IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Language files for Start Menu 8 v1, v2, v3 & v4

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

The application is still in beta, but I think it is possible to "fool" the program.

Copy the existing English.lng and place it temporarily on your desktop and rename it to OriginalEnglish.lng

Copy the content of your translated file and paste it in the folder in the application called English.lng (remember to mark up all the previous content first.)

That worked for me with another IObit program in similar circumstances some years ago.

Cheers

solbjerg

Can somebody tell me how to change language?

I put the lng file into C:\Program Files (x86)\IObit\StartMenu8\Language

Translate Chinese Tradition

Turkish language file for StartMenu8 Beta 2.0

Please find attached Turkish language file Turkish_b2.lng for StartMenu8 Beta 2.0

Rename it to Turkish.lng and copy and paste it to the following folder:

C:\Program Files\IObit\StartMenu8\Language

Enjoy it! :wink:

Cheers.

Hi

I have counted the words that needs to be translated in StartMenu and it comes out as less the <76 as far as I can see.

Quite an easy job I think :-) (15-30 minutes perhaps all in all)

Cheers

solbjerg

Piece of cake...! :wink:

Here´s the Swedish language file attached.

Hi eson

Edit: Sorry!! I must have used ver 1 beta for the counting of words.

In version beta 2 there are 251 words - still an easy job, but not as easy as I said - sorry! Cheers solbjerg

Hi eson

Edit: Sorry!! I must have used ver 1 beta for the counting of words.

In version beta 2 there are 251 words - still an easy job, but not as easy as I said - sorry! Cheers solbjerg

Hi solbjerg!

In my opinion, it´s not the amount of words or strings that makes translating software difficult. It all depends on the English referent file. Correct English - no problems... bad English - big difficulties. Of course it also depends on the translators English skills, and knowledge of the software subject, but most important is the English language file.

This is my personal experience after more than 200 software translations (see my website).

//eson

Hi eson

Knowing the program and where the strings fit in is in my opinion more important than if the English text is precisely correct. The important thing is that the translation conveys the correct meaning, in my opinion, not if a specific word is translated in accordance with a dictionary. :-)

Sometimes the sentence structure or the spelling and even sometimes the use of a wrong word illustrates that the English text is written by Chinese programmers. :-)

Years ago I sent an English translation file to IObit to try to correct the obvious errors in the original file, but I am not sure that they used it. :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s. There is a difference in the amount of work required if you have to translate 250 word or if you have to translate 21.000 words. It is not more difficult - but it takes a longer time. :-)

Hi solbjerg!

In my opinion, it´s not the amount of words or strings that makes translating software difficult. It all depends on the English referent file. Correct English - no problems... bad English - big difficulties. Of course it also depends on the translators English skills, and knowledge of the software subject, but most important is the English language file.

This is my personal experience after more than 200 software translations (see my website).

//eson

Dutch translation of StartMenu8 2.0

Just seen there was an Dutch translation already.

Sorry mised that! :shock:

But now I made a translation as well so if you wanna use it...

Be my guest!

Oke voor de Nederlands onder ons...

Ik zie net pas dat er al een Nederlandse vertaling was, oke misschien heb ik het dan voor niets gedaan maar gebruik mijn vertaling (of niet)

Ik heb het graag gedaan!