IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Send Your Feedback for PCtransfer

Cicely

PCtransfer beta is available.

The best free and portable transfer assistant for Windows XP, 7, 8 after reinstall the operating system.

1. Send your Feedback

- E-mail us your suggestions or comments directly: beta-feedback@iobit.com

- Join discussion on our forums.

The top 10 most valuable beta contributors' names will be printed in the Final version.

2. Share PCtransfer with your families, friends, and colleagues

3. Download Now

Download from MajorGeeks.com

About PCtransfer:

It can securely and easily transfer important documents, files, browser bookmarks and settings, photos, Skype chat records, emails in Outlook to the new operating system. What's more, PCtransfer can quickly select and back up the third-party programs and settings. You can easily restore programs and data with one click and use them in the new system just as before.

Key features of PCtransfer:

* Easy-to-use UI

* Securely transfers files, settings, browser bookmarks and programs to the new Windows system, even a new PC

* Quick backup and easy recovery

* Perfectly supports IE 6,7 and above, Chrome, Firefox, Opera

* Fully supports Windows XP, 7, 8/8.1

When files are big backup takes some hours, it would be good to increase backup speed. Now PC transfer does not have the ability to backup windows (system), it would be useful to backup Windows, in case of errors can be easily repaired or restored. I suggest that PC transfer have possibility to transfer directly via USB cable or network all data, programs, settings, games, photos, licenses, etc. from an old pc to a new one.

1. While you can do selective backup it appears you cannot do a selective restore. It would be nice to be able to do selective restores from the backup folder

2. It would also be nice if a user could override the default backup file name and assign their own name to the backup. For example if I choose to backup just Firefox it would be nice if I could name that backup Firefox xx/xx/xxxx. This way if I want to do a restore of just Firefox I will know which file to restore without having to rename the backed up file in Windows Explorer.

Now I do realize that this is a transfer program designed to be able to transfer files to another computer. However even in that case a user may not want to transfer all backed up files

I do have a question.

Does the Firefox backup include installed Firefox extensions and passwords?

Thanks

Hi Buddahfan,

Thanks for your precious suggestion. I will report it to our product team for consideration.

For the question " Does the Firefox backup include installed Firefox extensions and passwords?"

Yes, it does. :-D

Anyone have any other ideas, please do not hesitate to tell us. Cheers. :wink:

Hi parkd1 and austingrd ,

Thanks for your feedback.

@austingrd , yeah, PCtransfer can support Windows 8.1 Update 1 that comes out on the 8th.

@austingrd, sorry to tell you that it can not transfer the registry setting alone currently.

By the way, could you please tell us why you want to transfer the registry setting alone?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

• 2 months later...

I suggest that PC Transfer has possibility to transfer all content from a hard disk to another hard disk. For example if user has a old Hard Disk with games, files, etc. and want to transfer all content to a new Hard Disc or SSD PC Transfer should help them.

Hi Octavian,

Thanks for your suggestion.

Currently, you can transfer files, folders or movies from one disk to another. But it can not transfer the programs such as the games that need to install.

Well, I will forward this suggestion to our product team for consideration. :-D

• 1 month later...

I suggest that PC Transfer has a possibility to make a list of all your 3rd programs ( like Team VIewer, Skype, etc ) and then with that list to install all avaiable programs from the list ... ALSO with the same basedata to make something to keep update those applications ... :) i hope you guys understand what i'm trying to explain !

ps: Sorry for my bad english :<

Hi prologikus,

Thanks for your suggestion.

Currently, you can transfer files, folders or movies from one disk to another. But it can not transfer the programs such as the games that need to install.

But I will forward this suggestion to our product team for consideration.

Welcome more suggestions.:oops:

Another suggestion will be to save the desktop items locations and then restore it if the resolution is the same :D ( also save the items size if can )

Hi prologikus,

PC Transfer can back up files on the desktop, and those files will be restored to desktop when you restore them.

If you need any further assistance, please feel free to tell us.:-)

:( ... You didn't understand, i know i can save the desktop files and restore them BUT i mean the location of those items for ex: a picture is located at x:3, y :4 when i restore it will be in the same position :) i hope you will understand my this time

:( ... You didn't understand, i know i can save the desktop files and restore them BUT i mean the location of those items for ex: a picture is located at x:3, y :4 when i restore it will be in the same position :) i hope you will understand my this time

Hi prologikus,

Yes, after the restoration, the backups will be restored to their original locations.:-)

• 7 months later...

I realize this is just a free product (at least for now), but no accompanying manual, no help file, not even a FAQ page on the website. It's not so self-explanatory that there should be absolutely no documentation whatsoever.

Plus, it didn't even install a shortcut in the Start menu. I had to drill down into Program Files>IObit>PCtransfer to find the .exe file to start the program. I mean, come on, it's just basic user friendliness to provide a shortcut to start your program!

• 2 years later...