IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Guerilla Sales Tactics Used When I Renewed - Still No Renewal Email Sent

KylieSabra

I renewed my ASC8 today at 11:30 am $21.99 for 3 licenses. I never received my activation email. I clicked on the phone icon on the right and was directed to what ended up being a nightmare situation. She took control of my computer assuring me that I would be able to take it back any time I was uncomfortable (WRONG). I asked why she needed control of my PC to get my license renewal sent to me. She went to check my email. Then she yelled at me (SERIOUSLY!) "Where's the email. You have no email from us." Duh. That's why I called. I had also put in the old email thinking they had sent the new activation license there. I asked them to resend it. They did, but it was the old, expired code. So she finds this, highlights it and yells at me again. "Well no wonder! It's expired." I reminded her again the reason I called was because I had just paid and not received my new activation code. She just kept highlighting. And saying, "It's expired."

THEN she took control and began running diagnostics and telling me how my computer is in horrid condition. Funny. I've been running Iobit on it for the past year. Isn't that what it's for? She tried to sell me "Advanced Technical Support" for $249. To say anything at all, I would have to scream into the phone. She would just talk louder while running amok all over my PC. There was no way to stop her. She fought me for control of my PC as I sought to shut it down. I won. The only way I could end the process was to shut down the computer, with her screaming in my ear the entire time and working more furiously. I have no idea what she may have done to my PC. I do know I am out $21.99 with no product delivery.

I've read the forums about similar issues, but they say it resulted from these people contacting us directly, but nooooo. This was a click right on the Iobit website.

My questions?

Who is this person I ended up talking with after clicking on a telephone link on the Iobit website--if not Iobit?

Why does Iobit not have email or phone support for their products.

Why is there clear way to contact the company to resolve issues.

Where is my product!

I am not happy. fyi Next step is to complain to PC Magazine, C-Net and more if I do not get resolution within the next 48 hours.

Hi KylieSabra

I am very sorry to see that you have had such a bad experience. It just should not have happened.

You are correct that similar issues have occurred for other users. Sadly, despite all efforts to get a definitive response and solution from Iobit, none has been received so far.

I sincerely hope that your issue will be addressed and solved and something will be done to prevent this from happening again.

Unfortunately, there is nothing I or the members of the forum, can do to solve this. Only Iobit can.

However, unless Iobit now address this issue and take positive steps to resolve it, I will no longer recommend their products, and will advise all my associates and contacts to avoid the products, until I am assured that this issue is resolved.

Thank you Scannan. My husband and I have been reading your posts. It seems you sincerely have done more than most would to encourage the company to fix this issue. To date: No response from Iobit. IN the morning ( if I still do not have satisfaction from Iobit) I will begin a negative campaign. BTW Iobit, I have more than 15 thousand Twitter followers. I'm sure they will be interested in hearing this. I'm working on my blog post now :) I suppose I can write of the $21.xx as a loss, but I will have satisfaction -- in one form or another. After all, the pen is mightier than the sword.

Thank you Scannan. My husband and I have been reading your posts. It seems you sincerely have done more than most would to encourage the company to fix this issue. To date: No response from Iobit. IN the morning ( if I still do not have satisfaction from Iobit) I will begin a negative campaign. BTW Iobit, I have more than 15 thousand Twitter followers. I'm sure they will be interested in hearing this. I'm working on my blog post now :) I suppose I can write of the $21.xx as a loss, but I will have satisfaction -- in one form or another. After all, the pen is mightier than the sword.

Thank you. I appreciate your support. The sad part is that it is a really good product. I use it all the time. I cannot understand why the support system has completely broken down. I suppose I m hoping that we will go back to the user friendly format which made this a great forum and a great product.

The renewal was finally processed with Cicely's help. it was not resolved fully until Tuesday. I placed the order the previous Thursday. She was very helpful in getting the problems fixed. My single issue is that part of the original email from Iobit sent as an apology for their partners tactics bothers me. It seem mechanical and was the same verbiage I've seen on the forum regarding this "partner". I can't help but believe that this partner is causing them lost business and can't imagine why they would keep such a partnership. I'm not sure I will renew again next year. Thank you, Cicely for at least getting my up and running.

@Kylie Sabra

Glad to hear that the renewal issue at least was resolved for you.

I agree fully with your assessment regarding the "Iobit Partner"....it appears that every time this issue appears, that it is given only token attention and basically brushed under the carpet.

I also think this Partner is bad for business, and I find it difficult to understand why Iobit allows it to operate in this very unprofessional and suspect manner.

In fact it is very disturbing that there was absolutely no comment/reply from Iobit to this Topic.

Hi KylieSabra,

Sorry for my late reply. But it seems that there is something wrong with the forum, for I remembered that I replied your post when you just posted. Perhaps I did not post successfully. I should check it carefully, sorry again.

1-855-491-2547 is the phone number of tech support provided by our partner. It is just an option for those who do not know how to activate the Pro version.If you know how to register, you do not need to call for help. If you did not get your license code, you can get help from http://www.iobit.com/en/faq.php

As our new partner, the new technical support team may not know our products deeply. Thus, they may not help our user correctly. We surely will ask them to improve their service. In this situation, we'd like to investigate this issue so that we will re-evaluate their performance. Please tell us your phone number that used to call 1-855-491-2547. So that we can also locate the agent who did this bad practice.

And I resent your license code for ASC Pro by PM again. Please check it.

Looking forward to hearing from you

Archived