IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Toolbox NOT listed as a program

wagygirl

Why doesn't the IObit Toolbox download as a "program"?

One time the program froze and I had to delete it, bit by bit.

If it were to download as a program like your other software, I would have been able to delete it and re-download it quickly.

Instead it took me DAYS to find all of it in my computer, then delete each part. :-x

IObit Toolbox and

IObit Malware Fighter

are my two favorite programs you make.

Even IObit Malware Fighter downloads as a program, has a program folder, and is listed in my computers programs.

Why does Toolbox get lost in my computer everytime?? :?:

Hi wagygirl,

IObit Toolbox is intended to be used as a stand alone (or/and portable) collection of tools for experts even using a USB stick.

The zip file can be downloaded from IObit Toolbox 1.2 is released. thread and if you extract the content to a folder named IObit Toolbox under main IObit Folder in Program Files, it will stay there until the IObit Toolbox folder is deleted there.

So, IObit Toolbox will not get lost in your computer everytime....:lol::lol:

You can use stand alone IObit Uninstaller's Forced Uninstall to uninstall IObit Toolbox completely and easily. (Please see the attached image.)

Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

wagygirl, you don't have to uninstall every time you install an update.

Clean Install can be used only if there is a problem in the program after update on top of the old one.

BTW, if you create a shortcut of the main executable of a program on the Desktop, apart from executing the program by it's icon, you can easily find the relevant folder by right clicking on it and choosing the ''Open file Location'' option from right click menu.

Cheers.

It doesn't install to "program files".

It installs to :

C:\Users\Amber\Downloads\iobit_toolbox

If I select 'browse" to change location my options are:

+ Libraries

+Amber

+Computer

+Network

How do I change it to a program file?

Hi wagygirl,

Since it is a zip (compressed) file and there is no setup file in it, it will not install, but all the contents of zip file will be extracted to a folder you define.

Please create IObit Toolbox folder in IObit folder such as:

C:\Program Files\IObit\IObit Toolbox

(Right click on IObit folder, hover over your mouse on New, and choose Folder. Rename the new folder to IObit Toolbox.)

When extracting, after clicking Browse...,

- Click on the + (plus) sign of Computer, you will see your volumes +(C:\), +(D:\), etc., with plus (+) signs on left of them.

- Click + sign of (C:), and all the folders including Program Files folder will be seen with + signs.

- Click + sign of Program Files folder, all your programs will be seen listed with + signs.

- Click + sign of IObit folder, all IObit programs will be seen listed with + signs.

- Click on IObit Toolbox folder, it will be highlighted.

- Then extract all the content of IObit Toolbox.zip to highlighted IObit Toolbox folder.

Right click on Toolbox.exe file in IObit Toolbox folder and hover over your mouse on Send To, then click on Desktop (create shortcut) in the menu.

That's it, IObit Toolbox shortcut will be created on your Desktop and you can start the program by that Toolbox shortcut icon.

Cheers.

Note: I would advise to use a file compressing software such as WinRAR for easier compressing and extraction of files.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally.

I have it in my program files. :-D

It took 3 tries following your instructions.

1). My computer said: Make sure that the destination does NOT already exist.

2). Then it said, destination does NOT exist.

Computers, lol.

Got it the third time. 8-)

Thank you sooooo much.

God bless.

Archived