• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cicely
    started a topic More Start buttons for Start Menu 8

More Start buttons for Start Menu 8

Hello Everybody,

Start Menu 8 enables you to choose your own favorite Start button now.

Here is how:

1. Select three pictures first and rename them as xxx_normal.png, xxx_hover.png, and xxx_click.png. The picture size should be 54*40 for all the three pictures.

Note: “xxx” is the name that will be displayed in Start Menu 8. So it should be the same for all the three pictures.

2. Copy the renamed and resized three pictures into the folder StartButtonSkin under the program installation folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\IObit\StartMenu8 or your own defined installation folder.

3. Right click your current Start button >>choose Settings>>click Start Button on the left>>choose your newly added Start button>>click Apply.

Other information:

- xxx_normal.png indicates the picture displayed when you work on other things.
    - xxx_hover.png indicates the picture displayed when your mouse hovering the button.
    - xxx_click.png indicates the picture displayed when you click on the button.

Welcome to show your great Start buttons here! You can also comment on the new designs in this section, but no links for advertisement purposes are allowed.

Links to be deemed advertisement and spam, will be deleted and forum rules applied.

Enjoy it!

• hellraezer
    replied
    Always been a fan of Skyrim, so...
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• WiseGentleman
    replied
    Well, its a very old post but still found it very helpful for my device. But there is one thing should be changed if we click Start Button on the left then choose the newly added user name from start button. After that when clicking on Apply, its not working.

Leave a comment:

• bluemoon4ever
    replied
    here are my attempts ...
    1 - Rubiks Cube
    2 - Aero
    Click Hover Normal

Leave a comment:

• DarkMaster
    replied
    I guess I will post mine too (I think it's cool though it was done with ease and not much effort)
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• ChrisSkyRo
    replied
    Dinosaurs start buttons

Leave a comment:

• ChrisSkyRo
    replied
    Start menu icons that I use.

Leave a comment:

• ChrisSkyRo
    replied
    Apple Button

Leave a comment:

• GypsyMama0102
    replied
    First post ever!

Made some Nightmare Before Christmas buttons! Just in time for Halloween! May do more if these turned out well
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Effix
    replied
    Hey guys, here's a Superman button. Feel free to swap them around if you like. Have fun!

Attached Files
    normal hover click

Leave a comment:

• BrightBanner
    replied
    Hello Everyone, I made This one for Game of Thrones fan.
    It looks awesome on my Taskbar. I hope you'll enjoy it too.

Click image for larger version

Name:	HouseStark_normal.png
Views:	1
Size:	23.9 KB
ID:	216149

Name:	HouseStark_hover.png
Size:	23.9 KB
ID:	216150

Name:	HouseStark_click.png
Size:	23.8 KB
ID:	216151

Download it from Attachment
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• WarManXII
    replied
    car.zip

Figured I'd make this
    the only car pics
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• drums4life
    replied
    Awesome! That did it! I figured it was something simple like that. Thanx enoskype!

Leave a comment:

• enoskype
    replied
    Hi drums4life,

The installation folder and NAME of the folder is changed, please uninstall Start Menu 8 completely and reinstall the latest version to it's default folder :

C:\Program Files (x86)\IObit\Classic Start

You can copy your old button images prior to uninstall and put them in the new folder.

Cheers

Leave a comment:

• drums4life
    replied
    Hi enoskype,

Thanx for your reply & suggestion. I downloaded the newer version & ran/installed it as admin, but sorry to say I'm still having the same problem with the custom icons. Any other ideas to try?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X