IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Ongoing Battle With Malwarebytes

chrisban35

Today, I received another update from my Malwarebytes, and once again, it picked up all your files as potential unwanted files. There's a saga here that's playing out and I wanted to inform you, and the forum here, that I voiced my opinion in their forum once again about "deliberately" including your files in their filter system.

Anyway, I think it's time they get pulled onto the carpet and start having some pressure applied to them.

I've included a snapshot of my post in their forums....

• 2 weeks later...

This is what I just posted on the MalwareBytes forum at: https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/228094-iobit-battle-and-drama/

There is no way that MalwareBytes is not using the thinnest of reasons, spurred on by vengeance, to keep disrupting IOBit Advanced SystemCare (ASC) and Advanced SystemCare Ultimate (ASCU) installs on our PCs. They are singling out these products because of the Court battle they lost some time ago. They themselves are acting as malware when they are continually looking for ways around the exclusions you set in their program to continue to isolate, block or quarantine parts of ASC/ASCU. Every Time I install ASC/ASCU and MalwareBytes (MBAM) on a Clients PC, I have to Install MBAM first, disable Real-time protection, Install ASC/ASCU then set up all the "*\IOBit" folder exclusions for where ASC/ASCU files are installed, run an MBAM scan so that I can add all the ASC/ASCU registry keys, Task Scheduler tasks and shortcuts in folders I don't want to exclude (desktop, startmenu, etc). Then I'm usually sweet until ASC/ASCU next upgrades to a newer version.

After an upgrade, MBAM used to only quarantine new shortcuts in the folders not excluded (desktop, startmenu, etc) and the occasional new Registry key. ASC/ASCU could continue to work without these shortcuts and I could easily instruct my clients to restore the shortcut from MBAM's quarantine. It is still a hassle and with dozens and dozens of PCs to have to do this with usually during a monthly maintenance check or a call from the client about a popup message.

Now MBAM is quarantining the Definition downloader file that runs from the %TEMP% to prevent ASC/ASCU from updating definitions. I restored one of the 17 quarantined downloader files ""C:\Users\stationary\AppData\Local\Temp\is-ASA1P.tmp\DownConfig.exe"" and submitted it to Virus Total and only 4 of the 67 virus engines reported it (MalwareBytes, DrWeb, Cylance & EGambit). Not sure if they are in cahoots with MBAM, subscribe to some common definitions or have some legitimate concerns. The others may provide a way to exclude ASC/ASCU E.g.

From: https://forum.drweb.com/index.php?showtopic=323196&hl=iobit

Posted 25 November 2015 - 22:17

Dr. Web (CureIt) considers IObit as a potentially unwanted program, not a virus, because IObit misuse can cause serious problems. You may add IObit in the exceptions list of SpiderGuard/Scanner, if it bothers you.

I like both programs for their abilities but MBAM should respect my judgment on what programs , including PUPs, I want to keep on my PC if I exclude them

We should try to bring this MalwareBytes/IOBit saga to an end. I propose that we draft a letter to both parties pointing out what we see as their bad behaviour (e.g. MalwareBytes' specific targeting of ASC, IOBit's ad Popups for the free software bundled with the paid versions - like IOBit Uninstaller) and if they don't hash this out within a set period of time, we will draft a facebook, twitter, etc post and encourage all users to put the posts out on their social media. The Posts should warn all potential new users, of either product that refuses to make adjustments, to stay away from it and to pass it on to all their followers. It won't take long for it to hit their bottom line!!

Archived