IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

How To Uninstall Iobit Toolbar

Really great samr!!!

Quite easy!!

Cheers

solbjerg

For those who wish to un-install Iobit toolbar, all you have to do is go to:

program files-Iobit.com-& click on UNWISE.EXE to start the install tool. Just select to un-install & it will be removed.

samr.

• 1 month later...

See if you have this file.

Welcome here Vakayaker!

Just to confirm this is the Iobit toolbar by Conduit you are removing, not the Yahoo one?

Mozilla firefox users used a different method to remove it... Are you running firefox?

Do you have this file?

C:\Program Files\IObit.com\unins000.exe

I used Revo uninstaller to get rid of mine, Use the Advanced method if you do this.

Please post back with results!

Another poster here did it this way:

demitris

IObit Golden Fans

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi zLeed

relax , take your time and read my instructions.

Toolbars by Conduit Co. come with a uninstaller called unwise but unfortunately can not open (i don't know why) and so it's immpossible to uninstall it through the usual proceedures (no uninstaller can do it)

I uninstalled many toolbars by conduit and the last time i did it , it is two days ago.

a) Open Explorer by right-click at START button

b) Check in c:\ProgramFiles\IObit here u will find the files for the Toolbar by Conduit (u will see UNWISE,EXE file i think.....If u see IObit-Toolbardon't be fooled it's CONDUIT toolbar.

Delete Folders and files relative to toolbar.

c) check in c:\ProgramData...and other FOLDERS whether u can find anything connected to iobit-toolbar or conuit-toolbar

d)Press START and write regedit in search-box press enterang give permission.

e)here u see a TREE-DIAGRAM like Explorer's one

Move to the top and pull-down EDIT

f)choose FIND and insert conduit

g) check the entry it finds, be sure it is for conduit toolbar and then RIGHTCLICK on it (ON IT)

h) choose DELETE and give permission

i) Pull-down EDIT and choose FIND NEXT

j) Repeat steps g-h-i

U can repeat the whole process by inserting IOBit-toolbar and EXIT

NOTE If you are not experienced don't follow the proceedure since a mistake in REGISTRY can be fatal and then u will have to use restore

If u can create a restore point and/or REGISTRY back-up before the proceedure itis better

cheers

"Μέτρον άριστον" =Moderation is the best thing phil. Cleobulus of Lindus 600 - 530 b.c.

"Το μη χείρον βέλτιστον" = What it is not worse, it is optimal

• 1 month later...

No more advertising links

KiethJohn, I removed the link in your post.

I had previously removed the link you had in your Signature, so now you have hidden your Signature and are putting links in your posts.

Do not test me on this !

All the best, woz of oz

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

It is Conduit (follow the homepage of the tool bar).

I (paying customer using current patch Vista and Firefox 3.5.4) have sent IObit quite a few detailed descriptions of the issue over the past 48 hours:

#1. “toolbar” installed w/o my request

#2. their instructions, and Firefoxs/Tools/Add-On/Uninstall do not work

#3. ccleaner, spybot, and Malwarebytes do not recognize it

#4. it’s using a stripped down version of google for searches, so it’s a hijacker as well.

#5. it has turned on a remote server installer as well - hijacker.

Right now, my two best bets seem to be an edit of the Registry or copy the firefox settings/bookmarks using Mozbackup - and then edit the contents to remove this spyware.

I am able to get some relief by turning off all the options in Add-On, and choosing Disable.

They have sent me two bland, and utterly worthless responses so far. There are dozens of people on the web that are livid. The number will grow.

Link Removed - Advertising is not allowed - Banning offense

New Spam Policy

KiethJohn, you posted exactly the same post you have posted more than 2 months ago, and put the links to your signature again.

This is your last chance.

Have a great First of April. http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=4750&stc=1&d=1270081765

• 7 months later...

This worked for me...using Windows 7.

Start Firefox by right clicking the icon in the start menu (not on the task bar at the bottom of the screen) and select "Run as administrator".

After Firefox starts, go to Tools, select Add-ons. This will bring up all the add-ons you have on Firefox, one of which will be the IOBit toolbar.

Click to uninstall. DO NOT RESTART YOUR COMPUTER!!!!!

Close Firefox by using the X in the upper right hand side.

Again go to the Firefox icon in the start menu and select "Run as administrator". Start Firefox, select Tools, select Add-ons....the IOBit toolbar will be gone.

You can now close Firefox and restart it as you normally would.

Hope this helps.:mrgreen:

Hi everyone,

Forget all the above. No, I better re-edit, that so not to offend.

Here is an alternative:

Clean and a simple program. ***://www.ursoftware.com/?ref=AboutBox

There seems a bit of frustration in the tread! Easy no fuss program uninstall, I mean anything!

Not free but at least try it.

Mr Been

• 1 year later...

What about the iobit toolbar that is from Spiogt NOT Conduit. How do one remove that one ,and is safe to just uninstll it from control panel's add and remove. Some people on the web say Spigot is bad.

So waht is the best safe and easy way to remove without any problems aftreward say like restarting the computer and so on. I would think IF there are any problems it be a case by case. NOT eveyone is going have the same kind of problem and how bad is it and what it does to their computer.

So what is a safe and easy way for people that are NOT tech savvy and ONLY understand the basics.

Hi syndicate

If you have Iobit Uninstaller I would suggest that you open that program and choose from the menu "Toolbar", - select the toolbar(s) you want to get rid of and uninstall those.

If it is installed you should be able to find it in Start/Programs/Uninstall programs.

The application is also present in ASC/Toolbox/IObit Uninstaller

Cheers

solbjerg

What about the iobit toolbar that is from Spiogt NOT Conduit. How do one remove that one ,and is safe to just uninstll it from control panel's add and remove. Some people on the web say Spigot is bad.

So waht is the best safe and easy way to remove without any problems aftreward say like restarting the computer and so on. I would think IF there are any problems it be a case by case. NOT eveyone is going have the same kind of problem and how bad is it and what it does to their computer.

So what is a safe and easy way for people that are NOT tech savvy and ONLY understand the basics.

Archived