IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Pin programs to Start Menu

sgreen00

I had to create a new user profile in Windows 8.1. A lot of my customizations were lost.

Anyway, I want to populate the top of the Start Menu with programs I use most frequently.

However, when I find a program in the list below and right click, the Pin to Start Menu option isn't there. Am I looking in the wrong place?

Stephen

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Looking for Love...errrr, (pinnable icons) in all the RIGHT Places!

I had to create a new user profile in Windows 8.1. A lot of my customizations were lost.

Anyway, I want to populate the top of the Start Menu with programs I use most frequently.

However, when I find a program in the list below and right click, the Pin to Start Menu option isn't there. Am I looking in the wrong place?

Stephen

:| Dear Stephen;

You must have been SO irked at the time of this post! I HOPE you have resolved your issue by now. Just as a follow-up, your efforts to Pin Programs to the Iobit Start Menu were SPOT ON! You go to the Menu Button, wait for the Menu to open (or click, depending on how your system is set up), right click on the desired "recent program", and click on "Pin to Start Menu".

If the choice to Pin the Program is not there, clearly something is not working properly. I DID notice that only "recent programs" that pop-up on their own, after the Menu Button has been used, can be pinned. I don't know about you, but I have a bunch of other "Recent Programs" that pop-up after the All Programs bar is clicked. They are represented by smaller icons and only offer an option to "Pin to Taskbar". Frustrating. Perhaps you were in those Programs, right-clicking?

Unfortunately, that's all I have to offer. As I said, I do hope your situation was resolved with minimal irritation.

Best Wishes;

Mya

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g254/musicladyiii/Myaearthangl.gif

• 1 month later...

Thanks for your replies. I've been away from the Forum, so have just read them today.

I just updated to version 1.5.

Pinning items to the Start Menu is still inconsistent.

I'll keep trying to figure this out.

Stephen

Archived