X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uninstall

I have been attempting to uninstall Advanced SystemCare6 and Smart Defrag2 but even though they appear to be uninstalled within Windows7 Uninstall system, they are both still present within my Windows Browser and I cannot delete the files as they say they are being used in another program and to close the program. I cannot find any program running these programs. The IOBIT programs seem to have taken over my computer in fact two computer and will not fully uninstall. I have used regedit to remove their remnants and even there, I cannot delete their files. What am I to do??? This puzzles me a great deal and I would like to get any and all of the IOBIT programs off of my computers permanently. Please advise.

RHartsook

Hi rhartsock
    A socalled "normal" uninstall in Windows does not remove all remnants of a program. Especially not if some automatic functions of the program aren't stopped before doing the uninstall.
    p.s. take a look at the other posts in the forum that discusses this subject, please.
    Cheers
    solbjerg

Originally posted by rhartsook View Post
    I have been attempting to uninstall Advanced SystemCare6 and Smart Defrag2 but even though they appear to be uninstalled within Windows7 Uninstall system, they are both still present within my Windows Browser and I cannot delete the files as they say they are being used in another program and to close the program. I cannot find any program running these programs. The IOBIT programs seem to have taken over my computer in fact two computer and will not fully uninstall. I have used regedit to remove their remnants and even there, I cannot delete their files. What am I to do??? This puzzles me a great deal and I would like to get any and all of the IOBIT programs off of my computers permanently. Please advise.

RHartsook
    太阳山 (solbjerg)
    Ceterum censeo Usage of IObit Products esse legendum
    (Furthermore I think that Usage of IObit Products must be read)
    Itemized subjects Table of content
    In relation to defragmentation Think about defragmentation
    Clean Install concept Clean Install
    Introduction to the Forum Forum Guidelines

Comment

Working...
    X