IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Can't run IMF and Uninstaller from my USB drive

I'm on an old computer with a small hard drive. I prefer not to install any new programs or updates on it. I'm pretty unhappy that IObit products install to my C drive without asking me. Nearly all other companies' products give me a Browse option with which I can choose another option.

I have used the Move to Folder command to move IObit Malware Fighter and IObit Uninstaller to my much larger external hard drive F. IMF will appear in Process Explorer for 30 seconds or less and disappear. This is even after I edited the registry to change IMF references from C to F. IObit Uninstaller will appear in Process Explorer and remain indefinitely, but the GUI never comes up.

It seems as though these two programs are coded to only run from C:\Program Files. Please change that. If that's not the case please tell me how to fix these problems.

And please add the option to choose whatever destination we please in the installation.

IObit Uninstaller 4.3.0.122

IObit Malware Fighter (free) 2.5.0.8

Computer: Dell System B3 Desktop

CPU: Intel Pentium 4-2667 (Northwood, D1)

2666 MHz (20.00x133.3) @ 2657 MHz (20.00x132.9)

Motherboard: DELL 0G1548

Chipset: Intel 845GEV (Brookdale-GEV) + ICH4

Memory: 2048 MBytes @ 166 MHz, 2.5-3-3-7

- 1024 MB PC3200 DDR-SDRAM - Kingston K

Graphics: Intel 82845G/GL/GV Graphics Controller [DELL]

Intel i845G(L) Integrated, 64 MB

Drive: ST380011A, 78.1 GB, E-IDE (ATA-6)

Drive: HGST HTS545050A7E380, 488.4 GB, Serial ATA 3Gb/s <-> USB

Drive: SAMSUNG CD-R/RW SW-252S, CD-R Writer

Sound: Creative Technology SB Live! Series Audio Processor

Network: RealTek Semiconductor RTL8139 PCI Fast Ethernet NIC [A/B/C]

Network: Broadcom 4401 10/100 Integrated Controller

Hi conceptualclarity,

IObit Uninstaller can be installed and work on external drivers such as your USB.

When you install IObit Uninstaller as attached, please click Custom button to select the location you want to install.

Moving folders may cause some problems so we don't recommend. Please re-install to see how it works.

But sorry to tell you that you can not install IObit Malware Fighter on your external drivers, for IObit Malware Fighter does not have a portable version.

Well, I will report your feedbacks to our product team for consideration and continue to make improvements.

Welcome more your feedbacks and suggestions.

Archived