IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Just a bit curious about all the typos...

Hello, IObit developers! First off, I love the programs you guys make, but I do have one quality concern question. What is up with leaving typos in your software upon release? I know of one straight off the top of my head, in IObit Uninstaller.

"Create a restorepoint here and you can..." is the one that pops up in my head the most. And then I looked at the screen for Game Booster V2, and it said "Treaks" instead of "Tweaks". Plus, a lot of the announcements in ASC are grammatically horrendous. Like I said, I love your products, but I'd like to see some polish on the language used for the programs.

P.S. Sorry for being such a grammar snob.

Hi Foxgear

Considering that almost all the staff is Chinese I find the mistakes and the grammar surprisingly acceptable.

For yourself you have the option to go into the language file and correct bad syntax and spelling. Once you have perfected it you can send the file to IObit - and they may then adopt it. At least you will not have to live with the bad spelling and syntax in your own interfaces in the programs.

Even after several proof-readings in ones own language there may be errors - I have seen that very often - even from the best publishing houses. :-)

But it is fine to make IObit aware that some errors exists!!

Thank you!

Cheers

solbjerg

Hello, IObit developers! First off, I love the programs you guys make, but I do have one quality concern question. What is up with leaving typos in your software upon release? I know of one straight off the top of my head, in IObit Uninstaller.

"Create a restorepoint here and you can..." is the one that pops up in my head the most. And then I looked at the screen for Game Booster V2, and it said "Treaks" instead of "Tweaks". Plus, a lot of the announcements in ASC are grammatically horrendous. Like I said, I love your products, but I'd like to see some polish on the language used for the programs.

P.S. Sorry for being such a grammar snob.

• 8 years later...

Foxgear, Yes I agree and your right to pick it up. There are good edit programs about such as this one I am using now Grammarly.

Solbjerg. You are also correct in your summing up. But if you want to encourage people to use this Blog I suggest we don't criticise each other?

At least not too harshly

Archived