Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Keyboard Mute and Volume keys

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Keyboard Mute and Volume keys

    Hello, I am using GameBooster 1.1, there is something I noticed with Game Booster. When I go into game mode with the recommended services disabled, I cannot use the volume controls or mute on my multimedia keyboard, have tried more than one keyboard, its not the keyboard, game booster is disabling a required service and I'm not sure which one. DO NOT give me any suggestions other than if you no exactly what service it is!! (Vista Home Prem SP2).

  • #2
    Hi derek
    Would you please go into services (services.msc in Run) and from the toolbar generate and send the list of your services.
    Cheers
    solbjerg


    Originally posted by derekmski View Post
    Hello, I am using GameBooster 1.1, there is something I noticed with Game Booster. When I go into game mode with the recommended services disabled, I cannot use the volume controls or mute on my multimedia keyboard, have tried more than one keyboard, its not the keyboard, game booster is disabling a required service and I'm not sure which one. DO NOT give me any suggestions other than if you no exactly what service it is!! (Vista Home Prem SP2).
    太阳山 (solbjerg)
    Ceterum censeo Usage of IObit Products esse legendum
    (Furthermore I think that Usage of IObit Products must be read)
    Itemized subjects Table of content
    In relation to defragmentation Think about defragmentation
    Clean Install concept Clean Install
    Introduction to the Forum Forum Guidelines

    Comment


    • #3
      Apple Mobile Device
      Application Experience
      Application Information
      Application Layer Gateway Service
      AVG8 E-mail Scanner
      AVG8 Firewall
      AVG8 WatchDog
      AVGIDSAgent
      AVGIDSWatcher
      Background Intelligent Transfer Service
      Base Filtering Engine
      Bluetooth Support Service
      Bonjour Service
      Certificate Propagation
      CNG Key Isolation
      COM+ Event System
      COM+ System Application
      Computer Browser
      Creative Audio Service
      Cryptographic Services
      Cyberlink RichVideo Service(CRVS)
      DCOM Server Process Launcher
      Desktop Window Manager Session Manager
      DFS Replication
      DHCP Client
      Diagnostic Policy Service
      Diagnostic Service Host
      Diagnostic System Host
      Distributed Link Tracking Client
      Distributed Transaction Coordinator
      DNS Client
      Extensible Authentication Protocol
      FlipShare Service
      Function Discovery Provider Host
      Function Discovery Resource Publication
      Google Software Updater
      Google Update Service (gupdate1c9e509b9ec8cc0)
      Group Policy Client
      Health Key and Certificate Management
      Human Interface Device Access
      Iconix Update Service
      IKE and AuthIP IPsec Keying Modules
      InstallDriver Table Manager
      Interactive Services Detection
      Internet Connection Sharing (ICS)
      IP Helper
      iPod Service
      IPsec Policy Agent
      KtmRm for Distributed Transaction Coordinator
      LightScribeService Direct Disc Labeling Service
      Link-Layer Topology Discovery Mapper
      Microsoft .NET Framework NGEN v2.0.50727_X86
      Microsoft iSCSI Initiator Service
      Microsoft Office Diagnostics Service
      Microsoft Software Shadow Copy Provider
      Multimedia Class Scheduler
      Net.Tcp Port Sharing Service
      Netlogon
      Network Access Protection Agent
      Network Connections
      Network List Service
      Network Location Awareness
      Network Store Interface Service
      NMSAccessU
      NVIDIA Display Driver Service
      Office Source Engine
      Parental Controls
      Peer Name Resolution Protocol
      Peer Networking Grouping
      Peer Networking Identity Manager
      Performance Logs & Alerts
      Plug and Play
      PnkBstrA
      PnP-X IP Bus Enumerator
      PNRP Machine Name Publication Service
      Portable Device Enumerator Service
      Print Spooler
      Problem Reports and Solutions Control Panel Support
      Process Monitor
      Program Compatibility Assistant Service
      Protected Storage
      Quality Windows Audio Video Experience
      ReadyBoost
      Remote Access Auto Connection Manager
      Remote Access Connection Manager
      Remote Procedure Call (RPC)
      Remote Procedure Call (RPC) Locator
      Remote Registry
      Routing and Remote Access
      Sandboxie Service
      SBSD Security Center Service
      Secondary Logon
      Secure Socket Tunneling Protocol Service
      Security Accounts Manager
      Security Center
      Server
      Shell Hardware Detection
      SL UI Notification Service
      Smart Card
      Smart Card Removal Policy
      SNMP Trap
      Software Licensing
      SSDP Discovery
      Superfetch
      System Event Notification Service
      Tablet PC Input Service
      Task Scheduler
      TCP/IP NetBIOS Helper
      TeamViewer 4
      Telephony
      Terminal Services
      Terminal Services Configuration
      Themes
      Thread Ordering Server
      TPM Base Services
      UPnP Device Host
      User Profile Service
      Virtual Disk
      Volume Shadow Copy
      WebClient
      Windows Audio
      Windows Audio Endpoint Builder
      Windows Backup
      Windows CardSpace
      Windows Color System
      Windows Connect Now - Config Registrar
      Windows Defender
      Windows Driver Foundation - User-mode Driver Framework
      Windows Error Reporting Service
      Windows Event Collector
      Windows Event Log
      Windows Firewall
      Windows Image Acquisition (WIA)
      Windows Installer
      Windows Management Instrumentation
      Windows Media Center Extender Service
      Windows Media Center Receiver Service
      Windows Media Center Scheduler Service
      Windows Media Center Service Launcher
      Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service
      Windows Modules Installer
      Windows Presentation Foundation Font Cache 3.0.0.0
      Windows Remote Management (WS-Management)
      Windows Search
      Windows Time
      Windows Update
      WinHTTP Web Proxy Auto-Discovery Service
      Wired AutoConfig
      WLAN AutoConfig
      WMI Performance Adapter
      Workstation
      Last edited by derekmski; Jun. 18th, 2009, 15:10. Reason: messed up

      Comment


      • #4
        This is all of my services.

        Comment


        • #5
          Thank you derek!
          Alas the service settings is not shown.
          You should be able to send a list with all the information, possibly you will have to zip it first and then attach it.
          Unfortunately I run XP, therefore I am not familiar with Vista.
          Perhaps someone else in the forum will take over from here.
          But I will try to look into it anyway by finding a Vista service setting guide on the net.
          Could you also provide a list of the services listed for optimizing - playing-wise in Game Booster?
          I do not play and my computer is with a Danish install.
          Cheers
          solbjerg

          Originally posted by derekmski View Post
          This is all of my services.
          太阳山 (solbjerg)
          Ceterum censeo Usage of IObit Products esse legendum
          (Furthermore I think that Usage of IObit Products must be read)
          Itemized subjects Table of content
          In relation to defragmentation Think about defragmentation
          Clean Install concept Clean Install
          Introduction to the Forum Forum Guidelines

          Comment


          • #6
            Hi derek
            I found three that may have something to do with your missing sound

            DCOM Server Process Launcher
            Function Discovery Provider Host

            Multimedia Class Scheduler

            Try setting those to automatic one by one to find out which one takes away your sound and settings

            In your list I have marked some bold-red that also may have something to do with it, but that is just a guess.
            You could try experimenting with those setting one by one to try to find the ones that make your computer behave as you want it to.
            Cheers
            solbjerg



            Originally posted by derekmski View Post
            Apple Mobile Device
            Application Experience
            Application Information
            Application Layer Gateway Service
            AVG8 E-mail Scanner
            AVG8 Firewall
            AVG8 WatchDog
            AVGIDSAgent
            AVGIDSWatcher
            Background Intelligent Transfer Service
            Base Filtering Engine
            Bluetooth Support Service
            Bonjour Service
            Certificate Propagation
            CNG Key Isolation
            COM+ Event System
            COM+ System Application
            Computer Browser
            Creative Audio Service
            Cryptographic Services
            Cyberlink RichVideo Service(CRVS)
            DCOM Server Process Launcher
            Desktop Window Manager Session Manager
            DFS Replication
            DHCP Client
            Diagnostic Policy Service
            Diagnostic Service Host
            Diagnostic System Host
            Distributed Link Tracking Client
            Distributed Transaction Coordinator
            DNS Client
            Extensible Authentication Protocol
            FlipShare Service
            Function Discovery Provider Host
            Function Discovery Resource Publication
            Google Software Updater
            Google Update Service (gupdate1c9e509b9ec8cc0)
            Group Policy Client
            Health Key and Certificate Management
            Human Interface Device Access
            Iconix Update Service
            IKE and AuthIP IPsec Keying Modules
            InstallDriver Table Manager
            Interactive Services Detection
            Internet Connection Sharing (ICS)
            IP Helper
            iPod Service
            IPsec Policy Agent
            KtmRm for Distributed Transaction Coordinator
            LightScribeService Direct Disc Labeling Service
            Link-Layer Topology Discovery Mapper
            Microsoft .NET Framework NGEN v2.0.50727_X86
            Microsoft iSCSI Initiator Service
            Microsoft Office Diagnostics Service
            Microsoft Software Shadow Copy Provider
            Multimedia Class Scheduler
            Net.Tcp Port Sharing Service
            Netlogon
            Network Access Protection Agent
            Network Connections
            Network List Service
            Network Location Awareness
            Network Store Interface Service
            NMSAccessU
            NVIDIA Display Driver Service
            Office Source Engine
            Parental Controls
            Peer Name Resolution Protocol
            Peer Networking Grouping
            Peer Networking Identity Manager
            Performance Logs & Alerts
            Plug and Play
            PnkBstrA
            PnP-X IP Bus Enumerator
            PNRP Machine Name Publication Service
            Portable Device Enumerator Service
            Print Spooler
            Problem Reports and Solutions Control Panel Support
            Process Monitor
            Program Compatibility Assistant Service
            Protected Storage
            Quality Windows Audio Video Experience
            ReadyBoost
            Remote Access Auto Connection Manager
            Remote Access Connection Manager
            Remote Procedure Call (RPC)
            Remote Procedure Call (RPC) Locator
            Remote Registry
            Routing and Remote Access
            Sandboxie Service
            SBSD Security Center Service
            Secondary Logon
            Secure Socket Tunneling Protocol Service
            Security Accounts Manager
            Security Center
            Server
            Shell Hardware Detection
            SL UI Notification Service
            Smart Card
            Smart Card Removal Policy
            SNMP Trap
            Software Licensing
            SSDP Discovery
            Superfetch
            System Event Notification Service
            Tablet PC Input Service
            Task Scheduler
            TCP/IP NetBIOS Helper
            TeamViewer 4
            Telephony
            Terminal Services
            Terminal Services Configuration
            Themes
            Thread Ordering Server
            TPM Base Services
            UPnP Device Host
            User Profile Service
            Virtual Disk
            Volume Shadow Copy
            WebClient
            Windows Audio
            Windows Audio Endpoint Builder
            Windows Backup
            Windows CardSpace
            Windows Color System
            Windows Connect Now - Config Registrar
            Windows Defender
            Windows Driver Foundation - User-mode Driver Framework
            Windows Error Reporting Service
            Windows Event Collector
            Windows Event Log
            Windows Firewall
            Windows Image Acquisition (WIA)
            Windows Installer
            Windows Management Instrumentation
            Windows Media Center Extender Service
            Windows Media Center Receiver Service
            Windows Media Center Scheduler Service
            Windows Media Center Service Launcher
            Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service
            Windows Modules Installer
            Windows Presentation Foundation Font Cache 3.0.0.0
            Windows Remote Management (WS-Management)
            Windows Search
            Windows Time
            Windows Update
            WinHTTP Web Proxy Auto-Discovery Service
            Wired AutoConfig
            WLAN AutoConfig
            WMI Performance Adapter
            Workstation
            太阳山 (solbjerg)
            Ceterum censeo Usage of IObit Products esse legendum
            (Furthermore I think that Usage of IObit Products must be read)
            Itemized subjects Table of content
            In relation to defragmentation Think about defragmentation
            Clean Install concept Clean Install
            Introduction to the Forum Forum Guidelines

            Comment


            • #7
              I figured out the problem, and decided to share it with everybody, none of those other ones you suggested worked. It was the "Human Interface Device Access" service that was being disabled by game booster and preventing the volume controls from not working. I unchecked this, IOBIT needs to remove that from the "unnecessary service list" because it is necessary. Thanks for the help!

              Comment


              • #8
                great derek!
                Will undoubtedly be of assitance to other users. Thanks!

                Cheers
                solbjerg
                p.s. but some may need those extra resources to run a game on their machine

                Originally posted by derekmski View Post
                I figured out the problem, and decided to share it with everybody, none of those other ones you suggested worked. It was the "Human Interface Device Access" service that was being disabled by game booster and preventing the volume controls from not working. I unchecked this, IOBIT needs to remove that from the "unnecessary service list" because it is necessary. Thanks for the help!
                太阳山 (solbjerg)
                Ceterum censeo Usage of IObit Products esse legendum
                (Furthermore I think that Usage of IObit Products must be read)
                Itemized subjects Table of content
                In relation to defragmentation Think about defragmentation
                Clean Install concept Clean Install
                Introduction to the Forum Forum Guidelines

                Comment


                • #9
                  On Game Booster 3.2, not only does this box need to be unchecked, but so does explorer.exe. Not sure if it was designed like that, but it was an interesting problem to say the least.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X