IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Holy Crapware! [Everywhere?]

MammawJo

Why? Why? Why? is there so much crapware trying to be installed with IObit products when clicking the download link from the IObit website?? Really??? You should link only with clean downloads from your website!

I'm not talking about the options to install additional IObit products; that is understandable and, at times, very convenient.

It's sad when you have to leave a website to find a decent download. :sad:

optional downloads

Hi MammawJo,

Iobits homepage will obviously show its related products, especially if you opt for the free version of its flagship programmes.

There are alternative sites you can download from my favourite being MajorGeeks it has a massive selection by catagory.

That being said be carefull when you download ensure that you uncheck optional extra's offered to you at this point,

Adobe is my pet hate uncheck McAfee.

Roy

Hi Roy (scrd01) and Enoskype!

It's not the IObit related products that bother me when dl'ing/installing the products. I have actually found that very useful, especially when installing on a different computer. Or like today, found something that I had not yet put on my new laptop.

For whatever reason, you cannot download IObit products directly from IObit website. Ok, I'm fine with that. But whenever you click a download link from the website, it takes you to another site to dl the product. And that download link will download & install all kinds of crapware along with the IObit product(s).

I have ASC Ultimate and wanted to unlock a file, so I clicked the Unlocker button and got a message to install it. It takes me to the IObit website; I click the download button. I'm redirected to FreeNow. I click that link to download. When the installer comes up, it wants to install all kinds of crapware. I declined the first couple; but then ran into one that would not let me skip or decline. So I aborted the install; went to MajorGeeks and got it installed.

What gets me irritated is that link came from IObit. You kinda expect that you may get that junk when you get them from 3rd party links, but not from an official website. Why don't they just use links from sites like MajorGeeks and a few others that don't add all the junk?

And Enoskype, before I went to MajorGeeks, I did checked the forums hoping to find a different link & it has the same link to FreeNow for the Unlocker. :cry:

Considering that many of the IObit products are geared to keeping your pc clean, virus & malware free, I find it a bit ironic that they choose these 3rd party sites that use the crapware installers.

And yeah, I hate that McAfee one on Adobe too! It took me forever to finally get that McAfee mess off my new laptop. (It came pre-installed) But, at least on the Adobe site, it's only uncheck the box before you dl & install....not 5-10 "extras" that you have to jump thru hoops to NOT put on your computer & then later find out that it was installed anyway.

Whew! I seem to really be on a rant today! Must be time to go chill out with a relaxing adult beverage! :lol:

• 2 months later...

The app checks for an update then sends you to a page to download. Every time the convoluted installer failed to download the necessary files. I came to the site to complain to IObit found the forum, found this thread, registered, waited for account approval, posted this.

Most people won't do all that. They will just dump IObit.

• 3 weeks later...

I can see that this issue could cause IObit to loose customers. I install IObit products on my family's computers and they have issues with these crapware installers and want it removed. I just tell them that if the program says it needs an update, to call me so I can send them the right link. Others that are not familiar with how to get around this, will most likely, as you say, just dump the whole thing.

I think IObit needs to be a bit more diligent on where they send customers to get their downloads/updates. It makes no sense to me to use a product to protect your computer that directly sends you to sites that install all this crapware. :roll: & smh

Archived