Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK, I give up, where does this install?

Where does this install? There are no shortuts created, nothing in the Start Menu, nothing in Program Files, where the heck is it?
    I see something in ASC5 but it is an older version, not the one I just installed.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/MasterBlaster73

Hi MB,

This appears to be an .exe. I dragged it to the desktop from downloads and was good to go. See Enoskype's post under News and Offers (IObit Uninstaller v2.2 is released) if you want to incorporate it into the ASC5 folder.

A.T.

Comment

Hi masterblaster,

It does not install anywhere, it is there where you have downloaded.
      It is intended to be used as a semi-portable, fx. from memory stick.

I will describe what I do.

1)
      Open a new folder in main IObit folder and name it IObit Uninstaller.

2)
      Copy or move the downloaded iobit-uninstaller.exe file in the newly created IObit Uninstaller folder.

3)
      Create a shortcut for iobit-uninstaller.exe, preferably @ Start and/or Start=>Programs and/or on Desktop

4)
      For XP, the language files, log files and .ini files are @ C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\Application Data\IObit\IObit Uninstaller
      For W7, the language files, log files and .ini files are @ C:\Users\User Name\AppData\Roaming\IObit\IObit Uninstaller

I have explained how to use it in ASC-Toolbox in THIS post.

Cheers.
      enoskype

- Beauty lies in the eye of the beholder and belongs to the man who can appreciate it. -

Comment

Thanks enoskype,
        I did figured it out.
        I was running the EXE from the ZIP file thinking it was installing somewhere.
        The initial splash screen made me believe there was a installation happening.
        http://steamcommunity.com/id/MasterBlaster73

Comment

Working...
        X