IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Send Your Feedback or Suggestions for Start Menu 8 v2

Cicely

Great News! Start Menu 8 v2 Beta 1.0 is available now!

Familiar with your Windows 8 easier and more quickly with the improved Start button and start menu in Start Menu 8 version 2.

1. Download now

Download from MajorGeeks

2.Send your feedback and suggestions

- E-mail us your suggestions or comments directly: beta-feedback@iobit.com

- Join discussion on our forums

The top 20 most valuable contributors will be given a 6-month license code of Advanced SystemCare Pro. And their names will be printed in the Start Menu 8 v2 Final version.

Advanced SystemCare gives you a faster, cleaner and more secure PC with Spyware Removal, Registry Fix, Privacy Protection, Performance Tune-up, and System Cleaning capabilities.

3.Share Start Menu 8 v2 with your families, friends, and colleagues

4.Help us translate

1)Please download the original English.lng file from the attachment, and help us translate it to your own language.

2)Please follow the translation guide in the link here:

http://forums.iobit.com/forum/genera...multi-language

3)Please send your translated language file to the email: beta-feedback@iobit.com

5.What's New

+ More OS Supported - Supported Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP

+ Better UI - Optimized user interface for easy and convenient operation

+ Search Whole Disk - Supported fast search items from whole disk no matter whether they are indexed

+ Skip UAC - Supported skipping UAC when you open applications from Start Menu 8

+ Quick Launch - Displayed recently opened items under documents, browsers, etc. in Start Menu

+ Pin to Start Menu - Added the function "Pin to Start Menu (Start Menu 8)" when right click an item

+ Auto Sync - Supported automatically sync user picture and Account picture

+ Restart in Safe Mode - Supported restart in Safe Mode for Windows 8 and Windows 8.1

* And more to be discovered by you

Thank you very much.

Hi Cicely,

Great to hear that the new version is on the way!

My suggestion is to ADD Classic Style as an option.

The only reason that I am using Classic Start Menu 4.1.0 from ClassicShell developers is the Classic Style option they have - as I find it very useful for me.

Thank you and cheers.

• 2 weeks later...

Main thing I'd like to see is following windows scaling rules when you're using it on a high res display. On a 4k/UHD display the start menu is tiny.

Are you planning to follow Microsoft's lead and add live tiles to the start menu? If so, can we get an option *not* to show live tiles?

Thanks for the great work on a really handy little utility.

Hi Skrybe,

Start Menu 8 will support all screen resolution in the version 2.

For the concern about live tiles, we will consider your feedback very carefully if we decide to add live tiles to start menu.

Thanks for supporting IObit.

Hi Protopia,

Thanks for your feedback.

When you said "Start8", do you mean the program Start 8 or Start Menu 8?

Please take a screenshot about the popup window "the pop-up window said it was Advanced System Care (which I don't have) that had crashed", and send the screenshot to us so that we can further look into the issue.

Here is how to take the screen shot: http://take-a-screenshot.org/

Thanks for your time.

:?: A Beta bug?

Hi Cicely,

In the new Start Menu v8 Beta 1, even if you un-tick the checkmark for "Run at Windows start up" in Settimgs, SM8 v2 starts with Windows startup.

Please see the attached screenshot.

BTW, any info from the dev. about the real Classic style?

Cheers.

Dear enoskype,

Thanks very much for your feedback.

For the first issue, please follow the steps below to help us further look into it.

1.Download the tool GetIObitConfigurationFile.exe from the link below, and put it on your desktop.

http://wikisend.com/download/127750/GetIObitConfigurationFile.exe

2.Run the tool, then click Start button. After it finished, click OK.

3.Please send the zipped file IObitConfigurationFile.zip to us for further checking.

For the Classic style start menu, it will not be added currently.

Thanks for your time and help.

Hi Cicely,

Start Menu 8 v2 Beta is completely clean uninstalled an re-installed with the same result unwillingly starting with Windows startup.

After the above operation, GetIObitConfigurationFile.exe program is executed and IObitConfigurationFile.zip file is e-mailed to you to support@iobit.com.

main.ini file of SM8 shows that the value for startup with Windows is zero (0)

Cheers.

• 4 weeks later...

What I really want to see is a popup that says Windows updates are waiting to be installed. I rarely restart this thing and when I do I find a couple of dozen updates waiting. I never let Windows or anything else install automatically but I do need to know about security updates. An icon in the tray or a popup that reminds me would be perfect.Thumbs up

• 1 month later...

I have a unique problem with version 8.2. When I click on an office file on start menu,it opens with the wrong program. When I click on the same file in it's folder,it opens with the right program.I have MSOffice and Libre Office both installed but have specific files that need to open in a specific program. How can I fix this??

Hi bigstick50,

Welcome to IObit Forum!

Please follow the steps below to check whether the issue is solved or not.

1.Right click Start button to choose Exit to exit Start Menu 8 firstly.

2.Download the file SM_FIX.zip from the link here: http://wikisend.com/download/305390/SM_FIX.zip

3.Unzip SM_FIX.zip to find SMFixTool.exe. Then double click to run SMFixTool.exe. Then click the button "Fix Error".

4.After the fix is finished, click OK button. Then run Start Menu 8 again to check whether the issue is solved or not.

Thanks for your time.

Archived