IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Slow Firefox

moiaussi

Ever since I went into the internet booster section of the toolbar to optimize firefox to the recommended settings my Firefox has been very noticeably slower to completely load webpages and sometimes the pages never completely load until I execute STOP and RELOAD, perhaps a number of times until the page completely reloads. This was all I did.

I would greatly appreciate your help. Thank you.

Hi moiaussi,

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Please open Toolbox>>Optimize>>Internet Booster, and click Restore button on the top right to see whether it solves the issue.

Thank you for your help.

I did as YOU suggested but it did NOT resolve MY problem.

ALL of the settings within the Firefox Optimize were checked BEFORE I did as YOU suggested and remained checked AFTER I clicked on RESTORE.

Thank you for the favor of a response and thank you.

Hi moiaussi

Did you check wheather all 24 settings were ticked?

It is the toolbox in ASC 5.1 we are talking about, right?

The newest version is ASC 5.2

Cheers

solbjerg

Thank you for your help.

I did as YOU suggested but it did NOT resolve MY problem.

ALL of the settings within the Firefox Optimize were checked BEFORE I did as YOU suggested and remained checked AFTER I clicked on RESTORE.

Thank you for the favor of a response and thank you.

Hi moiaussi,

We are still working on the issue.

Please press Windows key + R >>type %appdata%\Mozilla in the blank>>click OK button>>open Firefox folder >>Open Profiles>>open the folder with extension ".default" >> find user.js, user.bk, prefs.js and prefs.bk (Note: Maybe you can't find all the four files, please send us the files you find)

Thanks a lot.

Thank you for your prompt reply and I will do as you have asked as soon as I get to my laptop. If you don't mind answering another question.

I am just curious WHY you want me to send you those files.

Thank you for a response and all the help you have given so far and have a good day.

After thinking that I sent 3 of the 4 files you requested I saw that those file types are apparently NOT supported through the advanced file attachment option.

If I am wrong please advise how I can send these to you and thank you.

Hi moiaussi,

Compress the files with a program such as WinRAR and attach them as rar or zip files. Each rar/zip file should not exeed 1.0 MB.

If the files are greater than 1.0 MB when compressed, you can define the 1.0 MB size in WinRAR and it will automatically divide the files accordingly to multiple rar files.

Cheers.

• 3 weeks later...

Firefox Issues

G'day!

I run Palemoon 64bit browser which is a third party build of Firefox 11.I used ASC Pro 5.2 to optimise both Firefox (Palemoon)and Internet optimizations and I run FASTER than ever before (as verified by Speedtest.net,the best there is using all your local servers based on ping to test throughput).Mind you I am using Wireless ADSL2+ now for two months.Our Wireless runs at least,if not faster than our wired connection.

I haven't checked speeds on my other browsers...Comodo Dragon,Opera 64bit and Opera,IE both 32 and 64bit,Slimbrowser etc.

I have a Aspire 5750G 64bit laptop with 8megs RAM and run Windows 7 Home Premium...

I'm sorry you are having FF problems...which do you have?Maybe a different version might be the go for you? :???:

-Cowboy

• 3 months later...
Please verify you are having a problem with a toolbar as the original poster stated... or is it the function within the toolbox?

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

Sorry, I thought he meant toolbox by toolbar. After I ran the internet optimization within the toolbox my internet browsers started working slower (specially Firefox).By the way, I also ran some others functions like deep clean,active boost,etc.

I also have IE 9 and Chrome 19.I got no major issues whit them but Firefox doesn´t load some images and I got to refresh pages and sometimes I can not see them at all. I became PRO like 1 week ago, Its the first time I tried this function.

I also have IE 9 and Chrome 19.I got no major issues whit them but Firefox doesn´t load some images and I got to refresh pages and sometimes I can not see them at all. I became PRO like 1 week ago, Its the first time I tried this function.

Hello :mrgreen:

and sorry for barge in.:oops:

Just try this: Open Internet Booster - Firefox tab.

Navigate to 'Content' and uncheck 'Set maximum number of times the content will do timer-based reflows'. Now run the IB again ...

Hi vascopatan.

Hey guys, thank you both for your suggestions. I tried all you said but Firefox is still working bad,looks like It has no solution haha ( I even reset it to its default options)

I am out of ideas...:|

Except possibly you have some spyware slowing your browser and it is coincidence that you used the optimiser? (You can try SuperantiSpyware).

Or possibly again coincidence and you have a browser add-on slowing it?

Or maybe try a clean install of FF?

As a last resort there is always system restore or utilization of an image.

Maybe some others will post with some ideas!

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

Thanks again,Mel. Reading the Firefox help content, I found that it was an issue concerned to "pipelining". So I edited the user.js file and now It is working pretty well (hope it keeps this way haha). Cheers!

Hi vascopatan,

We are glad to know that the Firefox works normally now. Could you please let us know the changes you made to solve the issue in details? It will be helpful for us to look into the issue further. :-P

Archived