IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Bloatware

solbjerg

Hi All

Bloatware is often understood to be software that comes piggy-backed on other software installations. Piggy-backing bloatware usually includes toolbars, desktop widgets or external unrelated applications. Most piggy-backing bloatware can perform a mundane task that is generally non-essential to every day computer use.

It is usually possible to refrain from installing it

It can usually be deleted from the computer by uninstalling the program and untick the option to install it at the next install.

Crapware is often understood to be a software definition for any program that is included in a PC's initial software package even though it does not benefit the end user. The definition of crapware can change from one user to another, because while some might want a particular program, such as an anti-virus utility, a disk defragmenter, or a game or other app, to someone else, these programs serve no purpose and make the computer run more slowly. (to these people it is really crap)

Cleaning up crapware involves uninstalling programs and removing any "leftovers" from the computer drive.

Cheers

solbjerg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi mithcd

My sense of fairness and ethics wants the pre-ticking of bloatware to be abandoned and replaced by the concept of having to tick the option in order to install it.

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s. the pre-ticking probably generates more money from the advertising bloaters unfortunately - and as all companies wants to maximize profit it will take some doing to reverse this trend, I am afraid

Thanks for putting this up. I never knew that "Crapware" is even considered as an accepted term per say. But it has been informative, your post. icon_smile.gif

Archived