IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Registry Fixes; Continued Problems Reported

I have the 3.7.3 version of Free Advanced System Care. Running the Maintain Windows , Registry fix feature, I noticed that repeatedly executing this function is showing (supposedly ) new errors after having just completed the previous scan and repair cycle. It seems odd to me, to see any new errors on pass 2, pass 3 and even pass 4 of the same Registry fix, within seconds of each other. Why would these registry 'problems' not have been fixed on pass 1? or even on pass 2? Pass 1 showed 45 Registry errors, though I had run the Registry scan/fix just yesterday and all was clean. Seems very high count in less than 24 hours to me; I asked the program to fix them, which it said it completed without any indication of problems. Then I ran pass 2, of the Registry Fix within 3-4 seconds just to confirm all was clean. 2 problems found, and again fixed. Then on Pass 3, another 2 errors found/ repaired. Pass 4, the same scenario, 2 errors again reported.

Perhaps the errors are not being fully fixed, and thus the repeat reoccurrance? Would this mean some errors can be identified but then not repaired by the (free) tool? I am interested in feedback as to how this scenario would repeat. Thanks

Hi Will

Please read Thinking about defragmemtation

During a defragmentation there may be files or part of files in use, they are not tampered with during the defrag.

Furthermore there may be references to fragments that will be obsolete after the first pass of the defragmentation

Additionally it could be that the running of the defrag leaves a log of the action which will be obsolete just after the moment it is created.

Finally a few fragments doesn't matter speedwise - I read somewhere that the response time is rising more steeply afterr 3% fragmentation.

But we arer still talking milliseconds 0,00x second - the human senses first picks this up when the delay becomes about 100 times slower than this.

Cheers

solbjerg

I have the 3.7.3 version of Free Advanced System Care. Running the Maintain Windows , Registry fix feature, I noticed that repeatedly executing this function is showing (supposedly ) new errors after having just completed the previous scan and repair cycle. It seems odd to me, to see any new errors on pass 2, pass 3 and even pass 4 of the same Registry fix, within seconds of each other. Why would these registry 'problems' not have been fixed on pass 1? or even on pass 2? Pass 1 showed 45 Registry errors, though I had run the Registry scan/fix just yesterday and all was clean. Seems very high count in less than 24 hours to me; I asked the program to fix them, which it said it completed without any indication of problems. Then I ran pass 2, of the Registry Fix within 3-4 seconds just to confirm all was clean. 2 problems found, and again fixed. Then on Pass 3, another 2 errors found/ repaired. Pass 4, the same scenario, 2 errors again reported.

Perhaps the errors are not being fully fixed, and thus the repeat reoccurrance? Would this mean some errors can be identified but then not repaired by the (free) tool? I am interested in feedback as to how this scenario would repeat. Thanks

During a defragmentation there may be files or part of files in use, they are not tampered with during the defrag.

True, but I think he's asking about Registry Errors, not file fragmentation.

Doesn't IObit Registry-fix utility Also fix Structural errors ?

That's confusing since there appears to be 2 utilities in ASC:

one called Registry-Fix

& one called Registry-Defrag (which is also supposed to fix structural errors?)

Are they the same utility :?: Evidently Not.

My guess is that some errors can Not be fixed, for some reason. :?:

(I've seen that happen with Other Registry Repair programs, back in the Windows-98 days)

The errors may be something as simple as Duplicate entries tho, and not a problem to worry about.

Every time I've run the Registry Defrag utility it has Never found any problems. (Registry-defrag is Also in the Toolbox utilities)

I don't know why, unless it's because I'm using W-7 OS, and it can't even Find the Registry in the Hidden partition. :lol:

The Registry Fix utility, in ASC, does routinely find and fix all errors tho. (It must be a Newer utility)

(I probably average about 20 errors per day)

Some registry entries wil be recreated after cleaning. Which explains the fact that the program finds some every time you clean your registry.

But Why would registry Errors be recreated?

If they are Real errors, that is?

Would some other program have to be running at the same Time, that recreats the errors?

Maybe something that loads at system start-up and runs in background?

It's difficult to understand how that could happen?

Hi Toppack and Will

Sorry! - you are right - I must have had fragmentation on my mind - or perhaps my mind was fragmented :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

True, but I think he's asking about Registry Errors, not file fragmentation.

Doesn't IObit Registry-fix utility Also fix Structural errors ?

That's confusing since there appears to be 2 utilities in ASC:

one called Registry-Fix

& one called Registry-Defrag (which is also supposed to fix structural errors?)

Are they the same utility :?: Evidently Not.

My guess is that some errors can Not be fixed, for some reason. :?:

(I've seen that happen with Other Registry Repair programs, back in the Windows-98 days)

The errors may be something as simple as Duplicate entries tho, and not a problem to worry about.

Every time I've run the Registry Defrag utility it has Never found any problems. (Registry-defrag is Also in the Toolbox utilities)

I don't know why, unless it's because I'm using W-7 OS, and it can't even Find the Registry in the Hidden partition. :lol:

The Registry Fix utility, in ASC, does routinely find and fix all errors tho. (It must be a Newer utility)

(I probably average about 20 errors per day)

I just noticed that there is Also a THIRD and different utility called Resistry-Cleaner, (in Toolbox utilities)

which I previously had thought was the same as the Registry-Fix utility. (in ASC)

But is Not the same.

The third is Registry-Defrag and I think I understand how it differs from the other two.

Today I ran the 'Cleaner' program for the first time ever, and it found Nothing to fix or change.

(So, Maybe It's similar to the 'Defrag')

I then ran the 'Fix' program and it found 134 problems to fix, and that's after only one day since it's been run :?:

Somehow I just Can Not Believe that there can be 134 registry errors or invalid entries created in one day, with no heavy use of that computer :!:

There's Something Fishy with the reported fixes in the Registry-Fix utility in ASC:?:

Now I'm with you guys that just Don't know what to Believe, Anymore :???:

(About the reported Numbers)

Since we Can Not get anyone to let us know how these numbers are calculated. :cry:

I know these 3 utilities must do different things, in different ways,

but it's frustrating trying to find out what they do and which does a better job of finding and fixing REAL Registry problems.

Hi Toppack,

-Registry Cleaner in IObit Toolbox is not similar to the "Defrag".

-The registry problems that Registry Fix had found could be that much even only a day has passed. They are not created only by heavy use of the PC, but every time you open a program or do something on the PC, it is registered. Unless you do not clean those empty registry entries, they will be there when you use the same programs, or open a same type of file, those registry entries will be used.

The exceptions are the automatically created ones.

-There is nothing fishy with the reported Registry fix utility of ASC.

-Have you checked all the checkboxes in Registry Cleaner of IObit Toolbox before scanning? By default Deep Scan is unchecked.

It may again show a different # of registry fixes at the end, as the algorithm in two programs are slightly different. (It is different in almost all such programs available in the web.)

The one in the Tool box is developed later, so may have a better result.

This issue has been discussed several times in the Forum, perhaps you can have a search and find some.

One thing is for sure though, you can trust the #s shown by both programs in IObit Toolbox and ASC.

Cheers.

Thanks for the NON Fishy Info. :lol:

I did Not notice the Unchecked Deep-Scan box in Registry-Cleaner.

(first time I had used that one)

The numbers are same (or similar) as 'Fix' when doing Deep-scan in 'Cleaner'.

So it appears that the 'Fix' program is a simpler (easy to use) version of the 'Cleaner' program, but the 'Cleaner' program has more Control of what parts of registry are scaned.

So Both programs are Good to have, depending on what is being done.

That's Good to know. :grin:

It was really difficult to understand where All those Invalid entries Come from,

But I do Now realize that they are Really There, since the 'Cleaner' program generates a report showing what it found. ;-)

• 3 months later...
  • 5 years later...

As I can see that you have the 3.7.3 version of Free Advanced System Care. Running the Maintain Windows, Registry fix feature and you are noticing that repeatedly executing this function is showing new errors after having just completed the previous scan and repair cycle. So, some errors can be easily fixed with manual methods or you can also take help of third party tools that allows you fix any registry or other errors easily. You can also follow the below link because this will also help you fix this issue in just a few simple steps:

http://www.iobit.com

Archived