IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Overwritten ID and Remark fields

Hi,

I am evaluating v1.1 on Windows XP SP3. My Password Manager has reached approximately 20 entries and has been working fine for about 2 months. On opening the manager recently I saw that the ID and Remark fields for the first ~18 entries had been overwritten; the passwords are still there, but they all now have the same ID (e.g. server1.me.net) and the same Remark (e.g. superuser login).

I can see that it does seem possible to make a bulk update to these fields but I don't believe it did, since I'm normally very careful in using this tool.

Is this perhaps behaviour that anyone else has seen? Is there a log that can reveal more information?

Thanks,

Ptarmigan

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

All IDs and Remarks overwritten

Hi,

Sorry for the delay. Have replied to your PM enoskype.

I recovered from the last corruption manually and thought I'd accidentally done something wrong. However, this has now happened again a second time and is much more painful. I have too many devices to manually connect and try each password in turn and also several user accounts that I don't remember the usernames for, let alone the passwords. I periodically export all the passwords to a text file so I can recover 80% of them this way but the most recent 20% are lost. It's an operational overhead I can not afford. :sad:

Ptarmigan.

• 1 year later...

I'm assuming this is what happened...

http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/4323/huhqm.jpg

This is the latest version of the program and this is still happening? This is the second time since I've started using this program the database has gotten messed up :cry:

How do I fix this???

Hi racq! Welcome to Iobit forums.

The last update to the Random Password Generator is dated Jun. 19,2011. I am not sure how much development Iobit is doing on this software anymore.

It appears you have the newest version. What has happened?:-?

This is the latest version of the program and this is still happening? This is the second time since I've started using this program the database has gotten messed up :cry:

What did you do to fix the database the first time? And how long ago was that since this is your first post here? What messed the database up and what are the consequences you have suffered?

I hope you have backups!! (system images maybe)? A great backup is to generate your own random passwords and write them down on a piece of paper and stick it away in a safe place.:mrgreen:

Your question is not clear to me... Please clarify!

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

The last update to the Random Password Generator is dated Jun. 19,2011. I am not sure how much development Iobit is doing on this software anymore.

It appears you have the newest version. What has happened? (The "ID" and

remarks" columns were overwritten (see Screenshot :? )):-?

What did you do to fix the database the first time? (Noting, I started from scratch) And how long ago was that since this is your first post here? (Last version, more/less 6 months ago) What messed the database up and what are the consequences you have suffered? (No clue, and I lost about 2 pages worth of passwords)

I hope you have backups!! (system images maybe)? A great backup is to generate your own random passwords and write them down on a piece of paper and stick it away in a safe place.:mrgreen: (My Opera password manager has most of these backed up, I usually only need this when I need to renew a password.)

Your question is not clear to me... Please clarify!

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

I'm honestly going to have to get back to everyone I've recommended this to stop using it (at least do double backups) since the database for this program seems to be way to fragile to use reliably.

I basically need to talk to one of the developers in order to find out how to remove all the extra data the the program inserted and hopefully find the what's left of whats supposed to be in the "ID" and "Remarks" columns.

This SHOULD be a known problem because the OP explained the problem as well as one of the reviewers for the program on the Source Forge website see: http://sourceforge.net/projects/iobitrpg/reviews/

Hi racq!

I asked the questions to clarify (so that others my respond to the best of their ability)... thanks for answering!!:grin: Take the 1/3 sourceforge with a grain of salt.:-)

I wish I could be of more use but I have never personally utilized the program. I am asking a member of the Iobit support staff to look at this.

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

Archived