IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Weird freezing problem?

Matt714

Greetings,

The following problem happens when I try to unlock some folders/files, especially those in the Windows, in the vein of SoftwareDistribution (the folder used by Windows Updates to store cached downloads). Basically, it freezes my screen/mouse and I'm forced to press the restart button to reboot. Not sure whether this is relevant, but my secondary monitor (through a HDMI connection), turns on (it's usually turned off) when the freezing happens. Any chance of finding crash logs that could help you? I tried uninstalling and reinstalling.

This problem doesn't usually happens for other types of files/folders.

I tried using it in safe mode and it ran fine, don't know whether that's because the folder turned out to be unlocked in such a mode.

Thanks.

PS

I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium x64. Intel i7, 16 GB ram.

Security software: Bitdefender Total Security 2015, Comodo Firewall, MalwareBytes Premium.

Archived