Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Game Booster really defrag your hard drive? (solid state drive concern)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Game Booster really defrag your hard drive? (solid state drive concern)

I know... I know. Game Booster on a SSD, it's already super fast and stable. But I really like the process and service closing.

Been using Game Booster 3 for years. One thing I've noticed is that after boosting it mentions it defrags RAM, which is potentially a bad thing for SSD's. I don't have a SSD right now, but my old hard computer did and I'm planning on getting one to put in this new one. I've done some ggogling and apparently it doesn't actually defrag, but rather frees up the RAM. One old thread related to Game Booster 2 a dev said they were gonna change the wording to "frees up" or "releases" RAM, but it doesn't appear they ever actually did that seeing as it still says defrag in 3.

Anyway... seeing the word defrag really bothers me. Is Game Booster completely safe to use on a SSD?

I've noticed is that after boosting it mentions it defrags RAM
    Sorry but I never heard of anythingthat defrags a RAM. May I ask on how you were able to come up with that conclusion?

Comment

• Scannan
      Scannan commented
      Editing a comment
      Sauberlime
      Please read posts fully before you comment. The OP has stated that the word Defrag was used in error by Iobit, and the term "Free up Ram" is what is meant.

Hi PhoenixUnity,

Game Booster will not defrag your SSD. Besides, it is suggested to try the latest Razer Cortex from http://www.iobit.com/razercortex.php

Cheers.
    IObit Support Team --
    If you're happy with our products, please tell your friends, families and colleagues about IObit and IObit products! We'd be very grateful!

Comment

Originally posted by PhoenixUnity View Post
      I know... I know. Game Booster on a SSD, it's already super fast and stable. But I really like the process and service closing.

Been using Game Booster 3 for years. One thing I've noticed is that after boosting it mentions it defrags RAM, which is potentially a bad thing for SSD's. I don't have a SSD right now, but my old hard computer did and I'm planning on getting one to put in this new one. I've done some ggogling and apparently it doesn't actually defrag, but rather frees up the RAM. One old thread related to Game Booster 2 a dev said they were gonna change the wording to "frees up" or "releases" RAM, but it doesn't appear they ever actually did that seeing as it still says defrag in 3.

Anyway... seeing the word defrag really bothers me. Is Game Booster completely safe to use on a SSD?

Yeah, Game Booster is a really great tool when it comes to speed up the FPS [Foot Per Second] in online gaming. Because as you already know, when it comes to play any online FPS is a basic need for enjoying the gaming online.

Comment

Working...
      X