IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

New to Obit - Are Registry Cleaners Safe?

Downandlocked

Hi,

I am new here and am using Advanced System Cleaner free for the first time. I recently deleted several programs on my PC (Microsoft Flight Sim X and several addons) in order to install a new version. The problem is that many of the addons were not in the Windows Install / Uninstall list and had to be manually removed. Several posts in forums recommend using a registry cleaner to make sure all remnants of the programs were removed to allow a fresh install of the new software. ASC was also recommended in a post. Is the registry cleaner in ASC 9.1 safe to use and is it what I need to clean my registry and system of leftover parts of removed files? I had heard that registry cleaners can also remove good files while removing junk files. Thanks. Tom

You may follow these steps:

1.) uncheck it

2.) learn more about the Windows registry

3.) use an appropriate backup software ( ERUNT for example)

4.) now you can check it again

_____

BTW

Be careful when you delete program remnants automatically

(remember also the program dependencies)!

Archived