IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

I want the old gamebooster, this razer one sucks...

So i decided to jump in and download the new razer GB, first impressions are, its very irritating.

1. You have to have a synaps account with razer, luckily i already do but i absolutely hate synaps, and razer for that fact, but i wont go into detail.

2. Why cant i launch GB without loading a game? often times ill boost my pc just because it runs faster if im not using all my other programs, and ill open/close games as i please. This must change.

Where can i re download the beta of GB3, this razer one needs a lot of work before ill support it.

Just Google it, it's easy to find Game Booster 3.5 beta.

I agree, I also like the 3.5 beta much better than the Razer version.

The old beta has many more functions.

I also agree, I want the ability to run GB3 without launching a game. I just can't understand why Razer removed this. I won't use the Razer version because of this.

Hey.. I made an account just to post on this thread. I have to say, I 100% agree. I have used Gamebooster for a long long time, ever since the vastly different original beta versions. This new direction is completely crap. Personally, I like Razer. But requiring a login just to use a utility for shutting down background programs? Then restricting WHEN you use it?

This is just very poor judgement. The only thing I can figure with the "login", is that it's wanting to track information on individuals for data mining. You should know that this kind of underhanded practice is what gives companies a bad name.

Back to 3.5 Beta with me. Personally I liked version 1 and 2 better, but hoping that 3 would improve and be less about bloat and "pro features" I continued to use it. But I suppose now I will have to look into something else.

---

TL;DR: I like the idea of Gamebooster but forced logins, bloatware, and loss of functionality (only running when you run a game) is a deal breaker. Going back to 3.5 Beta 'till I find a better alternative. From a computer security standpoint, I recommend that you do too.

EDIT: Turns out 3.5 Beta is just as bad (was using 3.1 before). Configured and ran it once.. only to find out it had re-enabled some of my system settings such as automatic updates. @#$! that. Uninstalled. Not impressed at all Iobit.

EDIT: Turns out 3.5 Beta is just as bad (was using 3.1 before). Configured and ran it once.. only to find out it had re-enabled some of my system settings such as automatic updates. @#$! that. Uninstalled. Not impressed at all Iobit.

Don't blame GB3.5 beta for this. You had your settings set to turn off automatic updates when you ran the boost. Because you already had it turned off, GB3 turned it back on as it should have done.

By simply unchecking this (checked by default), this would not have happened.

I agree with your comments about the new Razer version. I would guess that they are requiring registration in hopes of selling their other Razer stuff.

where can i get he old version

i have couple machines i play same game on This version razor is stupid.

i have to make up fake emails acounts to use it on more than 1 machine

I have to be loged in to use it but like to play some games offline

i want to run multiple copies of the same game but using razor is a pain for this.

Make a simple 1 button app that just has game mode or work mode

get rid of all this other crap dont need video doont need extra task running while game is.

the tools to defrag the game and load drivers are nice and could just as well be a seperate app to save memory.

you made it to complicated when it just needs 1 button

NOT happy with the Razer Version

Not happy for several reasons-

The Launch button inside the RGB window only works sometimes so I'm having to right click launch buttons elsewhere & manually tell it to "Run with Razer Game Booster" & even then it Boosts the game & immediately Unboosts it, often:(

RGB locks all of the in-game Web links for Customer Support, News, Account Management & Forums when boosted & gives me "Untitled" browser windows that do not load. I'm having to keep a separate unboosted Launch Window up in order to access the ones on my launch & log-in screens.

For on-the-spot in-game issues where I need to access a Customer Support link with the game up and running I have to manually unboost the game without exiting & hope the game doesn't crash or freeze :(

I have to keep a boosted game launch up in the background in order to use the boost features in games that are launched & played solely on the Internet.

When Dual boxing multiple game accounts or having multiple games running, exiting one game or account causes RGB to unboost the still active game(s) or if I have "Restore to Normal Mode when game is over" unchecked the active game still lags, crashes or freezes.

Not happy with the very tiny font size in the RGB window or the poor visual contrast the Interface offers. There is NO option to increase the size of the RGB window either which would at least scale up the size of the font. The only way I can read the options is by moving my monitor to 6" from my nose.

I really dislike not being able to submit the various processes to find out more about them individually.

I don't feel being required to be logged onto the internet when I want to boost a game that does NOT require the internet, to be at all reasonable or user friendly :(

IObit Game Booster worked... easy to see, easy to configure, didn't require a log-in, didn't require a Game to be running, never ever locked me out of in-game web links, always ran when I told it to & did not cause more game issues than it fixed.

I myself consider Razer Game Booster a spyware program, its the worst since Razer has started to modify the original program.

In my personal opinion I think that Gamebooster 3.4 is the best and its a good thing that I never deleted the installation file.

If for some reason anyone would like to acquire the 3.4 version can request it from me and I'll post it up for download.

Hello IOBIT why don't you take back Game Booster and bring it back to the way it was so we can enjoy it!!! Would'nt that be great guys!!!!

Hi Errol,

Many thanks for supporting our Game Booster.

Please kindly note that Razer Game Booster is not a spyware. And we do apologize that this program made you so unsatisfied.

Could you please tell us how Razer Game Booster modify your original program and what kind of program it modified so that we can check it clearly?

Thank you in advance.

Cicely thank you for your kind reply.

I'm sorry I said spyware its just me ranting and raving.

What I don't like about Razer GB is the signing up with an email account and each time you start Razer GB it keeps asking to sign in before it can boost your system for gaming. I don't really like that at all. Thats why I said its spyware because it seems to be monitoring what is happening or going on while you're gaming and I want my privacy.

My choice is preferably GB 3.4 which I'll stick with until you all fix that problem, I'm not going any further with this software. GB 3.4 has proven itself to me although I do like version 3.5 Beta but I intend to stick to what I have at present.

Can you all take back GB and do it the way you had it before without the sign up feature?

Thank you for this masterblaster!

Don't blame GB3.5 beta for this. You had your settings set to turn off automatic updates when you ran the boost. Because you already had it turned off, GB3 turned it back on as it should have done.

By simply unchecking this (checked by default), this would not have happened.

I agree with your comments about the new Razer version. I would guess that they are requiring registration in hopes of selling their other Razer stuff.

And a special thanks for your honesty on this:

GB 3.5 beta basically worked well and had the functionality I wanted. Great program.

RGB seemed to have stripped out a lot of the functionality I liked, rendering it unusable for me.

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

P.S. A personal thanks for continuing to post here MB!

Hi Errol,

Sorry for made you so unsatisfied. :oops:

Please feel assure that LOGIN with your email doesn’t mean that we will monitor what you are going to do with the program. Your privacy is fully protected.

And please note that there is a checkbox under the PASSWORD box which shows STAY LOGED IN. Please tick that when you log in, then you will automatically log in next time you use Game Booster.

What we are trying to do is to make this program better. And I have written down your concern and will let our program team know for consideration.

Your kindly understanding will be highly appreciated.

Totally agreed with you all, first impression when I found out Game Booster was update into 3.5.6 beta, I was totally impressed and I think in my head what new feature is coming up into this new version.

But, when I installed it, I was very disappointed, I was force to login into this version of Razor Game Booster, how about people that doesn't have internet connection and just play game offline ?

To make my post not very long, my other problem is like other people comment in this thread, hopefully Razer will do something with new version that will satisfied their user.

...how about people that doesn't have internet connection and just play game offline ?

My point exactly. I want to have GB to use without going online to sign in. Thats why I say that version 3.4 is the best so far for me. I don't have the privilege as many of you may have to be online 24/7 so thats one of my main reason for having GB not going online to sign in.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks masterblaster, your tip about unticking the disable automatic updates box solved the RGB lauching a bunch of weird programs i never use on exit.

Also like everyone here, dont like the online login. The first thing i thought was it should have an offline mode aswell, and be set to offline by default when you install RGB. Previous users of Game Booster would be far greater than current users of Razer products to make use of the cloud feature, so doesnt make sense having a mandatory login just for the program itself for everyone, so even if there were both options would make more sense for the default mode after installing and creating an account being offline mode. just my 2cents. On the plus side, do like the UI

Hi mhoppe,

To look into the issue, please kindly provide us details as follows:

Did the origin launched successfully when you tried to launch Battlefiled 3? If the origin did not launch, please check whether the origin works. If the origin launched successfully, did your Bf3 give you any message? And please kindly take a screenshot of it and send it to us.

If there is no message or notification, please set your origin be offline and try to launch Bf3 again to see how it works. If you can play Bf3 when your origin is offline, then the cause of the problem may be located in the browser settings.

Edit2: Have a bug report with the "Turn off Automatic Updates" feature. Unticking that doesnt seem to work the first time after restarting my system.

So first time i lauch a game after restarting it (W7 64bit) still get random programs launched upon exiting Game mode. Heres specifically what happens, and confirm it does it for every time i restart the system.

Open Office is launched

VLC Media Player is launched

and two error message popups appear

1) No suitable decoder module:

VLC does not support the audio or video format "undf". Unfortunately there is no way for you to fix this.

2) Intel PROSet/Wireless

This feature is not working correctly. Please re-install the feature using the Intel PROSet/Wireless installer, and then restart the software.

it also keeps turning windows sounds back on along with it. Who knows what else RGB is resetting on my system i havent discovered yet

• 1 month later...

Archived