allow me to add games.

My first impressions of the new Razer GB3 is it is different from IOBIT's version, not necessarily better.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, Overall I haven't been very impressed with The Razer version of Game Booster.

There were several options that were incorporated into GB3 over time that were not included in the Razer version. To me it feels like a lighter version than the Beta 3.5.

One big omission for me is the only way to launch RGB is through Gamebox. That's no good for me as I always ran GB3, then a game. I would just leave GB3 running as I played around with other games. Once done gaming, I reverted GB3.

That is no longer possible.

Also when I provide beta feedback, there is no acknowledgement of any kind. At least in these forums others would comment leaving me with the feeling that they were at lease read. Since there have been no updates since I downloaded it, I have no clue what changes if any they are considering.

I am about ready to revert back to GB3 3.5 beta unless they provide a update soon with meaningful improvements.

Hi masterblaster!

Well, Overall I haven't been very impressed with The Razer version of Game Booster.

There were several options that were incorporated into GB3 over time that were not included in the Razer version. To me it feels like a lighter version than the Beta 3.5.

One big omission for me is the only way to launch RGB is through Gamebox. That's no good for me as I always ran GB3, then a game. I would just leave GB3 running as I played around with other games. Once done gaming, I reverted GB3.

That is no longer possible.

Also when I provide beta feedback, there is no acknowledgement of any kind. At least in these forums others would comment leaving me with the feeling that they were at lease read. Since there have been no updates since I downloaded it, I have no clue what changes if any they are considering.

I am about ready to revert back to GB3 3.5 beta unless they provide a update soon with meaningful improvements.

Your posts have always been relevant and helpful here(most appreciated)!:wink: Of course they have been read and appreciated! It is unfortunate that most software marketers/manufacturers don't have the collection of individual volunteers to make their forum work with honor and brevity. It is also unfortunate that the manufacturer is often so preoccupied with gaining capital and increasing sales that they ignore the valuable input from dedicated knowledgable users/members... and thus ignore their own forum. I can personnally testify that Iobit pays attention well... and appreciates.

As Woz pointed out... this forum is unique:-) Thank you for your praise!

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

• 4 weeks later...

Please tell me why we have this bullshit called Razer?

Please tell me why you have got this other company messing things up called Razer?

I got the news letter and downloaded the dam thing and it asked me for my email and password. so I put down the email and password for this sight since that's the only one I have...

and it got refused so I thought that I must have to open up yet another new account :roll: after confirming the dam thing it is saying that the email or the password don't match... Don't match with what?????????

my tee-shirt? my shoes? what???????????????

It's bad enough having to put up with how they have piss about with Windows 8, with out you lot mucking things up as well.

What the hell was wrong with the old system.

I do hope you don't go down this route with ASC6.

As it stand gamebooster is lost to me, and yet I paid for my copy just before you gave it away for free.

If I come across as pissed off, is because I AM. http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-angry012.gif

I've tried the Razer version and am not impressed, it stopped whatever services it had to then when I exited the game it only restored some services but killed IE9, couldn't browse at all, had to uninstall the software then work out which serce wasn't restarted to enable IE9. So I won't be testing it again.

Hi All,

Please kindly note that to use Razer Game Booster, you need to register an account by clicking CREATE ACCOUNT button. It's very easy. On Create Account window, please remember tick I HAVE AGREE TO THE TERMS OF SERVICE AND PRIVACY POLICY.

Here is a screenshot for your reference.

And I have written down all your concerns and will let our program team know.

Thanks so much for your supporting to IObit.

sorry... but I'm still angry at you.

Hi All,

Please kindly note that to use Razer Game Booster, you need to register an account by clicking CREATE ACCOUNT button. It's very easy. On Create Account window, please remember tick I HAVE AGREE TO THE TERMS OF SERVICE AND PRIVACY POLICY.

Here is a screenshot for your reference.

And I have written down all your concerns and will let our program team know.

Thanks so much for your supporting to IObit.

Do you honestly think I hav'nt already done that?

And I know exactly what I put down for my email address and password as well!

But the program still locks me out and tells me that what I type in is a mismatch.

Why have you sold it off to a bunch of paranoied Americans?

Hi maybury

Have you tried the copy and paste method?

Why do you use the Razer version if you do not like the company?

IObit has formed a partnership with Razer concerning GameBooster at the moment.

I will remove your blanket statement about americans, while we frown heavily on statements like that. Please refrain from doing it again.

Cheers

solbjerg

But the program still locks me out and tells me that what I type in is a mismatch.

I just came across the Razer version and have installed it. I am a Razer fan so I was surprised and happy to see the partnership. I have encountered the same problems listed in this thread though but there does seem to be a valid workaround to the GameBoost alone issue (vs using the launcher). Registering with Razer was easy and quick so I don't see why everyone is pissing and moaning about it.

1. Cannot add games to the Launcher that aren't already placed.

2. Couldn't just launch into Boost mode without using the Launcher and a game. No Boost button as with previous versions. But the workaround is to just use the shortcut mapping for boosting into game mode and back to normal mode. That seems to work just fine.

3. Options have been cut down in the taskbar icon when right clicking, not a big fan of this.

4. The Razer Gui is pleasant enough to look at and arguably more easy on the eyes but the checkboxes and the dropdown arrows in the configure section need some work. It's not as easy to see what to check and what not to as in previous versions.

5. Biggest issue so far is that returning to Normal mode does not reactivate all the processes that were shut down. While it's inconvenient for me at this point, I can muddle through for now but this is a HUGE issue. It's an app breaking issue that will invalidate it as being useful for a ton of people.

Other than that I feel like it's doing what it's supposed to do and I am happy that Razer is involved and giving this app more exposure to the gaming industry.

The type mismatch error message is because you either did not type in the security words correctly or at all.

The type mismatch error message is because you either did not type in the security words correctly or at all.

Oh... really? On all three occasions?... Do you think I have not done this sort of thing before?

I'll give you one thing though, You may have stumbled on something there, Windows 8 and my Microsoft 3000 keyboard have been acting up to the point, that I had to roll back the system.

Typical, Who would have thought it Microsoft software products not working with there own hardware, the mind boggles. :roll:

But I'm only grasping at straws, as I always double check what I type in. I had to do one of them today, so that I could tell Iobit customer services that ASC thinks I've used up all there allotted amount of computers on activation when in fact I only have one computer, which was caused by a bug in the ASC6 beta builds,

Every time I loaded the ASC6 beta it automatically scrubbed off my ASC5 version and a activation life went with it, and now that I have changed to Windows 8 from Vista, it thinks I've changed computers again!

Get a grip... I've only changed the software it runs on... not the computer!

Remember Windows XP and the trouble they had with this Idea, they learnt there lesson and dropped the project like a brick. :shock::-x

Your type mismatch errors are caused by you not entering the 2 security words correctly, It's that simple. You asked for help with your problem and I gave you the cause.

I can't fix your hardware problems.

Oh, and you are a jerk to come here and ask for help and complain about it.

Your type mismatch errors are caused by you not entering the 2 security words correctly, It's that simple. You asked for help with your problem and I gave you the cause.

I can't fix your hardware problems.

Oh, and you are a jerk to come here and ask for help and complain about it.

I'm sorry to cause you all this stress, I must be such a burden on your shoulders.

but the truth of the matter is that I took Cicely's advice ages a go and reloaded the older GB3, (Which works perfectly thank you very much) and from what I've read here, is working better than Razer's efforts, as I don't much care how it looks so long as it dose the job it's meant to do!

As for the 2 security words, I may have mislead you there, by using the word (mismatch) sorry my mistake I do humbly apologise. It was the password and the email address that was the problem. it is those that it will not except.

And yes, I have gone down the forgot your password/email address road, and it still did not work.

But for now that dose not bother me, I would sooner have the Iobit version any way.

I do think there is another way that typing errors could be creeping in though... read my thread in the lounge area, tell me what you think the cause is?

And I've just realised something ells Windows 8 uses an auto correct system as standard, I wonder if that is getting in the way somewhere, along the line.

I do apologise if I've come across pretty abrupt, and I should have said thank you to Cicely before now.... Thank you Cicely.

But I did wanted to make it perfectly clear that I think letting Razer loose on Game Booster Is a bad idea, It's like letting a stranger take care of your child. I don't agree with it! the care and attention will not be the same.

Archived